Non-immigrant "o" ?'s

Hi,

I lurk on this forum a lot, but haven't found the information I need.

Here goes; I moved here to LOS from US last year. I got my Non-Immigrant Type O multiple re-entry visa at an honorary Thai Consulate in the US w/out any documentation, no nothing, just a photo and 100US.

That visa is due to expire end of June. I know I can get 3 more months by 'running for the border' just before it expires. I called Sunbelt Asia, and they were less than helpful, gave me conflicting information on different occasions, and basically said getting another non-imm-O visa here in Asia was out. They offered; Perth, New Delhi or one other place as viable options.

I am too young to apply for a retirement visa (47), As far as current documentation I have; letters from my embassy saying I live here & have an income from the US. I have a Thai Driver's License, BUT am not supporting a thai national (at this moment, subject to change w/out notice, lol).

Any idea how I might get another non-imm-O w/out flying back to the US where the honorary consulate will stamp another year into my passport for 100US?

On another note, I am undergoing treatment for my spine at Bumrungrad, I noticed they had a Visa Service Center. Does anyone know if its possible to get my non-imm-O extended for medical reasons for a year? I don't go back to the hospital until late next week. In calling/speaking to them; they were less than helpful. Then again, mai-cow-jai-thai, soo it could be me being less than helpful and acting typically american, (talk too strong, make strong sound, give eye contact, etc, lol).

Any info would be appreciated, as I'm trying NOT to go back to the US unless it's the only (read easiest) way to get another years non-imm-O visa.

Sorry this is long, hope it made sense,

take care na,

tod in Krung Thep

If you can afford the 3 million baht investment extension of stay that would be an option. Otherwise believe you will need to plan on a long distance visa run. Medical would most likely only involve short extensions of stay at best.

Hi,

I lurk on this forum a lot, but haven't found the information I need.

Here goes; I moved here to LOS from US last year. I got my Non-Immigrant Type O multiple re-entry visa at an honorary Thai Consulate in the US w/out any documentation, no nothing, just a photo and 100US.

That visa is due to expire end of June. I know I can get 3 more months by 'running for the border' just before it expires. I called Sunbelt Asia, and they were less than helpful, gave me conflicting information on different occasions, and basically said getting another non-imm-O visa here in Asia was out. They offered; Perth, New Delhi or one other place as viable options.

I am too young to apply for a retirement visa (47), As far as current documentation I have; letters from my embassy saying I live here & have an income from the US. I have a Thai Driver's License, BUT am not supporting a thai national (at this moment, subject to change w/out notice, lol).

Any idea how I might get another non-imm-O w/out flying back to the US where the honorary consulate will stamp another year into my passport for 100US?

On another note, I am undergoing treatment for my spine at Bumrungrad, I noticed they had a Visa Service Center. Does anyone know if its possible to get my non-imm-O extended for medical reasons for a year? I don't go back to the hospital until late next week. In calling/speaking to them; they were less than helpful. Then again, mai-cow-jai-thai, soo it could be me being less than helpful and acting typically american, (talk too strong, make strong sound, give eye contact, etc, lol).

Any info would be appreciated, as I'm trying NOT to go back to the US unless it's the only (read easiest) way to get another years non-imm-O visa.

Sorry this is long, hope it made sense,

take care na,

tod in Krung Thep

Can't see solutions here. I'm also 47 but Swiss. I get disability pension since years from Switzerland - about 60k per month. I tried out to became an extension at Immigration Main-office „Soi Suan Phlu“, Bangkok with an NON-Immigrant (multiple) about sickness - no, you can't!

You have to have 3 million or you have to have married or you wait till you are 50 up with all the financial requirements you need. Workpermit for you when you speak about sickness?

:o Every year I was made a trip to Zurich even though I live here in Thailand as an emigrated Swiss. Till last year they said to me in Zurich Thai consulate, we can no more give Non-immigrant (multiple) Visas when people are not over 50 years - new order from government. They got me a triple tourist visa and an other friend of me in the same situation also.

So I speak only from Bangkok and Zurich and that you can't never be sure what you became.