Australia visa application at CM Post Office?

properjob

I need to get a tourist visa for a short trip to Australia in April. I was told that a 'central post office' inside the Moat will accept applications - and send the passport to and from the Australian Embassy in Bangkok.

1. Has anyone done this?

2. If so, where is this post office I was told about? I can't find a Central Post Office inside the old city.

Thanks.

My wife got hers from BKK by post she is Thai,Some nationalities can do it all online with a credit card

You can see if eligible here

https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETA/etas.jsp

Good Luck

Thanks for that link. I have a British/EC passport, and the countries eligible for the online application are extremely limited. They don't include Britain.

HOWEVER, Jonny's link put me on the right track. It seems like I can apply online for a free visitor visa through this page;

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/651.aspx?tab=1&heading=who-could-get-this-visa

The visa agent,VFS, is in the Post office near the CM Railway Station about 2 sois coming back into the city ,same side of the road.Its no where near the moat.We were there last week to submit our application after downloading the relevant form from www.immi.gov.au. All the info is on that site explaining what is required.They send application to to the VFS office in Sathorn Rd, Bangkok.

My wife's is a tourist visa, max 6 mths Total cost was 5,200b and passport will be sent back to us EMS.This will be my wife's 3rd visit so don't expect any problems. There are a couple of other visa agents in town but their cost is probably twice as much so I have been told.Hope that helps.

The visa agent,VFS, is in the Post office near the CM Railway Station about 2 sois coming back into the city ,same side of the road.Its no where near the moat.We were there last week to submit our application after downloading the relevant form from www.immi.gov.au. All the info is on that site explaining what is required.They send application to to the VFS office in Sathorn Rd, Bangkok.

My wife's is a tourist visa, max 6 mths Total cost was 5,200b and passport will be sent back to us EMS.This will be my wife's 3rd visit so don't expect any problems. There are a couple of other visa agents in town but their cost is probably twice as much so I have been told.Hope that helps.

Thanks for that. I'll look into the online process first, and if that doesn't work for any reason, now I know where to go.

ron