Mastercard Credit Card In Thailand?

I have 2 US credit cards, a Visa and a MasterCard.

I have always used Visa in Thailand and know it is very widely accepted. However, I want to cancel one of my cards, and the Visa has an annual fee, the MC doesn't, so the MC is a better deal.

Any comments on experiences with MasterCard acceptance in Thailand? Is it as I suspect much less widely accepted in Thailand, or not?

I have used master card a couple of times around MBK shopping centre, accepted everywhere.

Only thing I don't want to think of my card gets stolen or they copy it somway...

Yeah, I mostly use it for online purchases like credit cards, booking hotels, and many hotels require a credit card draft even if you are paying cash or have a prepaid voucher (guarantee against other hotel charges).

I just got back from Thailand and Master Card was acceptaed evey where. We went to Koh samui, Chiangmai, Chiangrai, Lampang, Phrae and few other small city, and had no trouble using the card what so ever. I used it at the gas station(s), hotel, restaurants...etc with no problem.

Hope this help

Edited by Misplaced

I was actually worried about the same thing myself before i went there about 6 months ago, but i am also from US and i brought only mastercard and it was excepted pretty much everywhere i can remember, just make sure they dont dissapear with your card for a while there are alot of scams with that... and also inform your CC company that you are going there or they might put a block on the card while you are there.

I have 2 US credit cards, a Visa and a MasterCard.

I have always used Visa in Thailand and know it is very widely accepted. However, I want to cancel one of my cards, and the Visa has an annual fee, the MC doesn't, so the MC is a better deal.

Any comments on experiences with MasterCard acceptance in Thailand? Is it as I suspect much less widely accepted in Thailand, or not?

Call the company with a fee and tell them if they don't cancel the fee you will drop them.I did to mine and they dropped the fee. :o:D:D