Any update on the Redbull's heir ?

anthobkk

Hi, do you have any update about this guy ? I can't find anything online except that an arrest warrant will be issued....but I highly doubt that this guy will spend a single day in jail.

I asked a thai friend who told me "Thai are easy to forget, we talk about it a lot for about 2 weeks then it's done and this guy will live as a freeman since he has money"

• 1 year later...

Probably nothing.

When you get to a certain level of wealth in Thailand, you can afford to operate and live your life outside of the law.

Money talks, and talks loudly in Thailand, we should all know this by now.

true, but there is always someone with more money then you.

the sad thing - the amount paid out to the officers family was truly a pittance..

It's not surprising that he will not be punished, the the whole sequence of events was over the top even for Thai standards. Especially once the cocaine usage came to light (for a week only?) and then disappeared again. Ah well one of many evading justice.. Mean while innocent people are locked up for LM charges, Karen activist "Billy" is still disappeared, those grandparents are locked up for picking mushrooms, Cambodians are being burned alive on the border.. an so on. Human rights still have a long way to go, as well as the value of a life. Not sure how this will come about, but perhaps a constructive dialogue may contribute to positive change. Sadly it seems if these cases do not involve money, importance, or influence, they just don't register as important.. not with the government, and not with the public majority as well it seems.

• Like 1

Two options spring to mind - still in Singapore on 'business' or a late night charter flight touching down in Chiang Mai and a slight figure being whisked through the airport into a limo. Someone with access to that kind of money could be anywhere he wants to be in SE Asia but it was the look of utter contempt on his face when he was initially arrested that said it all re the Thai 'justice' system. Someone mentioned the victims earlier - fair point, but surely that list has to include the Thai people. Indonesia is slammed here as the most corrupt country in the region, but they eventually jailed Tommy Suharto for (some of) his crimes - granted, he served 4 of the 15 years laid out in the initial sentence, but that's 4 more years than our Red Bull heir will serve. If the General was serious about Thailand's future, he would face this head on - I just dont see that happening.

Shame you only show interest in rich idiot drivers, an not poor drunk drivers who kill and disappear weekly of the Radar. Pure Envy. Why not ask how the Victims are today.

if he gets his due then that will be justice for the victims. You know maybe the op cares enough to want to know if this little shit goes to the monkey house or not. you are too quick to judge the op "ace of pop"

the sad thing - the amount paid out to the officers family was truly a pittance..

Better than if they got hit by a poor person.

Hard to say - did they tell you this?

I believe it was 2 million B pay out (can't remember) but no justice served. If a poor person had been responsible for dragging the family's loved one down Sukhumwit road while coked up and drunk - they may had be content with the person facing justice and going to prison. IE, speeding, vehicular manslaughter, leaving scene of accident, drunk driving, driving while under influence of narcotics, probably possession of narcotics, blah blah blah all that could make for a long prison sentence.

Now I could understand the money approach if they had gotten real money, but..

• Like 1

What he needs to do is drive his Ferrari in a similar manner in Singapore.

I'm guessing, and that's all we can do, that the remainder of the family have taken steps to limit the amount of time he spends behind the wheel. Let's face it, he could have the penthouse in any hotel in Singapore, any number of sex and drug orgies etc etc, but most who live that life eventually succumb to it. if I read the Wikipedia entry correctly, his brothers seem to be serious business people : the last thing they would want is Junior soiling the family's name any further than he already has. Must be tough being chaffeured around Sillypore in a Bentley while your Ferrari sits in whatever garage its been hidden in.

• 1 month later...

How right you are ,my sons friend who he went to school with is the grandson of one of the richest guys here in Pattaya ,once he finishes uni ,he will be starting at the bottom of the buisness to learn from the bottom up ,he can only borrow ,a car ,he does not own one , and to be honest he is one of the least spoilt young men you could wish for ,always polite when he is in our home ,one day he will be very rich ,but the work ethic has been instiled in him from when he was young

• Like 1