Work Permit

when I re-applied for mine, I was only given 3 months at first, I was informed that because of a huge backlog in checking people were the "Real deal" it had led to delays in issuing 12 month WP. After the 3 months, it was then extended by 9 months to give me a full year, after speaking to a number of WP holders, I found that this was pretty common and I was not to worry

Work permit now only granted for 3 months, before 2 times for 1 year ...why?

According to the rules/law, I read it shouldf be possible to get it for 1 year, which is the validity of my non-immigrant-B. See attachement.10_steps_to_One_Year_Work_permit_and_visa.doc

Anybody can comment on this?

thanks,

harry

If you look on page 5 of your work permit, at the bottom, it should read “6" months or "1 year” under work permit period.

It of course is only valid for how long your visa is. (page7) If you obtained it when you just arrived, taking in account the 10 days to process it, it would be valid for 80 days. At the end of the valid time, it needs to be revalidated by showing a new visa stamp or extension of stay consideration.

www.lawyer.th.com

Work permit now only granted for 3 months, before 2 times for 1 year ...why?

According to the rules/law, I read it shouldf be possible to get it for 1 year, which is the validity of my non-immigrant-B. See attachement.10_steps_to_One_Year_Work_permit_and_visa.doc

Anybody can comment on this?

thanks,

harry

Basically, a wp is given for one year, but.........the first wp at a new employer is given for 3 months, because you have to show the labor department and immigration some prove that your employer is paying income tax. All the extentions are given for a year.

So, after 3 months (before the experation date) you have to go the immigration and the labor department with the tax forms and they will extend wp and visa with 9 months up to 1 year.