Anti-govt mass rally on poll day, PDRC vows complete Bangkok shutdown

webfact

A Thai guy who swims in my condo pool informs me that his girlfriend's parents in Esaan have already been paid 500b + 500b to vote a certain way. They were paid around 10 days ago.

I have known this guy 2-3 years and I trust what he says.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Eddy

Perhaps, dear Eddy, if you were prepared to venture outside the expat bubble of your condo and go to live for 6 months in an Isaan village then your comment would be worth two cents!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whilst I supported Sutheps goals to begin with, he is now becoming an embarrassment for all who followed him..

It has become obvious (though not to him) that continued protests are not really achieving that much, as the government has the combined intellect of a 3yr old.

If he just stood aside and let the people of the country vote, he might be surprised at the results ??

You just realised this? OK how will he be surprised? There is only one party that will come up trumps here and that is the PTP. And yes the Army should be protecting the people not the protestors as they do not have the right to carry out there intended actions. Your a sick man Suthep.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's not as clear cut as that, unfortunately.

The very PDRC friendly commissions including election commissioner Somchai Srisutthiyakorn (same Somchai pictured with PDRC protesters) will hold by-elections until all parliamentary seats are filled which could take 6 months. In the meantime YL governments stays an interim government that can't pass a budget or get access to debt markets. Even though they're responsible, they'll start blaming it on her.

The yellow camp is organizing a slow judicial coup, street protests are only Dog and Pony shows.

I just had a good laugh...

If you don't vote, you cannot stand as a candidate in the next election.

Suthep's goal - remove shinawatra family from politics.

Suthep's actions - prevent voting in the south.

Suthep's result - his 2 brothers (former democrat mps) cannot stand as candidates in the next election. Thaugsuban family removed from politics.

Priceless!!!!

Yes, now join it, until this election will be nullified by court....cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

This Taksin supporters are all so smart, Maxwell smart...cheesy.gif

Whilst I supported Sutheps goals to begin with, he is now becoming an embarrassment for all who followed him..

It has become obvious (though not to him) that continued protests are not really achieving that much, as the government has the combined intellect of a 3yr old.

If he just stood aside and let the people of the country vote, he might be surprised at the results ??

No, I think that Suthep knows Yingluck is a certainty to win, and when she does, I hope that madman gets jailed before he skips the country.

" He said that advance voting was held without any incidents in more than 80 per cent of the polling stations. He expected a similar situation, largely without violence, this Sunday when eligible voters go to the polls at 93,535 voting stations in all 77 provinces. "

This official statement from the police is remarkable. 45 of 50 polling districts in Bangkok were closed during advance voting, along with eleven Southern provinces. How can eligible voters in all 77 provinces vote when 8 do not have any candidates ? 250,000 police deployment for the country sounds like a lot, but that comes to an average of less than 3 police per polling station in the country. As the weight of those numbers is clearly intended for Bangkok and the South, however, those numbers will still be woefully insufficient to the task. This was never a question as to how many people would be deployed. It was always a question of what they would do once there. And it is becoming clear that there is going to be a lot of violence, as the objectives of the protesters and the objectives of the police are so clearly out of sync with each other. This may be the tipping point many feared, because the question was - if the police came out very forceful, and deployed weapons - what would the army do ? The answer will be apparent quite soon.

Explain in what circumstances the police would open fire on the protesters.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

And this man has the Gaul to include the word DEMOCRACY in his party yet is now prepared to prevent THE RIGHT TO VOTE for the people of Thailand this Sunday. I hope that once the new government is elected and we all know the outcome already that they have the courage to place this guy under arrest for the damage he has caused to the good folk of Thailand. I would love to see him exported for a couple of weeks to North Korea or to the salt mines of Russia Goodbye and Good riddance Suthep !!!

What???? Only a couple of weeks?

" He said that advance voting was held without any incidents in more than 80 per cent of the polling stations. He expected a similar situation, largely without violence, this Sunday when eligible voters go to the polls at 93,535 voting stations in all 77 provinces. "

This official statement from the police is remarkable. 45 of 50 polling districts in Bangkok were closed during advance voting, along with eleven Southern provinces. How can eligible voters in all 77 provinces vote when 8 do not have any candidates ? 250,000 police deployment for the country sounds like a lot, but that comes to an average of less than 3 police per polling station in the country. As the weight of those numbers is clearly intended for Bangkok and the South, however, those numbers will still be woefully insufficient to the task. This was never a question as to how many people would be deployed. It was always a question of what they would do once there. And it is becoming clear that there is going to be a lot of violence, as the objectives of the protesters and the objectives of the police are so clearly out of sync with each other. This may be the tipping point many feared, because the question was - if the police came out very forceful, and deployed weapons - what would the army do ? The answer will be apparent quite soon.

Explain in what circumstances the police would open fire on the protesters.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

They already did. Rooftop of labor ministry. It was unwarranted and sickening. Pls try and keep up with developments.

And this man has the Gaul to include the word DEMOCRACY in his party yet is now prepared to prevent THE RIGHT TO VOTE for the people of Thailand this Sunday. I hope that once the new government is elected and we all know the outcome already that they have the courage to place this guy under arrest for the damage he has caused to the good folk of Thailand. I would love to see him exported for a couple of weeks to North Korea or to the salt mines of Russia Goodbye and Good riddance Suthep !!!

Jesus, Dont some of the posters Read, After the Election a Government cannot be formed as there aren,t enough Ministers . Shortly after this the caretaker government will be Kicked out of Parliment for trying to Usurp the Constitution. Any vote is just a sham, to show the people that yes, we won the Election but can,t sit as most of us are Criminals. United Dupes of Democracy sounds more like it

Ok. If this is the case why stop the people from voting? If it is a sham all the better for Suthep, I would think. Go figure!

For sure its better for the antishins, I would think better for the country, as Thaksin is after the Court,s. A Government cannot be formed with less than 95% of Reps. Then on top of that is the attempt to Usurp the Senate. Go Figure.

Suthep's result - his 2 brothers (former democrat mps) cannot stand as candidates in the next election. Thaugsuban family removed from politics.

Priceless!!!!

That's a GREAT observation!

It is quite funny, but I bet there will be a fix to get around it in the case of the Thaugsuban family and other "good people".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Democracy, doesn,t work. Is it a Democracy when voters are disenfranchised ,like the Florida voters, in GW Bushes 2nd Term Election. Is it a Democracy when the vote is paid for by the Winner, or Corporate Sleeze Bags. No. Democracy is an unobtainable Goal. In CM the Opposition can,t raise their voices, lest they be attacked by the so called believers in Democracy. Let the people vote and give Amnesty to all the Crooks, I for one dont call that Democracy, I call that being sucked in.

You spend too much time watching cable news. Please enlighten us to what this really great alternative to democracy is.

• Like 1

They are not the only ones rallying. They are the only ones the media like to push though

BfMqDoACcAEsuZR.jpg

Now I know you're being paid to post al this rubbish!!

Nobody is that stupid surely??

You prove yourself to be wrong!

Priceless!!!!

That's a GREAT observation!

It is quite funny, but I bet there will be a fix to get around it in the case of the Thaugsuban family and other "good people".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, somehow I'm thinking a few ballots mysteriously made it through and the "good people" will vote anyway - or have been recorded that they voted.

If Suthep comes to power, he might well change the name of the country to something like The Peoples Democratic Republic of Thailand to emphasize how democratic it is despite having a dictator in charge. Of course for Public Safety untill all opposition is re-educated a la Cambodian-style, elections will not be held for years and the Constitution will simply be ignored; no need to amend anything.

millwall_ fan post #76.

Complete city shutdown' Wasnt that what he promised back in November? and again in December? and again on 13th January? Has he cried wolf too often?

You must admit though it is indeed a far more civilised action than the one mooted by the Red Shirts leadership in 201 ''To Burn The City Down.''whistling.gif

My preference as no doubt many others preference would be too, would be for a short shutdown as opposed to a raging inferno shut down which with the resultant damage would indeed shut the city down for some considerable time as opposed to a one day shutdown.

Same shit different day, your vitriolic anti Suthep rhetoric is boring the crap out of me you all sound like very broken records....Yet I am still waiting for a viable argument as to why PT are good for this country, what have they ever done that is really good for the country in the last 2.5 years ? Nothing that I can see, so tell me, why are you so very pro PT apart from they are ruining the country by paying far more for your Thai family's rice paddy than it is really worth ? Is there any other reason or is this purely about greed ?

Same shit different day, your vitriolic anti Suthep rhetoric is boring the crap out of me you all sound like very broken records....Yet I am still waiting for a viable argument as to why PT are good for this country, what have they ever done that is really good for the country in the last 2.5 years ? Nothing that I can see, so tell me, why are you so very pro PT apart from they are ruining the country by paying far more for your Thai family's rice paddy than it is really worth ? Is there any other reason or is this purely about greed ?

Come on let's throw a basket in the middle. You and I have a nice meal. then settle and we will throw the ills of Suthep and Yingluk in the basket. Who is more corrupt and who has been charged more times?

BUT But BuT bullshite. stick to the facts and don't come in with the but <deleted>. Yingluk V Suthep

He also called on eligible voters to join the PDRC at its protest sites across the capital instead. "Don't regret losing out on your rights [from not voting]," he said.

He also called not only eligible voters but also foreigners to join the protest so to that their number will become bigger.

In that case, people who don't join and the government will see them getting stronger

"The Army has sent its soldiers to help maintain peace and security for both officials and protesters."

What about protection to voters from the protestors.

The Thai army is a creature of Thai "officials" and designated protesters masquerading as a democratic protest. protecting average ordinary Thai people is not their normal charter. Just look at the number of deaths and injuries in the Thai south, and you can see the Thai army's diligence, willingness, and competence in protecting ordinary Thai people or voters.

Surely it's the job of the police not the army? The army is there to protect the country from outside attacks etc, not to protect idiots who willingly put themselves in harms way by denying their neighbours and fellow countrymen the right to vote

The army is to protect the country from both foreign and domestic enemies

No it's not

The army is to protect the country from both foreign and domestic enemies

No it's not

Guess the role changed since I served

God this quote and multi quote thing on here is so bloody hard to use, quotes get tangled up and misplaced and people get suspended. Come on Thai Visa make it more simple and user friendly

Edited by chooka

millwall_ fan post #76.

Complete city shutdown' Wasnt that what he promised back in November? and again in December? and again on 13th January? Has he cried wolf too often?

You must admit though it is indeed a far more civilised action than the one mooted by the Red Shirts leadership in 201 ''To Burn The City Down.''whistling.gif

My preference as no doubt many others preference would be too, would be for a short shutdown as opposed to a raging inferno shut down which with the resultant damage would indeed shut the city down for some considerable time as opposed to a one day shutdown.

It's like a broken record.

Do you have anything else to say ??

Even the Thai people have moved on from this incessant rehashing of 2010.

'Complete city shutdown' Wasnt that what he promised back in November? and again in December? and again on 13th January? Has he cried wolf too often?

Even if he succeeds which I sincerely doubt, Bangkok has not been shutdown once.

The North are all going to vote, I put money on for who also.

Not sure what the end result will be due to amount of votes etc (whether election validated) but PT will get the most votes by a long way!

millwall_ fan post #76.

It's like a broken record.

Do you have anything else to say ??

Even the Thai people have moved on from this incessant rehashing of 2010.

If it is a broken record then it will play repeatedly. Just like a song that almost near its end then suddenly jump and back to where it is damaged.