Non-Immigr. O for Retirement in Penang? OR?

Hi all

Had an emergency and fly out without being able to get a re-entry permit for my retirement extension. So will have to start over. As I am in Malaysia would anybody advise on Penang or KL availability and papers needed. Or any option around this, if Malaysia not possible. Can I transform a 30 day on arrival into a Non-. >> Retirement? Funds not a problem. Or any other nearby destinations. Thank you kindly for any help. MS>

You could do a conversion from a visa exempt entry to a non immigrant visa entry based upon the requirements for an extension based upon retirement at immigration but you must do it within 15 days of entry.

It would also depend upon where you are at to be able to do it. Not all immigration offices can do them.

If convenient you could get a single entry non-o in Penang or possibly KL and then do your extension.

• Like 1

go to Penang, stay at the minigood hotel ( 100MYR) ask Arthur to do the visa for u, will get it back next day charges an extra 50 MYR but no standing in lines, no taxi back and forth,

if ur over 50 that's all u need except for application and photo

• Like 1

Final Report from Penang: Tourist Visas can still be arranged via agents, who charge 500 Baht. Non-Immigrant applications in person only. Done so today. No problems, friendly and efficient service, even asked if I wanted multiple. Charge 2'100 Baht. Get there about 8.30 and you might be first in line, prepare papers

in advance. Pick-up next day 14.00. Penang still very pleasant exotic. Great food and VERY friendly and helpful people. A real postive culture shock vs. Thailand. No scams, no overpricing. All fine during my entire trip, which included several islands and last Penang. MS>

• Like 1