Best Place to Service Honda near Jomtien

ford8

I have a new Honda and want to get regular service.

I am not at all impressed by the service area and service guys where I bought it. It is aHondaMitayon..but sells many other makes.

Unlike what I expect from Japanese standards, they seem little better than the hole in the wall places, tools and parts scattered around etc.

Are there any that are recommended please ?

Edited by ford8

Your bike engine is so simple, tolerant, and well know that any shop in Thailand will be able to service it properly.

Service consists in replacing oil, filter and not much else. Even checking valve gap is, in most cases, wasted time because you will find find it right on the spot after 1,000, 5K, or even 20K Km.

If you want to do something useful instead have a tightening check on any accessible bolt, nut or screw. A loose one can always happen.

Don't judge a shop's value primarly by the way it's kept. There are total monkeys working at official dealers screwing up all the time and there are talented guys working at small dirty shops. In that sense a recommendation is valuable.

• 1 month later...

There is a great little bike shop on Theprasit Road about 300 metres before Mityon Honda, on the same side, when travelling away from Second Road, towards Sukumvit.

It's a one or two man band and he has a selection of large bikes outside that are either for sale, or he's working on. I've used him for the last couple of years servicing my Phantom. He seems a very knowledgable and helpful enthusiast and speaks reasonable English.

There is a great little bike shop on Theprasit Road about 300 metres before Mityon Honda, on the same side, when travelling away from Second Road, towards Sukumvit.

It's a one or two man band and he has a selection of large bikes outside that are either for sale, or he's working on. I've used him for the last couple of years servicing my Phantom. He seems a very knowledgable and helpful enthusiast and speaks reasonable English.

Are there not several Mityon Honda shops on this road?

Mityon has ~60 shops in the greater Pattaya area.

Are you talking about the one near the 7-11, or the one that has the soi dog sleeping nearby?

New England Yankee giving directions to a tourist: "...turn left a mile before you get to where they tore down my cousin's old barn a few years ago, ayup."

Mityon has a new large service center on Pattaya Tai opposite soi 10.

Edited by papa al

Any hole in the wall place is as good as the next, or as good as the dealer.

There's one I use opposite the Rhompo bar complex on 2nd Road Jomtien. Cheap as chips, free smile, do it while you wait.

About the "check the nut tightening" thingy. If anybody goes near my nuts they better have a torque wrench and know their feet and metres from their pounds and newtons.

• Like 1

Are there not several Mityon Honda shops on this road?

Mityon has ~60 shops in the greater Pattaya area.

Are you talking about the one near the 7-11, or the one that has the soi dog sleeping nearby?

New England Yankee giving directions to a tourist: "...turn left a mile before you get to where they tore down my cousin's old barn a few years ago, ayup."

Mityon has a new large service center on Pattaya Tai opposite soi 10.

As far as I am aware, there is only one Mityon Honda showroom on Thepprassit.

I seem to remember your cousins old barn. Shame they tore it down!

• Like 1

There is the large Mityon showroom/service center on the corner of Thepprassit/soi 7;

opposite and ~100+ meters west is another Mityon showroom,

and a bit further west and still on the north side is another.

Nearly every mixed showrooms around and most of the 2nd hand lots are Mityon.

The big accesory shop on Pattaya Tai on the north side near soi 8...ayup.

There is the large Mityon showroom/service center on the corner of Thepprassit/soi 7;

opposite and ~100+ meters west is another Mityon showroom,

and a bit further west and still on the north side is another.

Nearly every mixed showrooms around and most of the 2nd hand lots are Mityon.

The big accesory shop on Pattaya Tai on the north side near soi 8...ayup.

OK. I surrender.