Why are there so many negative Farang in Thailand?

lmfao

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and why oh why, the thai apologist on this webboard always get upset for minor stuff.

Hope we dont make you cry or disturb your sleep, little queeniecoffee1.gif

Nothing about apologizing for Thailand, I would just say growing a pair and going on with life.

Wrong, it is the thai apologists that need to grow a pair, and get a life. Why are they so sensitive?

They're irritated by the complainers, who usually bring their problems upon themselves and can't take responsibility. As I said, most don't seem to have very much experience living in other places. If you want to see bad driving, go to the Middle East, double pricing, try Africa or again the Middle East. While they're at it, they may as well complain again that Thai's don't speak English.

Edited by beechguy
  • Like 1

Farang is such a huge word and ugly word that is given for any person that is not Thai. Making a statement that Farang are negative depends on each persons understanding of what each person says or wether any person agrees or not.

There are as many negative and positive people all over the world and coming from al walks of life, unfortunately I have experience Farang to be type casted of being too different, fat, loud, most being negative. If you put yourself in our shoes , me being Farang to Thai standards and if I meet a Thai person anywhere in world who is drunk, very short, lazy, would you be happy for us to typecast Thais all being this way?

I believe you will Answer your own question, time to change hats, by the way, I'm Mexican, now I'm no longer a Farang since you now know where I'm from.

Wish you much happiness and positive thinking :)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Farang is such a huge word and ugly word that is given for any person that is not Thai.

--------

by the way, I'm Mexican, now I'm no longer a Farang since you now know where I'm from.

Is "güero" considered derogatory in Mexico?

There are plenty of farang there, 20 million or so.

490px-Guillermo_del_Toro_by_Gage_Skidmor

Farang is such a huge word and ugly word that is given for any person that is not Thai.

--------

by the way, I'm Mexican, now I'm no longer a Farang since you now know where I'm from.

Farang means European, Not all foreigners are Europeans.

Negro was/is also a term used to describe black people, hardly a nice word nor an acceptable one.

• Like 1

--------

Guero is actually considered a very nice and also used as a ver caring nick name to those of light skin and blond hair and to my experienced, it has never been used as a negative manner. The closest negative nick name that comes to my being used is "Gringo", Gringo originated back when the USA soldiers enter all the way into Mexico City and the Mexican people didn't like that and wanted them to go back and since the soldiers wore green outfits, the Mexicans called out " Green Go" thus in time this phrase slowly became a slang to Gringo. Now Gringo is used in both in a positive and a negative manner depending on the situation, much like the word "F@#%k" sort of a saying.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

--------

Guero is actually considered a very nice and also used as a ver caring nick name to those of light skin and blond hair and to my experienced, it has never been used as a negative manner. The closest negative nick name that comes to my being used is "Gringo", Gringo originated back when the USA soldiers enter all the way into Mexico City and the Mexican people didn't like that and wanted them to go back and since the soldiers wore green outfits, the Mexicans called out " Green Go" thus in time this phrase slowly became a slang to Gringo. Now Gringo is used in both in a positive and a negative manner depending on the situation, much like the word "F@#%k" sort of a saying.

Yes, my point is that "farang" is exactly the same meaning and neither "huge" nor ugly

I think there are two factors, depending on whether it is the normal kvetching or the really negative diatribes of the truly discontented.

1. Normal griping: Thais are extremely sensitive to any sort of criticism of their country, and expats quickly learn that. So minor irritations have to be tolerated without comment, and this builds up a bit, and an expat forum provides a safe outlet.

2. Pathologically discontented: There is a certain type of expat who became an expat because they were unhappy where they were and convinced the problem was wholly the fault of that country, and decided to come to Thailand believing it would be a paradise in which everything was designed for their satisfaction. They arrive and find out this is not the case, and moreover, the Thais do not appear at all concerned with rushing to fix the various imperfections they complain of. The women turn out to be people with their own motives and desires, again not what they expected and feel entitled to. The higher the expectations of a "perfect" country that would revolve around them, the greater the anger when it becomes clear this is not the case. These types become extremely embittered and negative. Sometimes they move on to another expected paradise (or they may have tried others before coming here). If so, the cycle repeats itself.

Yes indeed.

The cost of beer, fags, barfines and "compensation" should never increase,

The baht should be in a state of permanent depreciation against the currency in which their pensions/income are denominated,

The women should be faithful, demure and tolerant of philandering

Simply occupying a barstool and nursing one happy hour Singha should be the cue for a hot 18 year old to wipe their fat, sweaty backs down with a cold flannel

Frankly, I absolutely love it when I see arrogant farang tossers getting their just desserts when speaking rudely to the Thais expected to perform their duties on bended knee. Great to see them told exactly where to get off.

Edited by HardenedSoul
  • Like 2

and why oh why, the thai apologist on this webboard always get upset for minor stuff.

Hope we dont make you cry or disturb your sleep, little queeniecoffee1.gif

Nothing about apologizing for Thailand, I would just say growing a pair and going on with life.

"Most of the people I see whining about Thailand, seemed to have never lived very many other places"

Totally agree as a lot of these posters think they have overpowering knowledge of the world living among 60 million in Thailand, I have worked in NYC population of 60 million, and several other countries.

priceless,

this beechguy told you to grow up a pair, and you answer him that NYC has a population of 60 millions peoplescheesy.gif

no wonder that you fail to understand all these negatives farangclap2.gif

Clearly the beechguy told YOU to grow a pair, but you intentionally try to weasel out and nitpick a freakin typo regarding NYC. This, kids, is an example of a delusional and dimwitted farang. Maybe change your screen name to "bendover."

• Like 1

I think too many Farang here have too much time on thier hands and get bored and synical with everything ...... As Monty Python said ... " Always look on the bright side of life " ........... Off now to do some fishing ... ENJOY ALL !! CHOKDEE ..... thumbsup.gif

If you really think half the TVF members live in Thailand then you're in for a shock.

I can assure you the negative ones don't live here permently.

Well, I can also "assure" you that I live here and have for some time.

I'm successful here and work among many of the most successful falangs in Thailand. And plenty of them/us are on almost constant rants. It's ridiculous to think that it would be otherwise.

But, we do get on with our lives and make the best of things.

Ask your self why they are here? for most they had negative experiences, lifestyle, weather, old job, etc etc from there homeland.Otherwise, why would most leave to Thailand to start with?

So I guess after a while in Thailand the rose glasses fall off, for some it's a few months, others a few years,For me it took just over 15.So the same nagging things piss you off, Visa's,Finding out how genuine the Thai smile really is, doing business,other Thainess experiences Particularly if your not at retirement age.

As part of the journey of life you find yourself, being negative, and hopefully take it as a sign to jog on.

I'm curious how people get upset by others venting,You haven't walked in there shoes.I guess it's because its a blotch on the perfect vision of Thailand to many newbies, or in the transition from Utopia to Ok to disliking to leaving.

As with every other country in the world, Thailand is what Thailand is, and it takes a lot more than a couple of holidays to determine whether it's right for a permanent move.

Unfortunately, the Thailand brand is misrepresented all over the internet, especially for would-be expats, by those wishing to make money from incomers. As an example of a very different culture from those in the West, it presents unique challenges as regards adaptability, yet it's marketed as an easy-living paradise for disenchanted Westerners.

TAT and Thais in the popular destinations aren't the only culprits here, as most migrants realise pretty soon that sales talk by locals is just that. It's the farang organisations and businesses which need to tell it like it is, pointing out the disadvantages as well as the advantages and the traps to avoid rather than peddling dreams for hard cash.

My own feeling, from personal experience back in the day is that giving a truthful analysis of expat life in this country would result in more realistic expectations and far less negativity. It's tricky enough to adjust to a totally different culture without having to fend off everything from rip-off merchants to false friends.

Several popular Mediterranean expat destinations have objective websites set up by expats and giving a balanced view

- I'd love to see a similar site here, although I suspect the person who started it would need to keep well below the radar!

Perfect visions are just that - visions - it's up to us to create our own world in which negativity has no part.

• Like 2

As with every other country in the world, Thailand is what Thailand is, and it takes a lot more than a couple of holidays to determine whether it's right for a permanent move.

Unfortunately, the Thailand brand is misrepresented all over the internet, especially for would-be expats, by those wishing to make money from incomers. As an example of a very different culture from those in the West, it presents unique challenges as regards adaptability, yet it's marketed as an easy-living paradise for disenchanted Westerners.

TAT and Thais in the popular destinations aren't the only culprits here, as most migrants realise pretty soon that sales talk by locals is just that. It's the farang organisations and businesses which need to tell it like it is, pointing out the disadvantages as well as the advantages and the traps to avoid rather than peddling dreams for hard cash.

My own feeling, from personal experience back in the day is that giving a truthful analysis of expat life in this country would result in more realistic expectations and far less negativity. It's tricky enough to adjust to a totally different culture without having to fend off everything from rip-off merchants to false friends.

Several popular Mediterranean expat destinations have objective websites set up by expats and giving a balanced view

- I'd love to see a similar site here, although I suspect the person who started it would need to keep well below the radar!

Perfect visions are just that - visions - it's up to us to create our own world in which negativity has no part.

Shouldn't people conduct their own due diligence before rocking up here?

Aren't most expats/Western immigrants here actually escaping "Nannyism"?

The "truthful analysis of expat life" you refer to should be done by the individual considering making Thailand their home not some pie-in-the-sky body charged with ensuring people don't get shit on their hands when wiping their <deleted>.

• Like 1

Shouldn't people conduct their own due diligence before rocking up here?

Aren't most expats/Western immigrants here actually escaping "Nannyism"?

The "truthful analysis of expat life" you refer to should be done by the individual considering making Thailand their home not some pie-in-the-sky body charged with ensuring people don't get shit on their hands when wiping their <deleted>.

This 'individual' spent two full years researching online and visiting the country for as many days I could spare from my business schedule, usually on the way to or back from my regular Japanese buying trips, and still, occasionally, got it 'wrong', but not as wrong as some who post on this forum seem to have done.

I also followed TV/CM forum almost every day, to get some idea of the community here, and boy, has the general standard of replies changed since eight or so years ago! Your last paragraph is, sadly, typical of the type of comment which would have put me off from choosing CM as an expat destination.

I'm lucky in that I had a good deal of experience in online research due my business, so had half a a chance of sorting out the wheat from the chaff. What the hell is wrong with telling the unvarnished truth about the ups and downs of a particular destination in order to let people make informed decisions?

Hoe can individuals do objective research if all that's out there is advertorials? Sorry you missed my point.

Clearly the beechguy told YOU to grow a pair, but you intentionally try to weasel out and nitpick a freakin typo regarding NYC. This, kids, is an example of a delusional and dimwitted farang. Maybe change your screen name to "bendover."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

now tell me who is the negative farang? who is screaming like a little girl? Hope i didnt make you cry!

ps: you should also grow up a pair, instead of wasting our precious time with your moaning whistling.gif

• Like 1

This 'individual' spent two full years researching online and visiting the country for as many days I could spare from my business schedule, usually on the way to or back from my regular Japanese buying trips, and still, occasionally, got it 'wrong', but not as wrong as some who post on this forum seem to have done.

I also followed TV/CM forum almost every day, to get some idea of the community here, and boy, has the general standard of replies changed since eight or so years ago! Your last paragraph is, sadly, typical of the type of comment which would have put me off from choosing CM as an expat destination.

I'm lucky in that I had a good deal of experience in online research due my business, so had half a a chance of sorting out the wheat from the chaff. What the hell is wrong with telling the unvarnished truth about the ups and downs of a particular destination in order to let people make informed decisions?

Hoe can individuals do objective research if all that's out there is advertorials? Sorry you missed my point.

Rubbish

There are vast quantities of "unvarnished truth" out there that don't mince words about the reality of living here as a Western expat but they're not to be found under glib search terms like "Retiring in Thailand".

What - exactly - would you like highlighted as a pitfall of living here?

Why the hell do people need someone to hold their hand?

Do you really think Thailand is alone by promoting itself as a fantastic retirement destination?

Do you really think that diligence conducted on other retirement destinations would yield frank, state-funded, warts-and-all articles and resources warning potential emigres of the pitfalls of dropping anchor there?

Maybe if you made a valid point, I wouldn't have missed it

• Like 1