Violence in Bangkok...worsening?

philippa

Online degrees don't mean anything just a short cut & Australia is First Nation, the only reason I mentioned it. Online is not an option for Nation-wise degrees of any importance within the initial education. Secondaries, thereafter...fine.

No offense intended, but if anyone here can make heads or tails of this please post a translation.
wow, I got HTML. Thiavisa really needs to fix their "Apple" App. Had to reply even if the App limits my communication. Education is a special process not something to be passed over or rolled over in the matter of a couple years. My skill set, education or otherwise is Marketing Media & in any country an online degree 'laughable'. No offense to the original OP, you're young & stuck with the majority of the incompetent teachers ruling the West.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You'll be fine as long as you avoid demonstrations and don't criticise the government.

On the other hand, outside Bangkok, you'll be fine as long as you don't go out after dark without constant farang companions.

Thailand has a poor record of violence (rapes, muggings) against lone foreigners, especially women.

Where did you get that statement from? There are rapes and muggings in any country in the world, and I will say something else, if it wasn't for prostitution in any country, I believe there would be many more rapes.

Online degrees don't mean anything just a short cut & Australia is First Nation, the only reason I mentioned it. Online is not an option for Nation-wise degrees of any importance within the initial education. Secondaries, thereafter...fine.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Online is fine, used to be called distance learning. Studied for a masters from University of Glasgow (one of the Russel group). Excellent I recall. They have been conducting distance learning since 1760's (yes hundreds of years) as an enlightened response to government bigots who refused to let jewish students study at the university. Catch up please before laughing at others! smile.png

BKK is fine if you avoid the crowds. We have visited during several previous periods of unrest. Show respect but do not get involved. Have fun but the advice to travel with others is VERY sound (personal experience).

You'll be fine as long as you avoid demonstrations and don't criticise the government.

On the other hand, outside Bangkok, you'll be fine as long as you don't go out after dark without constant farang companions.

Thailand has a poor record of violence (rapes, muggings) against lone foreigners, especially women.

In what universe are you living in? Do you even.live in thailand? You do know we get 10+million tourists every year, even if 10 people were to get mugged and/or raped everyday that would give a probability of 1 in 33,000 or so. Except the figure is nore like 10 a fortnight.

and LOL "don't criticise the government"...you really are dumn aren't you!

Edited by sadhukar