Where to watch Super Bowl early Monday AM?

Pleas

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Bowl XLVIII is here! Come watch the Seattle Seahawks annihilate the Denver Broncos! Or, wait, is it the other way around? LOL!

Mark your calendar for 6:am on Monday, February 3 at the Empress Hotel in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

There will be an all-you-can-eat buffet for just 250 Baht per person.

Normally around 100 people join this event.

THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY EVENT - No Alcohol will be sold, served or available. NO BYO either, sorry.

6:am doors open
6:30am kick off
250 Baht per person

For more info, call and talk to Ning: 053.960.290
https://www.facebook...58373984382358/ - Join the Facebook event if you want to.

• Like 2

Or if you want a beer, try a sports bar. Family friendly, does that mean screaming kids? Do they have a bouncy castle?

So who are you rooting for?

biggrin.png

Last year there were a few teenagers, who were able to look after themselves and no bouncy castle, sorry!

I like the Broncos!

Super Bowl XLVIII is here! Come watch the Seattle Seahawks annihilate the Denver Broncos! Or, wait, is it the other way around? LOL!

Mark your calendar for 6:am on Monday, February 3 at the Empress Hotel in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY EVENT - No Alcohol will be sold, served or available. NO BYO either, sorry.

Empress Hotel, Chiang Mai

250 Baht per person

https://www.facebook...58373984382358/ - Join the Facebook event if you want to.

Event Thailand with no beer, family event in Thailand LMFAO cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif all-you-can-eat buffet cheesy.gif Good auld US of A clap2.gif OMG I am excited...Are you sure this event in not been held in the USA???

post-198216-0-15224900-1391067518_thumb.

• Like 1

Or if you want a beer, try a sports bar. Family friendly, does that mean screaming kids? Do they have a bouncy castle?

Colorado born and raised and spent 30 years in Seattle!

biggrin.png Broncos, (to celebrate my dad's 88th birthday, today!)

In the past, and probably this year, Chiang Mai Saloon on Ratvithi (between UN Irish Pub, across street from The Wall) has opened early and had a boozy brunch special for the Super Bowl. The CM Saloon on Loi Kroh may do the same. I assume many foreigner oriented bars in the old city or along Loi Kroh will show the game, you just need to scout them out and decide which one you like best.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

biggrin.png

Last year there were a few teenagers, who were able to look after themselves and no bouncy castle, sorry!

I like the Broncos!

No bouncy castle?! But it's like three hours with only 12 minutes of actual action.

Will they be serving beer due to the elections? Anyway B&B Sugar Bar at the top of Loic Kroh and Bamboo Cafe opposite The Wall Restraunt

Election will be over. Feb 2. SB is Monday Feb 3.

100204828.jpg

Loi Kroh at 6 a.m., about the time Spicy winds down. It could be interesting.

• Like 2

-snip-

Is this one of those deals where they hand you a tiny plate of food and say "That's all you can eat?"

No but they might make special arrangements for you if you say please.

They have a pretty decent buffet any how.

-snip-

Is this one of those deals where they hand you a tiny plate of food and say "That's all you can eat?"

Maybe it's you that's big not the plate tiny....cheesy.gif

Edited by lmfao

Will it be shown on CTH here??

No. Only on TrueVision. Watch for free on the internet.

I'm in Chiang Rai. What internet site would you recommend?

Interesting, perhaps, that the two US states to most recently vote to legalize pot smoking, are the two states hosting the dueling Super Bowl teams; Colorado and Washington.

Edited by boomerangutang
  • Like 2

250 Baht per person

I went to this even last year and depending on what kind of family you have it's friendly.

During the half time when we wanted to talk about the game and do as we please as we payed for attending they made everyone be quiet for Christian prayers (not Buddhist as is the religion of this land and for sure not what I adhere too). Also literature was passed out, this was non intrusive and wasn't really a problem but not really appropriate for a football game. If your going to have thins kind of event and charge people they should be upfront about it and not try to trick us like they do the other people they are trying to convert.

If this years event is different I apologize in advance and ask to please be corrected but as I believed it is sponsored by the same company I am assuming correctly otherwise I wouldn't have posted as such (also the no booze ban is a good hint!).

I'm all for freedom of religion and freedom of speech but feel it is only forthcoming that they be used concidingly when appropriate.

Maybe they'll have Joel Osteen there this year?

250 Baht per person

I went to this even last year and depending on what kind of family you have it's friendly.

During the half time when we wanted to talk about the game and do as we please as we payed for attending they made everyone be quiet for Christian prayers (not Buddhist as is the religion of this land and for sure not what I adhere too). Also literature was passed out, this was non intrusive and wasn't really a problem but not really appropriate for a football game. If your going to have thins kind of event and charge people they should be upfront about it and not try to trick us like they do the other people they are trying to convert.

If this years event is different I apologize in advance and ask to please be corrected but as I believed it is sponsored by the same company I am assuming correctly otherwise I wouldn't have posted as such (also the no booze ban is a good hint!).

I'm all for freedom of religion and freedom of speech but feel it is only forthcoming that they be used concidingly when appropriate.

Exactly!

I attended 2 years ago, and thought I'd be able to catch the halftime show as well.

Instead, the broadcast was turned off for 20 minutes while some guy talked about all of God's work they were doing in Burma, and some lady got up to lead a prayer begging the lord to please, please, please help those poor people in Burma.

Have been considering it. Would rather listen to a lecture on God's work than a bunch of drunks at half time any how. Not a Christian just a Seahawk fan.

Down with the Broncos.

Edity

Yes I know drunks are charming witty and intelligent. Been there done that. Boring is more like it but can't convince them of that.

Edited by northernjohn