Bus 504 Silom to Don Meuang

rak sa_ngop

Last time I went to Don Meuang airport I caught the 504 ac bus on Silom Road. Cheap and incredibly convenient for me. It originates in Rat Burana and goes past DM airport to Rangsit.

Problem now is that with the street protests I haven't seen a 504 bus on Silom road for weeks.

Does anybody know what the current routing is? I assume the bus is still running.

I think that 504 is a private company run bus and not a BMTA one?

However, the BMTA website http://www.bmta.co.th/th/news.php has an update on all of the buses with route changes as of today so check that, http://www.bmta.co.th/th/news_detail.php?id=245. Or better still give them a call.

Personally, it is a good time to taxi it but you could do a BTS to Saphan Kwai and catch any of the numerous Rangsit buses which normally head north along Phahonyothin rd past Mo Chit BTS then Vihavadi but which are currently being diverted along Kampaeng Phet 2 rd to avoid the blockade.

Many of the other north routes which normally run thru Pratunam-Ratchadamri-Silom are terminating at Din Daeng (eg.73 & 514) so it would make sense that the 504 might be doing the same eg (Din Daeng to Rangsit) but I am just surmising.

Knowledgeable on transport issues, TV member Khun Asanee will probably know about 504. PM him

Personally, it is a good time to taxi it but you could do a BTS to Saphan Kwai and catch any of the numerous Rangsit buses which normally head north along Phahonyothin rd past Mo Chit BTS then Vihavadi but which are currently being diverted along Kampaeng Phet 2 rd to avoid the blockade.

This sounds like a great solution.

Thanks

A1 special express still runs from Mochit BTS-it runs round the park now. and turns before the mobcamp.

In this case alas the advice of LG is not very good-as the Vict. Mon is also a mob-camp, the BMTA also carefully avoids sending its buses there, thus also keep them away from Sapan kwai-but early in the day many rot ruam do. I mostly take the vans via he tollway to there-these also start from Vict. Mon-current situation unknown.

504 runs in 2 sections-south from Bang Rak to Tung Kru- and MAYBE north Rangsit-to near Central Lard prao. it is run by SK-tour or Union Bus-Services.

With the lifting of the PDRC blockade today at VM & Lat Phrao all Phahonyothin rd bus routes should return to normal by tonight.

So a BTS to Mo Chit from Silom then either the A1 or numerous other Rangsit bound buses should suffice for your needs.

• Like 1