Thailand's DSI chief says five key PDRC leaders are foreigners

webfact

DSI chief says five key PDRC leaders are foreigners

DSI-Converted1-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) says five foreigners are among the leaders of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (DPRC) now protesting the caretaker government and February 2 election.

The DSI chief Tarrit Pengdit, however, did not elaborate the nationals of the five foreigners he claimed are among the PDRC leaders but said he would like the PDRC for clarification.

He also said that the DSI is now gathering more evidence to submit to the Criminal Court in its renewed attempt to seek arrest warrant for the arrest of 16 PDRC leaders on insurrection charge after the first attempt was rejected.

The Criminal Court yesterday rejected the DSI’s request for warrant arrest citing reason of weak evidence and no other witness except the DSI chief, to support the charge against all the 16 protesters.

Meanwhile the Civil Court will today at 11.00 a.m. hand down a judgment on a petition by a PDRC leader Thaworn Senniem, a former Songkhla MP of the Democrat party, seeking its order to revoke the declaration of state of emergency by the caretaker prime minister with reason that the declaration is illegitimate as there is no state of emergency in the country.

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-30

• Like 1

Meanwhile the Civil Court will today at 11.00 a.m. hand down a judgment on a petition by a PDRC leader Thaworn Senniem, a former Songkhla MP of the Democrat party, seeking its order to revoke the declaration of state of emergency by the caretaker prime minister with reason that the declaration is illegitimate as there is no state of emergency in the country.

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-01-30[/quote

It doesnt matter if they find the SOE was illegitimate. The PTP and YL have never conceded to this courts decisions when it opposed their actions

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

The Criminal Court yesterday rejected the DSI’s request for warrant arrest citing reason of weak evidence and no other witness except the DSI chief, to support the charge against all the 16 protesters.

Oy vey! facepalm.gif

So he pads his way to the court,

-Tarit: "Your honor, your honor!. This bad men are mounting an insurrection!"

-The judge: "Have proof?"

-"ehmmm... 'cause Thak... (buzzing sound from his collar), eeek! no, 'cause I, me! say so your honor"

-Judge: rolleyes.gifcoffee1.gif Next!

-Tarit talking to his collar: "I'm sorry master, I'm soBZZZZZZ!!! yelp!"

• Like 2

Have some important info for Tarrit.

Even the leader from this country is a foreigner, he has a Montenegro passport.

We can also add to that the fact that Thaksin should never have even been allowed to stand for political office in the first place, as he is only second-generation Chinese-Thai.

At the time of his appointment (as possibly still so, unless the rules have since been changed), one would have had to have been at least third-generation to hold political office.

Ya, AV still has his British passport and that also make him a British subject.

Send from my Mobile

Unless he surrendered his Thai citizenship, then his primary nationality is Thai - which makes his a Thai Subject with dual British nationality. His Thai citizenship takes precedence - if he was involved in a crime in Thailand, or an accident, the British Embassy would not intervene in any way as his Thai citizenship would take precedence. Same with Thaksin, even when his passport was cancelled (before it was reissued to him) he was primarily a Thai citizen and remains so.

Ya, AV still has his British passport and that also make him a British subject.

Send from my Mobile

Abhisit claims he doesn't and has never had a British passport, as does Korn. While I think it unlikely they never had them, given their long years of study there they would have been foolish not to apply, they are British citizens whether or not they have passports, until they have formally renounced citizenship, paid a chunky fee, and it has been approved by the Home Secretary. British citizens who don't want to apply for passports can also claim right of abode in the UK and (for another fat fee) obtain a certificate of entitlement in their foreign passports. This will also entitle them to visa free travel some other countries, including Gibraltar, and easier visas to others. I can believe that AV hasn't had a British passport since he became party leader but he may well have a CoE nestling in his Thai passport and can apply for a British passport at any time. His daughters are also British by descent. Thaksin's son was born American but apparently renounced US citizenship about the time his father transferred SHIN shares to him which would have caused complications due to the US policy of global taxation.