Suthep says plundering rice warehouse is next step

webfact

Plunder the property of the government. This is a great strategy. This should set well with international foreign governments and leaders. Looting the land as announced by Suthep and he doesn't care if they add another ten years to his jail term for plunder. he will be one of the first Thais in 80 years to be accused of plunder, while it is a known fact that they have plundered Thailand's natural resources for years.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

plun·der [pluhn-der] Show IPA
verb (used with object)
to rob of goods or valuables by open force, as in war, hostile raids, brigandage, etc.: to plunder atown.
to rob, despoil, or fleece: to plunder the public treasury.
to take wrongfully, as by pillage, robbery, or fraud: to plunder a piece of property.

He expressed regret for farmers who were cheated and have to come to Bangkok to demand for the payment of their money though many of them have no money to pay for traveling cost, while others have to burrow to come here.

He then vowed to relieve their plight by calling the caretaker government to open all rice warehouses and bring all the 18 million tons of rice inside out for auction.

This would be the best and possible choice to do now, he said. But he said if this proposal was not considered, then the PDRC would have to intervene.

He came up with the idea of plundering ??? the rice warehouses and bring out all the pledged rice for sales.
Rice traders, exporters would be invited to rice auctions, saying that through this channel farmers would get paid within seven days while normal auction called would take two years.

Hardly 'the spirit of the word or the act'...'plunder'......rather....noble intentions to get some money to the farmers......

Someone needs to inform Suthep that he will have to pay the warehouses' past due bills before he "plunders" them.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Not in a lifetime would he be liable. It is a simple breach of contract voided by the state. The goods were not paid for so seizure of assets is appropriate, with all losses remaining due after sale of goods. Warehousing is just one of the items accruing under losses.

The issue is whether seizure should be by court application and order. IMO it should, but there could be legal argument suggesting otherwise.

Please can somebody stop this crazy creature .

Daily he comes up with more stupid ideas to ruin this country, how can people with even a little education are still on this criminal his side .

Why he still has followers who don't see this moron will never stop, followers and lovers who still not see that this is far over the top.

You don't need to like Taksin, neither do I, but you must be very stupid to believe that this guy will ever change Thai politics in the right way or in any way at all.

Wake up Farang and Thai Suthep followers, let him stop this insane ideas and bring him in for justice.

• Like 1

Plunder the property of the government. This is a great strategy. This should set well with international foreign governments and leaders. Looting the land as announced by Suthep and he doesn't care if they add another ten years to his jail term for plunder. he will be one of the first Thais in 80 years to be accused of plunder, while it is a known fact that they have plundered Thailand's natural resources for years.

THE Property of the government?

It's called repossession. It's what happens when someone doesn't pay for the goods exchanged under contract.

There is a "color of right" held by the farmers. It is definitely not the property of the state after no payment and seven defaults.

Someone needs to inform Suthep that he will have to pay the warehouses' past due bills before he "plunders" them.

Not in a lifetime would he be liable. It is a simple breach of contract voided by the state. The goods were not paid for so seizure of assets is appropriate, with all losses remaining due after sale of goods. Warehousing is just one of the items accruing under losses.

The issue is whether seizure should be by court application and order. IMO it should, but there could be legal argument suggesting otherwise.

I was just joking.

Looking at it seriously, the owner of the warehouse would have the right to seize the goods, assuming there was a signed contract. If not, then court order in my humble opinion.

Please can somebody stop this crazy creature .

Daily he comes up with more stupid ideas to ruin this country, how can people with even a little education are still on this criminal his side .

Why he still has followers who don't see this moron will never stop, followers and lovers who still not see that this is far over the top.

You don't need to like Taksin, neither do I, but you must be very stupid to believe that this guy will ever change Thai politics in the right way or in any way at all.

Wake up Farang and Thai Suthep followers, let him stop this insane ideas and bring him in for justice.

He's already changed it. Look at the election turnout and the percentage of no/informal votes. Some of the worst corruption seen in this country has been dragged out into the light of day and Phuea Thai are hurting over this.

I can understand many people object to his methods and are sceptical of his own rather dubious record, but whether the long term result will be positive or not remains to be seen.

Who edits this reporting? Farmers are having to burrow their way to Bangkok and Suthep may face a resurrection charge...I lol'd.

"I lol'd." Why don't you edit your post if you're so concerned about correct English?

Why not just plunder Bank of Thailand (in Bangkok), and use the cash to pay the farmers same day.

Don't have to wait 1 week.

That will be next Tuesday's announcement!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why not just plunder Bank of Thailand (in Bangkok), and use the cash to pay the farmers same day.

Don't have to wait 1 week.

This would be a criminal activity, thus not recommendable.

As would be the plundering of the rice warehouses, absolutely no difference.

i see the peaceful law abiding Suthep has missed another court appearance on his murder charge. Very soon now he will be detained for many years without trial or bail for missing his date with the judges. When will he stand up like a man and defend himself just as all other Thai's are expected to do. He has escaped prosicution on many charges in the past.

The land deal in the south, where his rich friens got the land that was destined for the poor, the cooking oil shortage, where he made a lot of money from his warehouses. this one stinks or price fixing.

i am sorry he would not do these things for personnel gain, he loves his rich friends and would not make the poor suffer.

maybe we are all worried that he will take control of his "peoples council" for no reason at all. he could solve this problem if he would present his reforms and the names of his appointed members for all to see, and was willing to negotiate. oh iam sorry again Democrates do not negotiate because they can not win. put something on the table you big mouth, and maybe you will get something in return. keep going the way you are and the Democratic Party will fall further from the hearts of all Thai's.

Suthep has asked the people to come up with who they want to see in the 'peoples council' - to my knowledge this hasnt happened yet...

By the people he means those close to his chirade...not everybody in Thailand. Last I heard he wanted a 400 strong committee of which he already had 300 names...which he refuses to list for public scrutiny. For a man holding the country at ransom you may be right to think he would have more details about his reforms for public consumption but no he just keeps moving the goalposts and claiming false victories for his dwindling band of merry clappers.

They would have had there money by now if the PTP had paid them when they said they would. 4 months ago!! This is a true indication of the contempt the PTP actually have for the poor. Actions usually speak loader than words unless of course your a UDD supporter in which case rhetoric speaks loader than actions.

They would have had there money by now if the PTP had paid them when they said they would. 4 months ago!! This is a true indication of the contempt the PTP actually have for the poor. Actions usually speak loader than words unless of course your a UDD supporter in which case rhetoric speaks loader than actions.

What on earth are you talking about - the rice wasn't even harvested 4 months ago!

Meh its a criminal act Suthep is proposing, least of all how would he regulate and ensure this would or could work ? The guys full of crap, it couldnt work even if he wanted he has no clue whos owed what... this would just turn out to be a corrupt rice grab.. ridiculous little man

Who edits this reporting? Farmers are having to burrow their way to Bangkok and Suthep may face a resurrection charge...I lol'd.

"I lol'd." Why don't you edit your post if you're so concerned about correct English?

Yeah! What important is, as long as we understand what they mean, never mind the spleling. wink.png

Who knows Suthep will be resurrected biggrin.png

They would of had their money by now if he did not protest and make things worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Absolutely no way. They were struggling with payments pre-demonstration. This is how the rice scam worked:

1. Buy all the rice from the farmers at an artificially high price.

2. Withdraw the rice from the world market, thus creating a shortage.

3. Because of this artificial shortage the world price increases to above the amount paid by the Government to the farmers.

4. Sell the rice on the world market and rake in the profits.

5. These profits are then shared between Thaksin and his cohorts as payment for their part in this scam.

6. The idea was to benefit Thaksin financially and politically (ie winning the support of the farmers) but, happily, it back fired.

Very clever, but it didn't work because instead of the price going up as Thaksin thought, other countries increased their exports.

There was no budget for this scheme and no 'what if' scenarios which means that when Thaksin's plot failed there was no money to pay the farmers.

To blame Suthep for this is conveniently stupid and far from reality.

Not to mention the millions ++ that will have been made in the commodities futures market front running the policy announcements and parsing out inventory to marginally move prices or to have them trade in a price range, which is exactly what has occurred if you check out a multi year chart for Rice.

What on earth are you talking about - the rice wasn't even harvested 4 months ago!

The rice has been sitting in warehouses for years. Payments to farmers are overdue by six to nine months long before the parliament was dissolved. The reason it is in warehouses is because the government has been unable to sell much of it.

"Rice traders, exporters would be invited to rice auctions"

Yingluck tried that and nobody appeared.

Why does he think he will succeed?

Why not, if Yingluck this time can afford a commercial loss while enjoying a political gain..

Who knows, she might agree to sell as low as U$ 250 per tonne to rice exporters. Within a week she'd have enough money to repay the debts owing the farmers.

Someone should help the farmers. If Suthep wants to help them, let him do the job. The PM has not done anything other than blaming someone else.

The question is that how Suthep can find the rice buyers. As least he came forward trying to help the farmers while Yingluch has been hiding somewhere blaming others.

It is so ugly to see that the criminal is blaming others and acts like there is nothing wrong about it.

We all know that Suthep's ultimate goal, but I wish him the best of luck with the rice farmers. If he can help them, do it.

I just wonder what the PM has been doing?

If Suthep plunders the rice not only is he stealing from the taxpayers who will eventually have to replace any monies paid out but he is also incriminating the farmers for selling stolen property. Although Suthep has no concern for his own arrest any farmer that accepts rice from him would be considered an accomplis and their lives ruined. So who us he really helping?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If Suthep plunders the rice not only is he stealing from the taxpayers who will eventually have to replace any monies paid out but he is also incriminating the farmers for selling stolen property. Although Suthep has no concern for his own arrest any farmer that accepts rice from him would be considered an accomplis and their lives ruined. So who us he really helping?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

there is no jails big enough to house a few million people so good luck trying to throw the farmers in jail

if they do decide to take back their rice by force and sell it by auction .......

I presume that the Rice is stored in warehouses in or near where it is produced - outside central Bangkok and Sutheps fiefdom in the south.

Notwithstanding Yinglucks difficulties with the farmers, I would suspect that Suthep and his merry men would be less than welcome in that part of the world.

There would be no need for Chalerm to dress up as Inspector Clouseau in order to apprehend Suthep.

I doubt Suthep will go anywhere near the rice warehouses.

I doubt whether any of his hired thugs ( sorry, I meant PDRC Guards) would fancy chancing it off their home turf either.

He said a longer jail term of 10 years on plundering warehouse charge made no difference to life imprison on resurrection charge if he lost in the protest and was arrested.

So its official, he is the Messiah.

whats moldy rice worth these days?

even rats probably wouldnt eat mouldy rice which will be a major factor

in any bulk purchasing decison from another country

nobody will buy a few thousand tonnes of rice if theyre not sure if its 1 or 2

or maybe even 3 year old rice

i think its going to be hard to sell after its " plundered "