Gunshots at Lak Si intersection came from anti-govt side, Bangkok police say

webfact

Since when are we supposed to be trusting or believing anything the police have to say?

I think I would believe the police before any politician.

Why do you feel at all compelled to believe either?

I suspect it is because of your obedience training in public school.

I would never believe a politician for obvious reasons, but my BIL is a policeman, and a more decent honest guy you could not meet, and as for your suspecting, you don't have a clue. If you cannot answer a poster without being rude, why post at all?

Why is it that there are so many images / videos from the PDRC side but so few from the pro-govt / pro-election side?

They don't want you to see their side, might jeopardize their staying in office, and not put the bribes and attempted control of the media in their favor. Who is to say who the so called anti gov't armed individuals are? Don't think the fugitive is above having hired guys who dress similarly...'mysteriously'...I find it ironic nothing gets violent until....yep, red shirts arrive.

Edited by gemini81

Why is it that there are so many images / videos from the PDRC side but so few from the pro-govt / pro-election side?

There was only about 80 pro-election people left when the shooting happened.

When the army guy drove his car at the red shirts/pro-election people and some IED's were thrown most of the red shirts left and retreated.

The remaining 80 or so pro-election people were then subject to gun attacks from PDRC gunmen.

Handguns, M16 and other assault weapons were used.

This is why you see lots of photos of PDRC with guns, you see pics of shot pro-election people and thats about it.

PDRC appear to have tried to start a war and failed, the 80 or so pro-election people were simply there to call for elections, not for a war which the PDRC wanted in order to stop the elections perhaps.

The police and army (official on duty army in army uniform and not masked) have been told to not carry weapons when dealing with PDRC, so if you ask why they did not intervene, its human nature not to try to intervene with bare hands against people firing assault rifles and handguns.......................nobody wants to die.

All in my opinion of course, based on what I have seen, heard and been told.

Funny how, in all the chaos, the police are so certain of the identity of the antagonists, yet were never properly able to identify any 'blackshirts' in the 2010 violence.

It's called money, it can either improve or reduce vision by upto 100% depending on the amount applied.

Funny how, in all the chaos, the police are so certain of the identity of the antagonists, yet were never properly able to identify any 'blackshirts' in the 2010 violence.

In 2010 the show was controlled by Suthep. Anyone identifying anything would be on fast track to 30 days of detention. (Funny how this MR Suthep was political active after beeing thrown out of parliament on corruption charges in 2009...)

In 2014, Suthep still have the show going, but this time the front lines are drawn around him. He no longer controls everything so less people are afraid of saying what they see.

Now, lets wait and see if Mr Suthep is still too busy showing up for court this week. Its the same grounds he himself used to send heavily armed soldiers against protesters no more violent or less peacefull then those he lead himself.

2010. Suthep controlled the information flow in Thailand.

2014. Suthep no longer controll the information flow in Thailand.

Thats the main difference. As in 2010, there is only one side that have anything to gain from violence. Sutheps side. Follow the motive and find the culprit.

Since when are we supposed to be trusting or believing anything the police have to say?

I think I would believe the police before any politician.

Why do you feel at all compelled to believe either?

I suspect it is because of your obedience training in public school.

I would never believe a politician for obvious reasons, but my BIL is a policeman, and a more decent honest guy you could not meet, and as for your suspecting, you don't have a clue. If you cannot answer a poster without being rude, why post at all?

You mistaken honesty with truth. There are plenty of honest, but mistaken, people with great intentions. Most people in the military and police forces at least start out that way. But their world views are rucked up by propaganda. They never have or even seek a comprehensive picture of events. Like I said, your schooling ( like mine) does not teach us anything but to obey.

If one wants to get to thinking, you must start fresh, dismissing (disobeying) what you we learned and question absolutely everything you thought you know.

The police are trained to do just the opposite. They are obedient. They are people animating a costume which would otherwise be a robot.

I think one can well assume extreme skepticism on the part of the general public regarding any impartial investigation by the police, who seem to be more eager to issue opinions that support their bottom-line narrative, rather than anything. As there has been an unmistakable pattern of armed attacks against the protesters - all of which have been subject to abject inspection, abject follow-up and abject deterrence by the police - we can well assume that the heart of the police is not where it should be to reach the truth. Many will be happy with that circumstance and will allow full reign to the police's edicts. Others aware of the baggage they hold, will be more cautious. As Suthep in a move of noteable candour has admitted that one of the men was a PDRC member, it should cast veracity of the real possibility that other perpetrators may have been involved. But if one is completely blind to the fact that the protest movement has been besieged nightly with armed attacks, then perhaps they will be blind to that possibility as well.

MiB in 2010 were more professional and covered their tracks a lot better I guess. They usually only operated at night for one thing. They did arrest people suspected of violence in 2010 but I don't think they ever got any of the actual MiB. Maybe they did but couldn't find enough evidence to push the case. Bear in mind police were controlled by the Democrat installed chief in 2010 and that not all police are reds. Same goes for the DSI, couldn't have been more partial on the side of the govt in 2010. Don't assume the will wasn't there.

..we have eyewitness reports of mercenaries crossing over to Thailand from Cambodia....AN ACT OF TREASON...

..and nothing has been done about that either......

No, they were just pork stories from the suthep's nephew in the seal marines about vans full of 80 special force cambodians. That was after 2 seal marines were cought fully armed with guns with silencers as protesters guards. For over a month now nobody seen those foreigners, despite wide media coverage and search for them.

There are just jingoistic stories, to stirr up nationalists and ultraroyalists against elections and give cover up for heavily armed guards from protesters shooting at voters

sure, like it's also 'pork stories' about the convicted criminal/murderer in Dubai ?? wake up man!