dynamic balancing motorcycle wheels

namdocmai

http://www.ride-on.com/motorcycle-formula-mot.html

This ride-on looks great! even better then the beads! I will see if my dealer will import that for me (and others). If not i will ask some friend in the US to bring it for me.

I had a friend mail it to me. Be careful about having somebody bring it -- if from the US. It is non-flammable, and should be no problem. But that goddamned TSA just confiscates things without thinking much -- they just grab. I have lost a lot of stuff to them. Once they took a brand new one liter aluminum fuel can. It had all the labels and tags on it, receipt taped to the side and cap off -- no odors, never used. They took it anyway.

This ride-on looks great! even better then the beads! I will see if my dealer will import that for me (and others). If not i will ask some friend in the US to bring it for me.

I had a friend mail it to me. Be careful about having somebody bring it -- if from the US. It is non-flammable, and should be no problem. But that goddamned TSA just confiscates things without thinking much -- they just grab. I have lost a lot of stuff to them. Once they took a brand new one liter aluminum fuel can. It had all the labels and tags on it, receipt taped to the side and cap off -- no odors, never used. They took it anyway.

I have some friends who go to the USA soon so i will let them bring it. I had packages opened by the Thai postal service but nothing has been missing so far.

Maybe they liked that fuel can that you ordered, Somchai could use it for his motorbike i guess. Or maybe it was damaged and they trhew it away?

If anybody know where to buy this in Thailand then let me know please by pm, i really want to have this. Punctures is something i want to stop forever that's why i bought the SH after all. If i feel something strange on the bike i always check my tires but most of the time it is caused by the crappy roads.

• Like 1

I've heard lots of bad reports from state side friends who have been ripped off by a few thieving TSA a'holes.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

I have some friends who go to the USA soon so i will let them bring it. I had packages opened by the Thai postal service but nothing has been missing so far.

Maybe they liked that fuel can that you ordered, Somchai could use it for his motorbike i guess. Or maybe it was damaged and they trhew it away?

If anybody know where to buy this in Thailand then let me know please by pm, i really want to have this. Punctures is something i want to stop forever that's why i bought the SH after all. If i feel something strange on the bike i always check my tires but most of the time it is caused by the crappy roads.

I apparently did not express myself very well.

I have NEVER had ANY problem with the Thai Postal Service. They are golden. The problem was with people carrying things for me in their luggage FROM the US. When TSA (Transportation Security Administration, part of the Department of Homeland Security) inspects the luggage before it leaves the US airport, they indiscriminately confiscate anything they do not recognize or understand. In other words, a bottle of shampoo will get through -- they recognize it; a bottle of Ride-On may not -- they don't know what it is and will NOT take time to read the label or research it in any way. It was TSA the took my fuel can -- not Thai Post. TSA took it out of my luggage at the US airport. They left a note that said something about hydrocarbons not being allowed (though the can was brand new and clean). They also confiscated "mosquito biscuits," which are non-toxic and non-flammable. They look like compacted sawdust in a donut shape. I included the EPA data sheet, but it did not help. If they don't recognize it; they take it.

When I have friends MAIL Ride-On to me, I ALWAYS get it, no problem. I have never lost ANYTHING to Thai Post, and have brought in tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff over the years.

By the way, Ride-On works very well, but it will not prevent EVERY puncture. There is no way to know how many punctures it prevented for me, because when a puncture is prevented nothing happens. But I have had an occasional flat. I have found that it is better to use just a little more than what is recommended on the label.

I got one flat riding south on the highway out of Chiangmai, approaching Lampang. Unfortunately it was raining hard. I saw nothing in the road and felt nothing, but had a big hole in my tire, as if I had hit a board with a nail sticking out that ripped the rubber a little. I was able to repair it on the side of the road well enoungh to get home (good thing I had a pump and repair kit on board). But given the slight tear in the rubber, I had to replace the tire.

By the way, if somebody feels enterprising, they could become a dealer for Ride-On in Thailand. I have other fish to fry, but sure would love it if we had a local dealer. I think there is a link to contact on the Ride-On website.

Now i see, I thought TSA was something Thai, I am european and live in BKK so i don't understand all the american short words.

Well i will mail my dealer right now and ask him if he can order that Ride on for me. I bet he has never heard of it. Yes somebody should become a dealer for this product, i will be a customer for sure. Maybe also for the car of my wife. Here in BKK you don't want to have a puncture in the traffic jam and sure not if you are a lady.

The roads are so bad here that many friends who have alluminium rims on their cars totally crashed them in holes on the roads. The rims were broken by that and had to be replaced. That's why they all buy SUV's now here, bigger wheels are better on crappy roads. There is so much construction and landfill going on that those huge trucks damage all the roads.

• Like 1

By the way, if somebody feels enterprising, they could become a dealer for Ride-On in Thailand. I have other fish to fry, but sure would love it if we had a local dealer. I think there is a link to contact on the Ride-On website.

Here in BKK you don't want to have a puncture in the traffic jam and sure not if you are a lady.

The roads are so bad here that many friends who have alluminium rims on their cars totally crashed them in holes on the roads. The rims were broken by that and had to be replaced. That's why they all buy SUV's now here, bigger wheels are better on crappy roads. There is so much construction and landfill going on that those huge trucks damage all the roads.

One can buy tire Sealant in Tesco. For that occasional puncture.

Some of the sealants are pretty nasty when you have to take off the tire. I remember the Green Slime they had in the US. It worked; very effective. However, it was nasty. A lot of shops posted signs that said, "We will not change tires that have been treated with Green Slime." Ride-On is water soluble and environmentally friendly. Easy clean-up. The one they have a Tesco maybe , too.

Oh i see, i will check that one at Tesco first then. I don't change the tires myself and if a Thai has to do it for me i will give him some extra money if it is a dirty job. My dealer should sell me the good one if he doesn't like to change the slimey stuff. He said no garage in BKK can fix a tire for this bike, i think he even didn't know they are tubeless. That sais enough about his knowledge i guess.

It is true though that they don't have 16 inch tires in the motorbikeshops. The 16 inch wheels ride so much more comfortable that i don't understand why they all buy the pcx with them small rims.

I just got some nice new Michelin Street Pilot tires for my 2008 CBR150R from Pattaya Tire. 2600baht.

They did the spin balance on the big machine, and applied some red rim tape that I brought in, for no addition charge.

They added 45 grams of weights to the rear wheel, which seems like a lot.

I suspect I would have given up handling performance if I had skipped the balancing.

This is the shop on north Sukumvit, on the west side, ~1km north of Pattaya Bankok hospital, with the big red MAXXIS sign on top.

Good careful service and manager speaks passable English.

Ride safe.

I just got some nice new Michelin Street Pilot tires for my 2008 CBR150R from Pattaya Tire. 2600baht.

They did the spin balance on the big machine, and applied some red rim tape that I brought in, for no addition charge.

I suspect I would have given up handling performance if I had skipped the balancing.

This is the shop on north Sukumvit, on the west side, ~1km north of Pattaya Bankok hospital, with the big red MAXXIS sign on top.

Ride safe.

Yesterday i asked the shops in Saphan kwai for michelins 16 inch for the Honda SH but they only had them 100 wide and i need 120. They can't order them as well.

Well i have new tires but want to know where i can buy them of the shelf or order them in case i need them.

Edited by namdocmai

Ride safe.

Yesterday i asked the shops in Saphan kwai for michelins 16 inch for the Honda SH but they only had them 100 wide and i need 120. They can't order them as well.

Well i have new tires but want to know where i can buy them of the shelf or order them in case i need them.

Try China town, they have many tyre shops and there isn't much they don't have.

Ride safe.

Try China town, they have many tyre shops and there isn't much they don't have.

http://www.saikourubber.com/index.php?page=product&productid=1386&category=1

This site is better, i just found it.

Last year i needed a special circuit breaker for my house, homepro and so didn't have that heavy one from 40 amps. I found a shop in Chinatown who could get it in 5 minutes he said. After 5 minutes he came back and sold it to me. I let a thai electrician put it in my fusebox at home and after 5 months the thing burned out while i was abroad!

So no more chinatown for me, i guess it was a copy one or whatever it was, not the real deal from Bticino. Or that electrician didn't screw the connector tight enough, is also possible but anyway no more chinatown for me. Only for cheap copy copy tshirts maybe 55.

Even my honda dealer can't order the tires he said, this website can send them by EMS! I feel like being home now wai.gif