No armed foreign forces in Thailand

webfact

No armed foreign forces in Thailand
By Digital Content

13910735601734.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 30 - The Thai army today confirmed that no armed foreign troops have been found in the kingdom to instigate violence but conceded that there is a possibility of some gradually sneaking across the border.

Col Banpot Poolpian, spokesman of the Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC), made his remark following reports of the presence of foreign armed groups in Bangkok's Taladthai, Nong Jok and Minburi areas.

He said army chief Gen Prayuth Chao-ocha had instructed the Burapa and Suranaree Task Forces to be especially alert in inspecting the eastern border during the past three months.

The two task forces have reported to the army chief that no foreign armed forces have entered the kingdom, but there is possibility that they could gradually infiltrate through the Thai border which covers vast areas.

The spokesman said ISOC has also inspected Talad Thai, Minburi and Nong Jok where a number of migrant workers are living in large communities such as those of the Myanmar migrant workers in Samut Sakhon province.

Regarding Gen Prayuth's remarks that the military will intervene if there is riot or violence instigated by foreign forces, Col Banpot explained that was simply security analysis foreseeing possible highest level threat so that concerned agencies would prepare measures to cope with such a circumstance.

Following the recent shooting attack against one of the anti-government protest leaders and the firing of an M79 grenade into a rally site, Col Banpot said it has yet concluded that the incidents were the work of foreign armed groups. Police are duty bound to investigate to establish the facts. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-01-30

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The Thai army today confirmed that no armed foreign troops have been found in the kingdom to instigate violence but conceded that there is a possibility of some gradually sneaking across the border."

In other words................there are already herewhistling.gif

Edited by Costas2008
  • Like 2

.... explained that was simply security analysis foreseeing possible highest level threat so that concerned agencies would prepare measures to cope with such a circumstance.

Military razzle-dazzle talk for, We'll Just Have To Wait & See What Happens and Then Try to Decide What to Do.

• Like 1

Not until next time, or until next week. Not in trouble until you get caught, as they say regarding police & PTP (who work together). Police better destroy or change the position of the CCTV cameras in advance to save their job & extra work.

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

"The Thai army today confirmed that no armed foreign troops have been found in the kingdom to instigate violence but conceded that there is a possibility of some gradually sneaking across the border."

Not to difficult to walk through the jungle or pay a Lao fisherman for a ride across the Mekong. In fact an Aussie in the 70's scuba dived from Thailand to Laos and rescued his Laos girlfriend. Sorry Sir, you maybe wrong on this one and now you have made me agree with my mate here Costa, which is a first!

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Someone need to remind them this is not the 1960s and you can't get away with making stuff up anymore...

really?????????..............you do it in every post you make!!

Feeling the love.

An army of 3,000+++ General Vs a few vans of Khmers. What do these people actually think a real army does?

Unless they were playing snooker I'd back almost any army against Thailand's.

Funny that comment when Thailand has been the only country to have NEVER been colonised or beaten by a Western nation out of all ASEAN nations.... They must have done something right... Victory Monument ring any bells...

Not to difficult to walk through the jungle or pay a Lao fisherman for a ride across the Mekong. In fact an Aussie in the 70's scuba dived from Thailand to Laos and rescued his Laos girlfriend. Sorry Sir, you maybe wrong on this one and now you have made me agree with my mate here Costa, which is a first!

hey i saw that movie. i thought that was Michael Landon (an american) for real. thanks for clearing things up. I've often wondered what that trip across the mekong must be like as a result (sans the old mukdahan ferry)

Incidentally, all fun aside, i have it on good advice that it's 20 baht across in a fishing boat, at least it was back in 2006. can't imagine the costs or lack of credentials has gone up much since then

Edited by firebasejay

hey i saw that movie. i thought that was Michael Landon (an american) for real. thanks for clearing things up. I've often wondered what that trip across the mekong must be like as a result (sans the old mukdahan ferry)

Incidentally, all fun aside, i have it on good advice that it's 20 baht across in a fishing boat, at least it was back in 2006

Was Landon indeed. Pity they couldn't have picked an Aussie for the role though. 20 baht, might be 21 now.. ;)

Last week a navy Adm said the a few dozens Cambodians came to Thailand with vans.

Now the story has been reset but I did hear Suthep calling on the army to protect them from those bad Cambodian's last weekend.

He only said "No armed forces FOUND"...rofl...

It’s the gradually sneaking across the border ones that you have to watch out for its just lucky we have such a well manned border control and such a well-disciplined dedicated army to guard our borders from the gradually sneaking armed forces.

• Like 2

An army of 3,000+++ General Vs a few vans of Khmers. What do these people actually think a real army does?

Unless they were playing snooker I'd back almost any army against Thailand's.

Funny that comment when Thailand has been the only country to have NEVER been colonised or beaten by a Western nation out of all ASEAN nations.... They must have done something right... Victory Monument ring any bells...

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile a

How little you know of our history - a very ill informed comment - read about victory monument - three days against a French regiment!!! Can you name any other battles against western countries - we had Kings who were on very good terms with western leaders - is all!! You really think Myanmar could conquer and burn two capitals of Thailand so easily but western armies couldnt - take a break from you keboar and read some books on the subject!!
please read again. No WESTERN country was ever able to conquer and colonise Thailand. Yet every other ASEAN nation has been... Your statement is referring to the 17th century when Siam changed capitals from Ayutthaya to Krungthep. The war you are referring too was Burmese. My statement refers to modern history ie 19th century onwards. Still Love you and you can't dispute fact. Thailand has never been conquered by a Western nation and they were definitely not on good terms with the French. I don't edit south east Asia's most prolific author and reporter for the Bangkok Post for nothing. Harold Stephens ring any bells? Still Love ya comments..