Army surplus shop

TheAceFace

Don't know of any in Pattaya but there are two outside of town that I know of:

One shop on the South Bound carriageway of Sukhumvit just before Ban Ampur another on the Northbound carriageway of Sukhumvit in Sattahip.

Maybe someone knows one in town.

Don't know of any in Pattaya but there are two outside of town that I know of:

One shop on the South Bound carriageway of Sukhumvit just before Ban Ampur another on the Northbound carriageway of Sukhumvit in Sattahip.

Maybe someone knows one in town.

Nice one Rimmer,

The one regarding the south bound road, is that before the entrance to Ban Ampur beach and is it on the left hand side coming up from Pattaya?

Thanks again, will check it out when I am back from work.

If you have been in there, can you recall seeing any parkas?

there is also a dealer in front of the soi 8 police station. he usually stocks handcuffs and things like gun holsters, but he orders everything you'll need. you have to check his small stall isn't open everyday.very reasonable pricing and good gear though!

Edited by JakeBKK

Thanks Guy's

I will check them all out when I am back. For the Parkas I doubt the one near Soi 8 will have them, but I will ask. I am after an original one, so hoping the Army surplus will have them. M51 or M48 ideally is what I am after.

Thanks again for the replies. I will report back if I get lucky.

Out of curiosity I had a look for what a M51 parka would look like but Google came up with a lot of different ones, did you mean something like this?

932-1819.jpg

Brings back memories, I used to wear one of those in the seventies, combined with one of these

Shemagh_Kefiyeh_Arabic_head_scarf_Arafat

Happy days. :)

Out of curiosity I had a look for what a M51 parka would look like but Google came up with a lot of different ones, did you mean something like this?

932-1819.jpg

Brings back memories, I used to wear one of those in the seventies, combined with one of these

Shemagh_Kefiyeh_Arabic_head_scarf_Arafat

Happy days. smile.png

HI Phil

The M51 or M48 I am after is the hooded type Parka with fishtail and inner lining.......The ones Mods used to wear....and still do. I can get them online from the UK but have also been told it is possible to get them here.

Too much hassle to get one over on line and probably alot more expensive than what they have here if I can find one.

An original M48 can go for anything upto 700 quid.

• 1 year later...

You can find used US Army clothing at Chatuchak weekend market in Bangkok. I have seen the M51 jackets there, with and without lining, the thick cotton cold weather lining with sleeves is attached with zipper, and M51 is always hooded, hood can hidden in zipped collar.

I have M51, and it is almost my favorite parka, one thing.. The hood is thin thin, so it can fit inside the collar, so M51 is not a great cold weather jacket.

For cold weather nothing beats N2B and N3B Alpha Industries Flight jacket, Alpha makes theses for US forces, there are many, many copies, I haven't seen any that comes close to Alpha quality.

They are so nice.. N2B is short pilot jacket, it is short and excellent when driving. N3B is longer, and thus even warmer. Both have fur like hoodie lining, and hoodie zips up to South Park Kenny look lol. For cold, windy weather only professional hiking gear can compete with those Alpha jackets.

At Chatuchak Alpha B2N goes for around 3000 baht, used legit US flight jackets.

post-225090-0-44694800-1448730924_thumb.

post-225090-0-30785100-1448730973_thumb.