Faces of Thailand

Rob8891

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was taking some photos of a parade in my village and that little girl came in front of me, crossed her hands and she wouldn't budge.

So I took her photo and showed it to her.

She seemed quite satisfied, gave me a wai and got away.

post-237730-0-89011800-1431772443_thumb.

Looks like my first contribution in this topic. Village in the mountains of Chiang Rai, scanned from slide. Is that a duby I see in his left hand? smile.png

It's about time you showed up!! wink.png

I would like to know from which part of Phuket these pictures are taken... all my photos are unnamed, so I have to remember where it was.

These, I can't, except from Phuket, westcoast... (high time to revisit...)

post-95325-14321312765561_thumb.jpg

... and landside...

post-95325-14321313202722_thumb.jpg

That's quite a bunch of faces..

Edited by Chonburiram

The woman was offering to release a bird from the cage for 20 Baht.

Outside a Wat in Khon Kaen.

The meaning of this is, you give freedom to the bird and in return you get good karma.

But it s a scam as the birds are trained to return to the cage after a little while.

post-237730-0-02265900-1432132599_thumb.

But it s a scam as the birds are trained to return to the cage after a little while.

not quite true . . a scam it may be, but the birds (usually Scaly-breasted Munia's or Tree Sparrows) once released are gone like the wind. They're wild birds, very common, very numerous throughout most of the country & very easily trapped en masse . . individually they're not 'trained to return' at all. Hope you don't mind me just clearing that one up. wink.png

I would like to know from which part of Phuket these pictures are taken... all my photos are unnamed, so I have to remember where it was.

This is very easy Lam Phom Thep. The southeast point of Phuket. You can ask any Thai about it and they will know it, as it's one of the locations of the weather forecasts.

Was hoping for your answer, oilinki, though, this is on the western side of the southeast point of Phuket?... too lazy to google earth it... we went there for sunset, so it should be in the west, right?

This is very easy Lam Phom Thep. The southeast point of Phuket. You can ask any Thai about it and they will know it, as it's one of the locations of the weather forecasts.

Was hoping for your answer, oilinki, though, this is on the western side of the southeast point of Phuket?... too lazy to google earth it... we went there for sunset, so it should be in the west, right?

Looks like this point at Phromthep Cape, a popular viewing point. Have to try and find my sunset pictures from that spot. - Google Maps

It's on the west side. I have never walked down the hill, even though there is a geocache placed by one of the Thaivisa members. Must do that trip some day.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@7.7629853,98.3085389,16z?hl=en

Thank you, very much.

What I can remember, it's very steep there... no need to go there. (except, you are still in your twenty-somethings...)