do you count balance money return at 7-11

mayuri

do you count balance money return at 7-11, i don't, i just take my balance and keep in my purse and move out,

today i just checked and 7-11 salesguy gave me 7 baht less, when i showed him its less money, he took out 7 more and return my balance
i never counted my balance from any vendor in bangkok, wanted to share a small experince, though its just 7 baht

Edited by mayuri

I do now, after noticing a hundred bath missing from a 1000b note, really a lot of the staff are nice, friendly and smiling honest people that you get to know your local 7-11 girls but I do watch out for the new staff, as the opposite has happened to my girlfriend several times when they failed to charge her for 2 beers etc.

But we are human... mistakes do happen, you can watch them count your change and you can count it in your head as there counting.

Love the 7-11 staff always get a smile from them biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Edited by lmfao

As I use 7-11 many times, I found that sometimes I was short changed and sometimes I was given more change than I should.

I always count the change and either ask for the proper amount to be given or give the excess back.

As said before they are only human but I also find 7-11 staff pleasant and obliging.

Edited by Costas2008
  • Like 1

As I use 7-11 many times, I found that sometimes I was short changed and sometimes I was given more change than I should.

I always count the change and either ask for the proper amount to be given or give the excess back.

As said before they are only human but I also find 7-11 staff pleasant and obliging.

Similar experiences. I rarely check the coins, but do a quick check on the bills returned. Usually the amount is what was expected, but it has occasionally been too much. Can't recall getting short-changed.

Not sure how closely they tally up the cash on hand compared to the cash register records, but I assume the clerks could take a hit if there is a shortage. One Family Mart nearby has on a couple of occasions had the electricity go off and the clerks used a hand-held calculator and wrote down the transactions. Coming up with a record of what took place on days like that must be a stab in the dark.

I never know what to do with the coins anyway. Just got a big draw I shove it all in. Apart from the 10 baht ones which are good for laundry machines.

Also, I would never complain anyway, because the 7/11 girls in my local are too cute.

I pay a bill every month at 7/11, it's exactly 3000 baht and there is a 15 baht service charge. The last time that I paid it I gave the girl 3020baht, expecting 5 baht change. The girl gave me 185baht change. When I told her that it was wrong and showed her that she had entered 3200 baht as the amount tendered, not 3020 baht she wanted to argue that she was right. Finally the manager came over and after showing him what was wrong he took back the 180 baht with a big smile. I got the feeling that the girl would have rather coughed up the 180 out of her salary at the end of the day rather than admitting that she was wrong and "lose face"! Next time I'll just pocket it, she won't lose face, only money!

I pay a bill every month at 7/11, it's exactly 3000 baht and there is a 15 baht service charge. The last time that I paid it I gave the girl 3020baht, expecting 5 baht change. The girl gave me 185baht change. When I told her that it was wrong and showed her that she had entered 3200 baht as the amount tendered, not 3020 baht she wanted to argue that she was right. Finally the manager came over and after showing him what was wrong he took back the 180 baht with a big smile. I got the feeling that the girl would have rather coughed up the 180 out of her salary at the end of the day rather than admitting that she was wrong and "lose face"! Next time I'll just pocket it, she won't lose face, only money!

I have a feeling that, in this case, she has now lost more than the 180 baht; she probably lost her job.

In my youth, working retail, I would never place money tendered in the till before the customer accepted the change and walked away.

Once a customer walks away, and / or the money is in the till, there is little room for argument. It's one person's word against another's.

Personally, I have never accepted change, without counting it, before stepping away from the counter, at 7/11, or anywhere else.