• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Third in Asia, not the world

Wrong.

Bangkok. Third. City. In the world.

BKK was BTW listed as top city in Asia a few years ago:

http://www.vacationideas.me/travel-tips/top-10-most-visited-cities-in-the-world/

http://www.enjoyourholiday.com/2011/04/18/top-10-most-visited-cities-in-the-world/

The 2nd position has me puzzled. Why do so many people want to visit Singapore? For what?

• Like 1

Wrong.

http://www.vacationideas.me/travel-tips/top-10-most-visited-cities-in-the-world/

http://www.enjoyourholiday.com/2011/04/18/top-10-most-visited-cities-in-the-world/

The 2nd position has me puzzled. Why do so many people want to visit Singapore? For what?

The above links gave a few reasons. SG is also extremely safe & relatively clean. English is widely spoken. Moreover it has legal red light areas which attract some of the most attractive ladies from places like Vietnam & China.

The average visit to SG is only 3-4 days, as there is not a lot to see & it is small. OTOH visitors to Thailand stay much longer, more like 10 to 14 days.

SG has been called the USA of Asia. Only 2 hours from BKK.

Edited by oldthaihand99

Hehee i wonder if they got their numbers from the TAT? I guess it doesnt matter since that was last years numbers. This year Bkk will be out for the count since tourists will avoid it like the plague

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I guess that means, they will miss the picnic, eh? wink.png

post-25708-0-13725700-1391205280_thumb.p

Hehee i wonder if they got their numbers from the TAT? I guess it doesnt matter since that was last years numbers. This year Bkk will be out for the count since tourists will avoid it like the plague

Why are there so many negative Farang in Thailand?

There is nothing negative about Thailand , it's the Thai's in Thailand that are negative, you only have to see a soapy to realize Thailand has along way to go, the Farang is trying to bring about a change as well as Suthep , helping to put Democracy in it's rightful place, for the people , not the selected few. As for BKK at No3, that must have been taken long before your protests , cause travel warnings from Western countries are far from flattering.

Bangkok named the world’s 3rd top tourist destinations

Not this Year TOT...... clap2.gif clap2.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

For the month of January it may have slipped to # 20?

Nostradamus will surely enlighten us re what February onwards will bring.

Historicly, though, protests & other upsets have been temporary bumps in the road of tourist numbers skyrocketing in the last decade or two.

Negative people reside world wide and are not limited to one group such as "Farang". Pay them no heed. Smile, enjoy life and move forward in life is my mantra.

• Like 1

Wrong.

The above links gave a few reasons. SG is also extremely safe & relatively clean. English is widely spoken. Moreover it has legal red light areas which attract some of the most attractive ladies from places like Vietnam & China.

The average visit to SG is only 3-4 days, as there is not a lot to see & it is small. OTOH visitors to Thailand stay much longer, more like 10 to 14 days.

SG has been called the USA of Asia. Only 2 hours from BKK

People visit Singapore because it's safe, clean and they speak English? Really? You forgot to mention that you can't get chewing gum on your shoes. biggrin.png

I think the numbers could be exaggerated somewhat. I've had to enter and exit Singapore (never leaving airport) quite a number of times using low cost carriers.

thesetat2013, on 31 Jan 2014 - 17:24, said:

I would put money on it you are wrong. People are still coming and will continue to do so. Pattaya is packed to the seams

People visit Singapore because it's safe, clean and they speak English? Really? You forgot to mention that you can't get chewing gum on your shoes. biggrin.png

I think the numbers could be exaggerated somewhat. I've had to enter and exit Singapore (never leaving airport) quite a number of times using low cost carriers.

Safety does matter to some people. The more suicidally inclined are fine visiting places with land mines, bombs & grenades going off.

Because 7/11 only sells beer between 12-2pm and 5-12am!

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Safety does matter to some people. The more suicidally inclined are fine visiting places with land mines, bombs & grenades going off.

Simple, transit point....

Simple, transit point....

True, SG is often used as a transit point for many Asian destinations.

Also many visitors come there to look for jobs or for business. Perhaps these types are included in the "tourist" numbers.

Hong Kong is high on the list as well, but over 50% come from China & many of those from the border town:

"Now, not to rain on Hong Kong's parade, but the fact that visitors from mainland China counted as "international travelers" does pretty significantly skew the results. The Wall Street Journal blog covered HK's new ranking and they admitted, "to be sure, a large portion of the visits from the mainland to Hong Kong are day-trippers from neighboring Shenzhen looking to stock up on daily necessities, such as milk powder."

http://shanghaiist.com/2014/01/31/hong_kong_becomes_worlds_most_visit.php