Toyota Hilux Vigo air con fan motor low power!

kwak250

I have a 2007 hilux vigo 4x4 and never really put the aircon fan more than the second setting

Now it makes a slight noise and the first 2 settings get very little air

I need it on the full blast setting which seems less than half as powerful as before

I suspect its the motor next to the air filter

Anyone had to replace or check /fix this part?

How easy is it to check?

Seems like something maybe clogged in there restricting it?

Going to look at it tomorrow morning as my wifes brother says its the radiator that i need to replace which i am sure it cant be

Would take it to Toyota but they love to replace everything rather than clean it

Thanks for any help in advance

I have a prerunner, 2007. EVERY YEAR I have had to change the air blower. Cost is about 1300 baht. It is directly behind your glove compartment. 3 large screws, the plug and and it falls out. Easy to install.

No idea why they go so fast.

Hmmmmm, mines 2007, no problem.

I have a prerunner, 2007. EVERY YEAR I have had to change the air blower. Cost is about 1300 baht. It is directly behind your glove compartment. 3 large screws, the plug and and it falls out. Easy to install.

It"s a toyota

It"s a toyota

Lucky he has one, anything else it might be a big buck problem.........whistling.gif ....................laugh.png

• Like 1

Thanks transam tried your suggestion but think that seemed to be what made it go wrong my 4 year old does that all the time switching on and offf all the time

Dropped the motor out with the 3 screws very easy and plugged it back in and it still seems restricted ,ah well looks like 1300 baht for the new one ,

Is that with Toyota fitting it as i expect its a less at a smaller parts shop and by the time i wait for Toyota to do it i would have been on my 3rd beer!

Thanks for your help and Yes if it was a ford it would have needed much more than this ,nearly 7 years and first part to replace apart from service parts

Dont suppose anyone knows when a all new Hilux will hit the market now that Ford/Mazda/Isuzu have all pretty much copied the basic shape of the Hilux?

I think you may find your airconditioner needs cleaning. The blocked coils are restricting the airflow.

Hi thanks but i have dropped out the motor from the blower and switched it on and seems about half power from new ,i would have thought it can only be this part ?

I think you may find your airconditioner needs cleaning. The blocked coils are restricting the airflow.

Hi thanks but i have dropped out the motor from the blower and switched it on and seems about half power from new ,i would have thought it can only be this part ?

OK just an idea. Every time I have had my air cleaned it really seems to blast in.

Thanks Harry i will do both i think cant hurt cheers

OK just an idea. Every time I have had my air cleaned it really seems to blast in.