Online AppleStore or buy at Local shop

Orangutan

Hello,

My current MacBooks are not upgradeable to Mavericks, so I can't run the latest upgrade to my brokerage/trading platform.

I want to get a MacBook Air, and 27 in. Thunderbolt Display .. are these any advantages to ordering from the online store, as opposed to buying it from a local Apple dealer?

Thanks,

-O

Apple online store. Three words:

Education discount.

Customisation.

If your considering the 13" Air I would go 13" MBPr. A far better performing machine, better screen obviously and smaller footprint for not a lot more money.

Edited by negreanu

Do be aware that if you purchase as a vat registered company, you can't claim vat back from purchase in Apple online store, as Apple refuses to put vat amount on the bill. They just write total amount is including duties and vat. Not acceptable to revenue department.

The local store my give you the VAT refund paperwork but you must show the items to authorities at the airport to get the refund... I would note that where you have the authorities view the items is OUTSIDE luggage checkin!... So you could have someone come with you to the airport show the laptop and screen and return it home and you could go thru immigration and go to refund counter...

Edited by sfokevin

The local store my give you the VAT refund paperwork but you must show the items to authorities at the airport to get the refund... I would note that where you have the authorities view the items is OUTSIDE luggage checkin!... So you could have someone come with you to the airport show the laptop and screen and return it home and you could go thru immigration and go to refund counter...

You can be asked again post immigration to show the item. Also what's the point of he above?

Just select education store online and u get savings equivalent of doing a vat refund.

• Like 1