Pheu Thai seeks clearer explanation from Army

webfact

Yes, for defamation but he is free on bail!!! (for now)!

Do you know what the defamation case was about? it was about the dems allegedly lobbying the Constitutional Court over their dissolution case wrt the TPI Polene alleged illegal financing of 258 Million baht, allegedly caught on film but still denied.

Prompong had the temerity to call it a case of double standards and put the videos on you tube. This prompted abhisit to deny they had tried to influence the court saying that the party didn't need to as it was a "pillar for the country" - the Constitution Court, that is, not the democrat party, obviously.

The democrat MP allegedly shown in the video talking to Pasit a secretary of the President of the Constitutional Court was allegedly Wiruch Romyen,

http://www.phuketgazette.net/digitalgazette3/Content/October23-10.pdf?thequerytype=&id=76259&Cat=34

Obviously unrelated to these alleged events, Pasit was sacked shortly thereafter for damaging the courts "reputation" and on November 23rd Wiruch Romyen withdrew himself from the Democrat Party defence team fighting the dissolution cases.

Still, got to keep to the spirit of the Law eh, thumbsup.gif

Was this another "politically motivated" conviction then? Therefore it can be ignored? Or at some point, do those in power (on both sides), actually need to start following the law and submit to their rightful punishments?

One could argue that allegedly the various courts need to sort their act out before any kind of reform could usefully take place but that's not for me to say.

Well, nice ducking of the questions . . . but putting aside reforms for the moment . . . was he convicted or not by a democratically and legally empowered Court of Thailand? And if so, why isn't he in jail now?

It's a couple of simple questions, can't be that hard to answer in a straightforward direct manner.

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or he might think, the Army chief will tell him on Sunday, that he coming "out off the closet" confessing he's a cross dresser in the weekend???

What a joke, and why is the DSI not asking an arrest warrant for Robert Amsterdam, Thaksin's lawyer, or is he not a foreign leader of a protest group??

• Like 2

"The outstanding spokesman Prompong Nopparit ......."

Well he's a nice looking boy, granted, but outstanding, hardly.

Indeed. And shouldn't he be in jail already rather than fronting for Pheu Thai?

and for embezzlement of civil funding too - see case Sept 2010

"Army has said that in case of violent acts, the Army might come out to handle the situation"

Prompong Nopparit's ears would have pricked up when he heard the word "violence". Any terrorist leader worth their salt would be jumping all over this. This man with a charge sheet nearly as long as his close aide and boss, Thaksin, will certainly be asking what the army means?

Unfortunately the acts of violence that have been perpetrated and will no doubt continue on Sunday will be that of the UDD terrorist wing of the PTP that have no qualms with violence in achieve their ends. This is the violence the Army is talking about. This is the violence that Nopparit is talking about to. He wants to ensure that when the red shirts strike that the army will be on the police and red shirts side in attacking protestors. Last thing he wants is the army protecting the protestors from the cancerous violence the UDD supporters and the police are itching to dish out.

UDD principle #3 - To promote non-violence as our modus operandi for all activities.

It should read - To promote non-violence as our modus operandi for all activities unless you disagree with us at which time we will smite you from the earth with a vengeance never before witnessed.

It wasn't the UDD that moved the march of the protestors past the building on the Friday bomb. It was PDRC that did that.

It was PDRC that claimed to find a bunch of evidence including the hand grenade pin.

It was PDRC that swapped the red 'walls icecream' cap for a more plausible army one. Showing the fakeness of the evidence they found.

Video shows one of their guys moving away from the bomb point to behind a column at the correct spot in the road to find the room with the evidence.

1389963915-1389962487-o.jpg

So no, he's not suggesting the UDD will do anything, he's suggesting the army is looking for an excuse to come out and help Suthep protect his protestors from angry voters.

Stop drinking red skirt Lao Kao and get an education, my 101 year old grandfather told, for some it is never too late to learn, you might be lucky…..

He does have a point to think about Tony, all one needs to do is look at the numerous articles, pictures and statements. And I agree, it is never to late to learn...

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"Army has said that in case of violent acts, the Army might come out to handle the situation"

Prompong Nopparit's ears would have pricked up when he heard the word "violence". Any terrorist leader worth their salt would be jumping all over this. This man with a charge sheet nearly as long as his close aide and boss, Thaksin, will certainly be asking what the army means?

Unfortunately the acts of violence that have been perpetrated and will no doubt continue on Sunday will be that of the UDD terrorist wing of the PTP that have no qualms with violence in achieving their ends. The UDD violence is what the Army is referring to. The general aint no gullible dummy that needs his feeling protected as requested by Yingluck. This is the violence that Nopparit is talking about to. He wants to ensure that when the red shirts strike that the army will be on the police and red shirts side in attacking protestors in the name of 1 principle of democracy. Last thing he wants is the army protecting the protestors from the cancerous violence the UDD supporters and the police are itching to dish out.

UDD principle #3 - To promote non-violence as our modus operandi for all activities.

It should read - To promote non-violence as our modus operandi for all activities unless you disagree with us at which time we will smite you from the earth with a vengeance never before witnessed.

If they can't even stand behind their own principles how can you trust them to stand behind the principles of democracy!

What a joke.

Please elaborate on this allegation

"This man with a charge sheet nearly as long as his close aide and boss, Thaksin".

and the

"acts of violence that have been perpetrated and will no doubt continue on Sunday will be that of the UDD terrorist wing of the PTP"

You wouldn't be making things up for effect would you?

A PTP famous trait is to report something and then expect the opposition to find proof that it isn't true.

Example - Thaksin stating that "APP" from the NACC tried to bribe him. Thaksin said it, now it's up to you, the opposition, to prove it wrong otherwise Thaksin is correct.

Example - Supa stating corruption is rife in the rice scheme. Supa said it, now it's up to you, the opposition, to prove it's true as per Yingluck's reply to Supa.

So I will follow that dearly held trait of the party I despise when saying…."Prove I am wrong!"

Hint - The evidence is in a website staring with the letter "B"

• Like 1

And Abi is out on bail for murder.. There are no end to the allegations yet alone enforcing the rule of law.

And Abi is out on bail for murder.. There are no end to the allegations yet alone enforcing the rule of law.

Yup, but you missed a clear point, Abhisit and Suthep are "out on bail" and not yet convicted of anything, an allegation alone at the moment . . . unlike those (residing here and abroad) in PT who have been refused bail, have been convicted and should be in jail right now.

• Like 1

The PM is the DM for heaven's sake! Can't she just ask them herself?

Didn't the caretaking PM and MoD and Pheu Thai party list candidate #1 ask the army for help with the elections a while ago? As in 'asked herself'?

So why doesn't the Pheu Thai spokesperson ask her ?

Unfortunately the acts of violence that have been perpetrated and will no doubt continue on Sunday will be that of the UDD terrorist wing of the PTP that have no qualms with violence in achieve their ends. This is the violence the Army is talking about. This is the violence that Nopparit is talking about to. He wants to ensure that when the red shirts strike that the army will be on the police and red shirts side in attacking protestors. Last thing he wants is the army protecting the protestors from the cancerous violence the UDD supporters and the police are itching to dish out.

It wasn't the UDD that moved the march of the protestors past the building on the Friday bomb. It was PDRC that did that.

It was PDRC that claimed to find a bunch of evidence including the hand grenade pin.

It was PDRC that swapped the red 'walls icecream' cap for a more plausible army one. Showing the fakeness of the evidence they found.

Video shows one of their guys moving away from the bomb point to behind a column at the correct spot in the road to find the room with the evidence.

So no, he's not suggesting the UDD will do anything, he's suggesting the army is looking for an excuse to come out and help Suthep protect his protestors from angry voters.

Stop drinking red skirt Lao Kao and get an education, my 101 year old grandfather told, for some it is never too late to learn, you might be lucky…..

Thanks Tonekke. I don't usually reply when it starts off with the PTP catch phrase!

"It wasn't the UDD" It was the "PDRC"

It wasn't the PTP. It was the DEMS.

It wasn't Red Shirts it was Dems in disguise.

It is not Red Shirts it is PDRC in disguise.

UDD are not intimidating the famers to stop protesting. It is journalist propaganda.

The rice scheme is not a PTP failure. It is the EC's fault.

Thanks Tonekke. I don't usually reply when it starts off with the PTP catch phrase!

UDD are not intimidating the famers to stop protesting. It is journalist propaganda.

As long as the police do their job, why would YL's people be concerned?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I think that's the problem. The police aren't doing their job (never really do). The article is clearly wrong when saying this would be unacceptable by "all the people". Many love the army. They were there during the floods with the police nowhere to be found.

What exactly did you expect the police to do? Did they have the all terrain vehicles, and heavy trucks during the floods? Did they have a corps of engineers? The police are typically from the community and were hit as hard as the general population with their homes and families victims of the floods. The two comments above illustrate the hysterical bias of many foreigners that sees a suspension of common sense. The police service is characterized by a lack of resources and a funding for those resources. It is pie in the sky to expect poorly trained and poorly equipped personnel to undertake activities that are beyond its means. Keep in mind that the military makes sure it gets the lion's share of public security funding. Aside from it keeping their group funded and in clover, it keeps the police from ever being able to present itself as a viable public security entity.

Well, nice ducking of the questions . . . but putting aside reforms for the moment . . . was he convicted or not by a democratically and legally empowered Court of Thailand? And if so, why isn't he in jail now?

It's a couple of simple questions, can't be that hard to answer in a straightforward direct manner.

If you are raising the issue of the Constitutional Court are you aware that of the 9 appointees, 8 were appointed by the junta/Democrats? I don't know where you get the term "democratic" as there wasn't any transparency in their appointment. Don't you find it odd that 4 of the 9 "judges" are not actually real judges? I believe it is a fair assessment to say that the system was rejigged to ensure that the military junta's version of the constitution would not amended and that any group trying to do so would face multiple obstacles.

What explanation do you need? Protestors are getting shot at, bombed and now fired up with grenade launchers. Protestors are dying. Since the police are incapable of doing their jobs, the Army will do it for them.

That is so funny. You missed the analysis this week so I'll recap.

Police better trained, organised staffed than army who are conscipt based with many dodging draft. Police stay in force longer, are more loyal to their commanders (know some of you won't like that! :) ) and their accumulation of training and day to day experience means they opperate way beyond the level of the army and their 2 years forced entry conscripts. Many believe that the Police with some army backing from the North could fight off a coup!!!

This means, the Army is more of a shambles than the Police. It is just not as obvious as the Army just run busnieess and dont operate in anyway that people can observe. When they hit the streets, you will see , they are just as inept from top to bottom.

Pattani = war zone and worsening. Prayuth would be better to give Suthep the finger or word, and stay down there.

Cambodia spat at temple say soldiers lost behind enemy lines and let the PAD leaders get arrested and jailed in Phnom Penn and shot some of their own in friendly fire. They are clueless, forget how good then look standing in lines and strutting about on TV

Army cannot control Pattani and have presided over 9 deaths and 7 days of bombings in the last week! Every week is the same. THE ARMY CANNOT DO THIS!! Now give it up.

2010 they worried they did not have enough regiments of loyal soldiers to re-take Lumpini park from 5,000 reds. A lot of the reds had vacated after Abhisit said he would hold elections).

There are not enough loyal divisions to enforce Coup in Bangkok let alone Isaan and the North.

The Airforce have split ranks and the Army say middle ranking officers in North may not accept orders they don't like.

The army are just posturing and are a spent force here in politics. They side with the Elites, but not to the extent they want to commit politica suicide on the worlds stage.

What they need to do, is get suthep and his last few hundred muppets off the street before a war breaks out. A war the army cannot win.

I think that's the problem. The police aren't doing their job (never really do). The article is clearly wrong when saying this would be unacceptable by "all the people". Many love the army. They were there during the floods with the police nowhere to be found.

What exactly did you expect the police to do? Did they have the all terrain vehicles, and heavy trucks during the floods? Did they have a corps of engineers? The police are typically from the community and were hit as hard as the general population with their homes and families victims of the floods. The two comments above illustrate the hysterical bias of many foreigners that sees a suspension of common sense. The police service is characterized by a lack of resources and a funding for those resources. It is pie in the sky to expect poorly trained and poorly equipped personnel to undertake activities that are beyond its means. Keep in mind that the military makes sure it gets the lion's share of public security funding. Aside from it keeping their group funded and in clover, it keeps the police from ever being able to present itself as a viable public security entity.

The topic is about the elections. My comments related to crowd control and the elections. What do ATV's have to do with the elections?

If PDRC controlled this forum:

They could click the like button and vote up their favorite comment. But you wouldn't be allowed to click the like button for yours.
Your clicks of like buttons would not be registered.
If you did click the like button, your vote would be annulled by the EC.
The courts would rule you like click illegal.
The EC, would accept your like button click, but only in 4 months, or 5 or 6 or maybe never.
The Democrat comment has fewer 'likes' but ends up being more popular somehow by magic.
A censorship law is introduced, nobody can know which posts have more likes because it causes disharmony.
Just in case the likes cause anger, the army moves in and kills a bunch of people to 'prevent violence' without a hint or irony.

So yeh, perhaps we should get clarification on what exactly the Army mean by 'preventing violence'!

Will they have live rounds or even weapons? What orders have the soldiers been given, what are there terms of engagement, who wrote those and so on!

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

The army is making opaque cloudy statements that can be easily misinterpreted. He is right to seek clarification and definition of role of army. The army won't clarify for him, that would mean taking responsibility for actions and having clear goals, aims, and strategy. The Thai army doesn't do those things.

But as we all know, it was was a one-year (non-suspended) custodial sentence. How the f*** is he allowed to continue to front for the PTP?

If PDRC controlled this forum:

They could click the like button and vote up their favorite comment. But you wouldn't be allowed to click the like button for yours.

Your clicks of like buttons would not be registered.

If you did click the like button, your vote would be annulled by the EC.

The courts would rule you like click illegal.

The EC, would accept your like button click, but only in 4 months, or 5 or 6 or maybe never.

The Democrat comment has fewer 'likes' but ends up being more popular somehow by magic.

A censorship law is introduced, nobody can know which posts have more likes because it causes disharmony.

Just in case the likes cause anger, the army moves in and kills a bunch of people to 'prevent violence' without a hint or irony.

So yeh, perhaps we should get clarification on what exactly the Army mean by 'preventing violence'!

Will they have live rounds or even weapons? What orders have the soldiers been given, what are there terms of engagement, who wrote those and so on!

whereas, if Thaksin controlled this forum .... bbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...... sorry, this site has been blocked by MCOT...!!

• Like 1

Sentenced to prison by the same judges now involved in ousting the elected government. For criticising the work of other judges. It doesn't get more Kafkaesque than that.

What nonsense. The previous government dissolved parliament not the judges. Now, whilst in caretaker mode, they are being probed for an array of corruption issues.

Do do the crime if you can't do the time. Or leg it away of course.

• Like 1

What explanation do you need? Protestors are getting shot at, bombed and now fired up with grenade launchers. Protestors are dying. Since the police are incapable of doing their jobs, the Army will do it for them.

That is so funny. You missed the analysis this week so I'll recap.

Police better trained, organised staffed than army who are conscipt based with many dodging draft. Police stay in force longer, are more loyal to their commanders (know some of you won't like that! smile.png ) and their accumulation of training and day to day experience means they opperate way beyond the level of the army and their 2 years forced entry conscripts. Many believe that the Police with some army backing from the North could fight off a coup!!!

This means, the Army is more of a shambles than the Police. It is just not as obvious as the Army just run busnieess and dont operate in anyway that people can observe. When they hit the streets, you will see , they are just as inept from top to bottom.

Pattani = war zone and worsening. Prayuth would be better to give Suthep the finger or word, and stay down there.

Cambodia spat at temple say soldiers lost behind enemy lines and let the PAD leaders get arrested and jailed in Phnom Penn and shot some of their own in friendly fire. They are clueless, forget how good then look standing in lines and strutting about on TV

Army cannot control Pattani and have presided over 9 deaths and 7 days of bombings in the last week! Every week is the same. THE ARMY CANNOT DO THIS!! Now give it up.

2010 they worried they did not have enough regiments of loyal soldiers to re-take Lumpini park from 5,000 reds. A lot of the reds had vacated after Abhisit said he would hold elections).

There are not enough loyal divisions to enforce Coup in Bangkok let alone Isaan and the North.

The Airforce have split ranks and the Army say middle ranking officers in North may not accept orders they don't like.

The army are just posturing and are a spent force here in politics. They side with the Elites, but not to the extent they want to commit politica suicide on the worlds stage.

What they need to do, is get suthep and his last few hundred muppets off the street before a war breaks out. A war the army cannot win.

Pipkins, you really are spouting absolute <deleted>. I would love for you to invite me to that cloud that you are living on so I can see where your imaginative scripts come from.

There isn't a police force in the whole world that can stand to up to the military might of its country, ANY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, and I speak from a position of knowledge, having served for 22 years in one of the most respected military forces of all, the British Army.

If push comes to shove, you will see an advancing Thai Army, and a rapidly retreating police force. The police have no compunction to put their lives on the line, why should they, they are paid a pittance, and they have very little, if any, relevant training, which is why they are so conspicuous in their absence at this period in time, when they are actually needed the most.

Be careful what you wish for, because if it does come to the Army coming out on the streets, your beloved YL and her spineless cronies will all be comfortably seated in their first-class flights to Dubai, while their unsuspecting sheep will be fighting their lost cause on their behalf.

• Like 1

Yes Fab 4

Your signature spouts "Will someone explain to me how 200,000 people and one madman can distort democracy and ride roughshod over the votes of 30 million voters?"

By not condoning vote buying, threats and intimidation.

Better watch me hubcaps at a red light!!

Taa raa chuck!!

Sorry I should change it. How many supporters are there left now?

Do you know what the defamation case was about? it was about the dems allegedly lobbying the Constitutional Court over their dissolution case wrt the TPI Polene alleged illegal financing of 258 Million baht, allegedly caught on film but still denied.

Prompong had the temerity to call it a case of double standards and put the videos on you tube. This prompted abhisit to deny they had tried to influence the court saying that the party didn't need to as it was a "pillar for the country" - the Constitution Court, that is, not the democrat party, obviously.

The democrat MP allegedly shown in the video talking to Pasit a secretary of the President of the Constitutional Court was allegedly Wiruch Romyen,

http://www.phuketgazette.net/digitalgazette3/Content/October23-10.pdf?thequerytype=&id=76259&Cat=34

Obviously unrelated to these alleged events, Pasit was sacked shortly thereafter for damaging the courts "reputation" and on November 23rd Wiruch Romyen withdrew himself from the Democrat Party defence team fighting the dissolution cases.

Was this another "politically motivated" conviction then? Therefore it can be ignored? Or at some point, do those in power (on both sides), actually need to start following the law and submit to their rightful punishments?

One could argue that allegedly the various courts need to sort their act out before any kind of reform could usefully take place but that's not for me to say.

Tatsujin, I'm a little disappointed that you have made such a decisive blow so early in the argument, as this is typically the point where fab4 leaves the discussion and moves on to somewhere else where he can start another inane, biased argument, with his good buddy gerry1011, and then move on again.

Fabbie, stick around and answer the questions just this one time, will you...?!

• Like 1

http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/print.php?id=16741

We have not seen the police on TV helping the flood victims. Police General Phriewphan Damarong, a younger brother of Pojaman Na Pombejra, has been appointed police chief. He made some news initially. After the floods become more serious, he did not appear in the public eye. The police force is an idle watcher of the tragedy. Instead, the military has sent out 40,000 personnel to help communities fighting the floods. Why does the police force adopt a do-nothing attitude?

Many more articles like this. Sorry, just reporting the facts.

post-126581-0-26997900-1391099087_thumb.

Tatsujin, I'm a little disappointed that you have made such a decisive blow so early in the argument, as this is typically the point where fab4 leaves the discussion and moves on to somewhere else where he can start another inane, biased argument, with his good buddy gerry1011, and then move on again.

Fabbie, stick around and answer the questions just this one time, will you...?!

OK I'm hooked. Fab4. Please answer the question?

He originally got a 2 year suspended sentence in June last year for Libel. This was later changed by the Appeals Court in December last year to 1 year, no suspension, no bail. And he's still walking around free fronting PT.

Sondhi must've been convicted four or five times for defamation but he's never seen a day of jail. So it goes...

Edit: "On 7 March 2008, the Court sentenced Sondhi to one year’s imprisonment without suspension, under Section 326 of the Criminal Code, noting that he had repeatedly committed similar crimes, and ordered him to advertise his offence in 5 newspapers for 7 days. Sondhi appealed the case."

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/2210

His appeal was rejected so he should've been in jail back in 2010 if these decisions actually held any weight. This is just one case of several he'd been up in court for at that point I believe.

Here's another from 09:

"The Criminal Court on Thursday found media mogul Sondhi Limthongkul guilty for defaming former deputy prime minister MR Pridiyathorn Devakula and sentenced him to serve two years in jail. The court cited Sondhi as a repeat offender for libel to refuse to grant him leniency for a suspended jail term.

In its ruling, the court said Sondhi made wild accusations against Pridiyathorn with the aim to sway the public sentiment but had no evidence to back up his remarks. Reacting to his verdict, Sondhi said he will fight for an overturn in the appellate review. He has sought a temporary release pending the filing of his appeal within 30 days."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/09/10/politics/politics_30111940.php

Here's another case he was sentenced for in 2010: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Sondhi-loses-libel-appeal-but-jail-term-reduced-30190726.html

And he's been involved in others since then. He's also been found guilty and sentenced for LM (Oct 2013).

Edited by Emptyset

From the OP

you want a clearer explanation ?

Well that is very simple- the RTA do not trust the government, people are being murdered in Thailand and you are doing nothing about it so the army is stepping in and hopefully you are stepping into jail very soon for your misdeeds

IMO

All this talk of the UDD,PDRC,PTP the EC means SFA to me. coffee1.gif