Pheu Thai Party predicts winning 300 seats in yesterday's polls

webfact

The point is that you made up a statement to try and justify a false claim (PT lying).

My post does not claim any victory for any side. I do not make any claim without being in full possession of the facts.

Oh ok then! You said in another post.

"Maybe if you didn't laugh so much, and therefore did not have tears in your eys (sic), you might have read that the EC has said it is allowable for individual districts to announce their results."

which i presume you got from here:

"In the meantime, no preliminary result of 2 February election will be announced, said Mr. Banchong Sukdee, deputy Permanent Secretary of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA).

"The result will have to wait until the election is fully completed," Mr. Banchong explained, "Otherwise it would mislead the public".

According to Mr. Banchong, individual polling stations can count their votes and announce the result in front of the venue for the public to observe, but officials are not allowed to transfer these results to the Election Commission."

If i'm wrong about your full possession of the facts, then i apologize.. please post link . thanks

ps: as i cannot find the original re: a Phua thai person stating only a minority were effected.. i take it back.. still doesn't stop the fact that it was only a small amount affected though..does it?

Finally!! Yes, we agree that it was only a small amount of constituencies in Thailand that was affected. Thanks for switching sides smile.png

I have always said it was only a small percentage affected. Not sure were you get any different. It's others that have stated the poor turnout is due to polling disruption!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's an old saying in democratic politics and voting, that you can't beat somebody with nobody. It's really a very simple principle and reality.

It looks like the DP, had it been responsible and loyal to the country and its voters, could have made a definitely improved run at the prize, perhaps well positioning itself for the next election depending of course on their performance had they achieved an improved number in the House.

Instead, the DP has all but disappeared itself presently and going forward. Abhisit is now wearing this collar.

In China it's the year of the horse, in Thailand it's the year of Abhisit as the horse's arse..

Seems like you have little to say but name-calling.

One- rule party.... that's what it was all about,... Back to business, more Megaprojects and SCAMS to continue, more white lies and corruption to continue, more brainwashing of the Thai Nation and kids brains, more critics to backstabbing silence AND an amnesty to revive...

I should think PTP would be well aware they need to be restrained in their ingrained Thai corruption. Going off and running amok is something they should know would be the most self-destructive and politically suicidal thing they could do. Thai politicians, among others, aren't too bright so PTP will have to prove itself in this respect. PTP can count votes so I'm confident however PTP will focus on finding out what they have to do to regain the votes they didn't get, which in the current political environment means improving the quality of governance in the Kingdom. The real systemic problem now is that there isn't any opposition sitting to oppose and check PTP - thank you Abhisit who after this looks qualified only to go off to Africa and become an inner circle advisor to Mugabe.

Seeing it all suddenly evaporate in game over is a harsh reality so I can understand a bit of crankiness on the other side.

Game over ? Haha haha hahahahaha., now I agree that you're funny.

Try to pull that one again in 6 months or so .

The coming judicial coup, yes, yet another one.

As I said, after you guys have finished your cheering of the dastardly event take cover.

Well they tried to make the government 'step down', and failed. They tried to provoke a coup, and failed. They tried to shut down Bangkok, and failed. They tried to get the election stopped, and failed.

Based on their track record so far I expect the judicial coup attempt, when it comes, to turn into yet another case of 'was that it?', while the grown-ups get on with running the country.

• Like 1

There's an old saying in democratic politics and voting, that you can't beat somebody with nobody. It's really a very simple principle and reality.

It looks like the DP, had it been responsible and loyal to the country and its voters, could have made a definitely improved run at the prize, perhaps well positioning itself for the next election depending of course on their performance had they achieved an improved number in the House.

Instead, the DP has all but disappeared itself presently and going forward. Abhisit is now wearing this collar.

In China it's the year of the horse, in Thailand it's the year of Abhisit as the horse's arse..

Seems like you have little to say but name-calling.

Sleep well last night? We're sounding a bit cranky this morning. wai.gif

I've given perfectly valid reasons why turnout would be lower wai.gif with all the troubles it's perfectly understandable

Yes, but you started out by saying it was because voters were stopped from voting.

yes and I have expanded upon the theme as it all stems from the 'troubles' and the thugs stopping citizens Right to Vote in BKK/The South

the effects are widespread

So in other words, you changed your mind.

Prinya Tevanaruemitrkul, vice-rector of Thammasat University, said Sunday's poll was incomplete as the Democrat Party, Pheu Thai's main political rival, boycotted the election and the voter turnout was small because of the PDRC's campaign to dissuade voters and its efforts to disrupt the poll.

this

....again......is a 1-horse race.........a democracy......???

More than 50 parties were running in this election.

Just saying. whistling.gif

And do you know WHO they are? How many constituents covered?

If not. Then 50 is just a number .. there were only 2 maybe 3 large parties and I think they are all in the Phua Thai coalition!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

One thing is clear whatever side people choose they have one thing in comon and that is "reform". Question what do they want to reform? Corruption? Police will come home with less money so will the taxi driver, the guide, the custom, the shops selling fake goods, the farmacies selling medicine protected by patents etc etc. still agree with reform?

That will give them a clear majority and a return to power. Guess Suthep may have been wrong when he stated the majority supported him.

It is not sooo hard to win a majority if you run the elections without opposition.....The leader in North Korea also got reelected every couple of years. Honecker also won every election.

Come now, the only reason the Democrats didn't want an election is becuase they knew they were going to lose handily. It happens every time.

Even with what some call 'loosing all the time' the Democrat party still had 159 seats in the 2011 elections and was the second largest political party as such.

Of course all this also seems to stress again the need to 'win' which some may go to watch in North Korea or Zimbabwe. Those guys know how to win.

a really ignorant post

people were STOPPED from voting so use any intelligence you may have please as you already dimly recognized only 48m could vote so it is not "out of 69m"

to use your own flawed logic? 200,000 protest out of 69m people = 0.28% of the population - hardly representative is it?

Were people stopped from voting in the N/NE? It seems they could only get 55% voter turnout.

I think it's thoroughly understandable that it would be far lower than before for obvious reasons:

1/ there are some Dems supporters and obviously they won't come out

2/ people will be frightened by the News on TV whether it impacted on their particular polling station or not

3/ some may feel that it will be invalidated by the yellow courts anyway

4/ some may feel, with no Dems, that it was a forgone conclusion and therefore not bother

5. any other reason which makes the Pheu Thai party and the election results look good rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

They were at least 50 other parties contesting.

Most of them never heard of before and without a chance of winning the odd seat? Just the token opposition to show how 'democratic' all is?

Next we'll hear again about 'winning elections', as the most important aspect of a democracy. Well, go to N. Korea and learn how that's done.

Elections under laws, rules, regulations Suthep's "People's Council" would make North Korean elections look like the Athenian democracy of old.

Your statement above...

"Next we'll hear again about 'winning elections', as the most important aspect of a democracy."

....is a dagger in the heart of democracy, equality, egalitarianism.

When a winner of an election can't organize a government we won't have democracy any more, especially when you call it "absolute democracy."

'winner of an election' = all those parties which get at least one seat.

Please, 'respect my vote' not only on election day but especially after!

Most of them never heard of before and without a chance of winning the odd seat? Just the token opposition to show how 'democratic' all is?

Next we'll hear again about 'winning elections', as the most important aspect of a democracy. Well, go to N. Korea and learn how that's done.

Elections under laws, rules, regulations Suthep's "People's Council" would make North Korean elections look like the Athenian democracy of old.

Your statement above...

"Next we'll hear again about 'winning elections', as the most important aspect of a democracy."

When a winner of an election can't organize a government we won't have democracy any more, especially when you call it "absolute democracy."

After election day??? Do you refer to the forming of coalitions and the vote to choose a PM?

You should be advised that where I come from we like to vote early and often biggrin.png In the political organizations I've belonged to you vote only once and you lose more than your right to vote. ermm.gif

Edited by Publicus

Your statement above...

I agreed -"'respect my vote' not only on election day but especially after!"

Are you accusing the present government betrayed the faith and trust of the voters?

The oppositions, Thaksin haters and fearers created that perception through their obstructionist politics, distortion, misinformation and smear campaigns. I have yet to see alternative from the opposition. If they have, they should not be afraid of the people's mandate.

What does it profit Thailand when we continue to hate him and fear him.

Are you accusing the present government betrayed the faith and trust of the voters?

The oppositions, Thaksin haters and fearers created that perception through their obstructionist politics, distortion, misinformation and smear campaigns. I have yet to see alternative from the opposition. If they have, they should not be afraid of the people's mandate.

First of all let me thank you for staying with us even though your holiday must be over by now, the two weeks you mentioned a while ago?

Secondly the present no-longer caretaking Pheu Thai led goverment has betrayed trust and voters as per day one, 3rd of July 2011. Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts, people suffer. And no, I'm not going to explain all this to you, just read the topic where you're posting pro-governmnet news ones more and try to understand.

Lastly Thailand would profit from a no longer involved Thaksin who only seems to care for business, his business, his cabinet, his government.bah.gif

• Like 1

First of all let me thank you for staying with us even though your holiday must be over by now, the two weeks you mentioned a while ago?

Secondly the present no-longer caretaking Pheu Thai led goverment has betrayed trust and voters as per day one, 3rd of July 2011. Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts, people suffer. And no, I'm not going to explain all this to you, just read the topic where you're posting pro-governmnet news ones more and try to understand.

Lastly Thailand would profit from a no longer involved Thaksin who only seems to care for business, his business, his cabinet, his government.bah.gif

So what do you stand for then? You don't like Thaksin or the PTP, I can tell that but what do you suggest is the answer. You surely can't believe that if Thaksin got out of politics completely everything would be rosy in Thailand - surely you can't be that naive?

So what do you stand for then? You don't like Thaksin or the PTP, I can tell that but what do you suggest is the answer. You surely can't believe that if Thaksin got out of politics completely everything would be rosy in Thailand - surely you can't be that naive?

I'm confident most people would already be satisfied with the term " Rosier " .

1. Wow, thank you for following me. Yes, my two weeks vacation is almost over. BTW, it is from the day I spoken about it. So are you asking me to get out of here? I am semi-retired and my children are managing most of the day to day operations. I will be traveling to Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Malaysia. Internet still allowed me to write and share whenever I want it. You can't get rid of me.

2. That is your own opinion and choosing. I am entitle to mine and I don't use use dictatorial attitude. You don't have to explain anything to me because you don't have anything to explain except giving me baseless and unsubstantiated accusation and Thaksin hate, Thaksin fear.

Lastly, Thailand would profit much from no Thaksin fear, Thaksin hate. Forgiveness, reconciliation, unity will restore Thailand again.

• Like 1

I doubt that he is at all naive. What Thaksin's absence in politics would mean is a bit of peace in this country that hasn't existed in many years.

They're care-taking for a 3 months yet.

Another Thai news source has reported that the unofficial turnout yesterday was just 45.8%, which will no doubt lead some to conclude that at least 54.2% of eligible voters have rejected Pheu Thai.

Majority rule anyone?

why? it's low because the fascists stopped people voting

That explains about 10% of the vote given that voting proceeded ok at 90% of the polling stations.

well maybe but I'm sure there are many who were fearful to vote at those 90% that were open... anyway it would have been way over 50% and if unobstructed I'm sure over 70% as usual

I am sure you are right since there were so many red shirts "observing" the voting.

Another Thai news source has reported that the unofficial turnout yesterday was just 45.8%, which will no doubt lead some to conclude that at least 54.2% of eligible voters have rejected Pheu Thai.

Majority rule anyone?

why? it's low because the fascists stopped people voting

That explains about 10% of the vote given that voting proceeded ok at 90% of the polling stations.

well maybe but I'm sure there are many who were fearful to vote at those 90% that were open... anyway it would have been way over 50% and if unobstructed I'm sure over 70% as usual

Wrong.

Throughout the North and North East there was no disruption at the polling stations (I wonder why) yet still only 53% voted.

I've been asking my Thai friends if they voted, not which way, just if they had, an overwhelming majority said no. When asked why, the answers have varied between, can't be bothered and don't like any of them.

Without reforms and real penalties for corruption the Thai political scene is liable to be crushed under a tidal wave of apathy.

I stand for myself and even as Dutch uncle do not presume to stand for others.

My answer, or actually opinion, is Thaksin c.s. out, Suthep stepping back, a reform commission get seriously started, a group of (almost) non-political experts in a 6 - 12 month cabinet. Serious investigation in 2010, Yingluck's two years of corruption, consistent Education plan for our kids. Teach about democracy western style, with rights AND duties. Give more mandate to NGOs, local communities, build safeguards to keep local puuyai out or at least down. Go this way consistently without political interference. Slowly build up the democracy and return (in phases) all rights to the people. Some may find this dictatorial, but nothing will happen without a strong push. Education, education and once more education makes people free and self-reliant.

Naive? Maybe, just by thinking this should be possible without bloodshed unsure.png

They're care-taking for a 3 months yet.

In name only probably. The actions show much more of a no-longer-caring taking government.