Using Thai Baht in Quattro Pro spreadsheet?

wpcoe

I realize this is an obscure question, but thought I'd throw the net out anyway...

In Quattro Pro, you can specify the currency to be displayed in spreadsheet cells. For some reason, though, when specifying Thailand it puts a "Bt" after the number. i.e. 10,000Bt

Every other country's currency I checked, it correctly put a currency symbol/code in front of the numbers.

Does anybody here know a trick to get the Bt - or better yet: B or THB - to display in front of the numbers?

I'm using Quattro Pro X6 (v. 16.0.0.428)

Been years. Dunno if there's any option somewhere, could be. If not, quick-and-dirty:

put the unformatted amount in a dummy column say 'N' you'll later hide if you wish

in the target column 'M', use a formula to concatenate 'B'+the amount in column N

workaround using the dummy column for calculations

Edited by JSixpack

Thanks. I'm rusty on Quattro Pro, as well, but I understand your suggestion.

However, for some reason @CONCATENATE prevents rounding to the nearest baht, i.e. the average for the dummy column appears as 3,766, but when concatenated to a new cell it appears as THB 3765.93.

Changing the number format for the cell apparently doesn't work with a concatenated result, it keeps the un-rounded result from the calculated dummy cell. <sigh...>

Thanks. I'm rusty on Quattro Pro, as well, but I understand your suggestion.

However, for some reason @CONCATENATE prevents rounding to the nearest baht, i.e. the average for the dummy column appears as 3,766, but when concatenated to a new cell it appears as THB 3765.93.

Changing the number format for the cell apparently doesn't work with a concatenated result, it keeps the un-rounded result from the calculated dummy cell. <sigh...>

Figured out how to get the concatenated cell to round: enclose the @CONCATENATE with a @ROUND formula.

Only niggle left is how to get the thousands comma separator to appear in the concatenated result. I wonder if that's even possible?