Schools for my 7 year old

JoeyDaRench

Hello,

My family and I will be moving to the area in April. I will need a school for my 7 year old Thai/American son. I have searched this forum, but really did not have good success. I'm new to this.

I have seen the CRIS and CRICS websites. The CRIS is definately out of our budget. I'd like to find a good private Thai school for him to attend. We do not feel he needs an English speaking school although that is not a sticking point. We're open to all possibilities.

I'd really like the opinions of those who have children attending the local schools. Which are good, which are not so good and especially, why are they good/not good.

Any suggestions and recommendations would be great.

Thanks to all.

AMEC is another school you could consider. It is a few kilometers south of Chiang Rai. I believe they also have a bi-lingual curriculum. Best wishes. If that is not possible, the best school is Anuban Chiang Rai. Teachers are great with kids (at least when my boys were enrolled there). Anuban Chiang Rai, however, is a bit difficult to get into because most parents want their kids to be enrolled there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chicken George,

Thanks very much for your response. I'll look at St. Marys when we arrive.

As we hope to arrive in mid-April, I am sure that getting into the new school year will be difficult.

Hopefully we can find a good school and get enrolled.

Again, thanks for your response.

Joe