Fatal motorbike accident in Bangrak

Songthaews don't run at night. So they are not an option. They also only follow major roads.

Walking is fine if you want to go somewhere close to your home, but not an option if you want to go somewhere far away.

Cars and Jeeps are the same thing. Yes they are a good option, but they are far more expensive than a motorbike to both buy and to run. Not everyone can afford a car.

Bicycles are even more dangerous than motorbikes, and a lot less convenient, so I am not sure why you listed them.

Boats as a substitute for motorbikes, really?

Edited by pokerspiv
  • Like 2

Songthaews don't run at night. So they are not an option. They also only follow major roads.

Walking is fine if you want to go somewhere close to your home, but not an option if you want to go somewhere far away.

Cars and Jeeps are the same thing. Yes they are an option, but they are far more expensive than a motorbike to both buy and to run. Not everyone can afford a car.

Bicycles are even more dangerous than motorbikes, and a lot less convenient, so I am not sure why you listed them.

You need to plan your night a little better then,Bicycles are far safer than motorcycles as your traveling slower and you stick to the side of the road? Come on so why do kids get bicycles for xmas and not motorcycles?? Drive stay anyways.... whatever you Drive.. Peace..

Edited by lmfao

"On 3-Feb-14 2.51 pm"

If the picture goes with the story, it should be AM. If am. what was water truck doing there that time...? Anyway. Truly sad additional ending to a young life ;(

I believe the timings are wrong , but I have seen water trucks operate 24hrs a day on samui ..

But never drive a motor bike at night , I know taxi's are expensive , but it's worth keeping your life

Sent from my iPhone 6

using ThaiVisa app

• Like 2

Problem many times is that the "other" party drives stupidly, I believe this is the second accident in the last 7 days in Bangrak involving a water truck. Also lets not blame all on the truck driver, we don't know if the woman was drunk, had lights on, drove on the correct side of the street, etc. Anyway, RIP, its sad indeed.

sometimes its not hard to liken samui roads to a war zone.Too many cars,bikes,trucks on small narrow roads,no where to overtake,frustrated drivers and bike riders.Riding bikes late at night leaves everyone open to accidents from drunk and drug ridden riders/drivers.Definitely time to either buy a car for more protection or ride in taxi's.

Can't believe actually the whole traffic situation here. There are more vehicles on Samui than ever before, all know the amount of bad accidents and people still drive like careless maniacs. Tourists included.

Best thing would be to avoid driving at night at all, or at least with motorcycles. Or maybe avoid driving with motorcycles further than to the next supermarket, day and nighttime. A car is much better and safer for sure. I have both and before it was nicer to ride a bike in the evening for instance, we did that quite a lot. But not anymore since over 10 years. If you can't afford a car and you want to go around often, you simple have to take the risks in account, if you move here and consider, if that move is worth it. Samui is very dangerous on the roads, and that will not change.

Hi LMFAO. Been here 8 years now and only had one accident, got hit from behind by drunk Thai whilst waiting for a green. Always use my m/c when not raining, love it and feel safer. He did 140.000 Bht damage, just backed out and drove off while i was getting my phone to take photos.

Police said Mai pen lai because i have insurance !

water trucks are not small things [even the small ones]

how someone is unable to see one is a little baffling [unless its come from behind ]

and most water trucks ive seen have these great big exhaust pipes on them ?

sad accident thats for sure