Get Eyes Fixed - laser eye surgery

JAS21

Someone with experience please. My wife is 58 and has been wearing varifocals for a couple of years now. She would like to get her eyes fixed so she doesn't need to wear glasses anymore (hopefully) ... well not for walking/driving etc. So can anyone offer their experiences please.

Need a good recommendation, or two, we are in BK ... cost is not a problem. thanks

There have been many threads on this, do a search for "Lasix"

The Thai Refractive Surgery Center is far and away the best place for this. Consultation is free. She should discuss with htem the pors and cons of going for monovision i.e. leaving one eye undercorrected. As this would be the only way to leave her not needing glasses for either distance or reading. I had that done about 15 years ago and so far still don't need reading glasses.

TRSC does a good job of telling you what results are likely in a specific individuals's case. Note that there are no absolute guarantees, but they can tell you the odds.

http://www.lasikthai.com/?ref=do:intro&lang_id=2

There have been many threads on this, do a search for "Lasix"

The Thai Refractive Surgery Center is far and away the best place for this. Consultation is free. She should discuss with htem the pors and cons of going for monovision i.e. leaving one eye undercorrected. As this would be the only way to leave her not needing glasses for either distance or reading. I had that done about 15 years ago and so far still don't need reading glasses.

TRSC does a good job of telling you what results are likely in a specific individuals's case. Note that there are no absolute guarantees, but they can tell you the odds.

http://www.lasikthai.com/?ref=do:intro&lang_id=2

Thanks Sheryl

Actually she would be happy to not have to wear glasses most of the time ... she will go and chat with TRSC.

I had mine 20 years ago. Now need reading glasses but I suspect that was inevitable and is no big deal. The experience, while not traumatic, is ( or at least when I had it done) not pleasant. Bit like having a bad cold for a couple of days after the procedure. The only advice I would offer ( which is contrary to the "official line") is to consider having both eyes done at the same time. I did it that way because I suspected that if I didn't like the experience, I wouldn't go back a week later to have the second eye done. Most people have them done a week apart

If seeking monovision then you have to do one eye at a time, and much more than a week apart as need the vision in the first eye to stabilize first so they then know how much to correct the other eye. As mentioned, monovision can help stave off the need for reading glasses.

i had it done that way - first the worst eye and then after it stablilized (a month or more later) the other one. Got 20/20 in one eye and about 20/40 in the other, which has been perfect and so far still don't need reading glasses.

My friend is flying to Singapore to have laser surgery on his eyes.

He works for Chevron which runs an excellent medical audit regarding all treatments available for their employees and in this instance, they advised them to go to Singapore as they could not refer them to any quality treatment here.

Edited by Kitsune

If seeking monovision then you have to do one eye at a time, and much more than a week apart as need the vision in the first eye to stabilize first so they then know how much to correct the other eye. As mentioned, monovision can help stave off the need for reading glasses.

i had it done that way - first the worst eye and then after it stablilized (a month or more later) the other one. Got 20/20 in one eye and about 20/40 in the other, which has been perfect and so far still don't need reading glasses.

Interesting ... thanks