Are we likely to receive our new car tax back?

mattk1

Hi guys,

It's coming up to a year now (early March) that my wife has had her Honda Brio. She is expecting 73k Baht returned as part of the government tax back scheme but I'm telling her to be prepared for disappointment.

With all the trouble going on right now and the rice farmers having not received their money, am I right to be concerned she will not get her money, and where does that leave us legally?

Thanks for any input :-)

I was thinking the same thing. We are still waiting. Our money is due about march too. Money is supposed to turn up about a year after the paperwork is sent in.

Is anyone overdue for their payment? I mean, say more than 2 months overdue.

• Like 1

Since most of the first car buyers are Thai and a lot of people will be affected, I suggest your wife have a look at forums on pantip.com. I am sure it is being discussed.

all of the first car buyers are Thai

Most of them are grandmothers too, who have never driven a car in their lives thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Since most of the first car buyers are Thai and a lot of people will be affected, I suggest your wife have a look at forums on pantip.com. I am sure it is being discussed.

all of the first car buyers are Thai

Most of them are grandmothers too, who have never driven a car in their lives thumbsup.gif

It's never to late to learn...or for an adventure.... biggrin.png

We got our 100,000B back from the 1st car buyers pretty much exactly 1 year. We bought the Toyota Yaris in November 2012 & the money was in our account in November 2013 give or take a few weeks each side.

So if all the correct paper work etc was done when you bought the car it will be transferred when you are expecting it.

We also received the rebate from the purchase of a Mazda 2, in Sept 2012. It was a few months late.

The money came back in Dec. 2013.

What has the dealer said?

Yes that's a few months after they said it would arrive...hope the time frame doesn't extend to infinityfacepalm.gif

The dealers won't know about this as it's out of their hands now. Just wait and see if my her money arrives;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies on here thumbsup.gif

I guess it's just a waiting game now, though I will tell the missus to phone Honda and see if they can tell her if other people have been asking the same question.

Will post back what we find out (if anything)..

Cheers guys.