Air Asia booking difficulties

rak sa_ngop

I have just wasted over an hour trying to make an AirAsia on-line booking. I wanted to make a Counter payment at 7-11 but the site just sent me round in circles in the Payment part of the process. (If I made a credit card payment 180 baht extra and also maybe have to phone the UK for card clearance)

I phoned the AA helpline and they offered to make the booking by phone, but the price was more expensive (no 20 pc discount).

Final comment from the AA lady was that there are problems with the site on Firefox so try another browser. Internet Explorer did the trick for me.

So 'Now Everyone Can Fly' but only if you have lots of spare time to make the booking and know a bit about computers.

Jeeeeez

• Like 2

Oh no...180 baht extra for a credit card payment?!? You're right, not "everyone" can fly...only the filthy rich!!!

I had this surprise too when I booked a flight a few weeks ago. In the past the credit card service fee was around 40 bahts but AAseem to charge us the same amount ( 180 B ) that the Thai banks charge us if we use our debit card in a Thai ATM.

Nok Air charged me a low service fee for using a credit card. If I remember it was Under 50 Bahts

I also used Thai Lion Air this month and I paid no service fee to use my credit card.

This is a very old problem, AA's website randomly not accepting credit cards. Once a customer of mine had 2 credit cards issued by the same bank, AA's website rejected one but accepted the other one. Unbelievable they still seem to be unaware of the problem, or just unwilling to do something about it.

This is a very old problem, AA's website randomly not accepting credit cards. Once a customer of mine had 2 credit cards issued by the same bank, AA's website rejected one but accepted the other one. Unbelievable they still seem to be unaware of the problem, or just unwilling to do something about it.

It's just bad programming of their website. The site should be working with every browser available.

It's just one of the many reasons I have never used them and never will.

Yermanee wai.gif

I don't mind the AirAsia inflight experience (but their baggage check-in can be horrendous with all the mainland Chinese tour groups checking-in); however, their website is horrendous. If BangkokAir, NokAir, Lion or Thai have a smiliar fare - I book with them. But I must admit, AirAsia is frequently the cheapests option even with the nefarious add=on's.

I would be much happier to book with them if their website were not such a bait and switch.

We have an Air Asia office in CM.I don't have credit card and they don't accept real money ie CASH,also if you book on line its cheaper.

So it begs the question...... why have an office ? the world has gone mad, but we all know that.