Driving from Pattaya to BORK ok or not?

Gone

BORK meaning the Bridge over the River Kwai.

I have a friend here now that has a 2 week holiday and one place he wants me to take him is to BORK, then after to Koh Chang etc.

Im not sure if this would be the right forum to ask in or maybe the mods think it might be better in the Bkk forum?

I have GPS etc and know that I can use the Bkk bipass but with the farmers etc and the road blocks I would sure like to know if this is feasable or not?

Thanks in advance for any help or thoughts.

Go to Bkk and follow the expressway leaving to Yommerat. After the stadium turn left and at the traffic lights before Democracy monument turn right to the bridge. After the bridge take the exit for the elevated road and that will drop you onto the 4 which will take you past Nakon Pathom and then after a whilr you will see the signposts for Kanchanaburi. When you get to Kan go through the town turning left after the cemetary. Turn right and that will lead you to the road with all the farang bars. At the end of the road is the bridge.

Go to Bkk and follow the expressway leaving to Yommerat. After the stadium turn left and at the traffic lights before Democracy monument turn right to the bridge. After the bridge take the exit for the elevated road and that will drop you onto the 4 which will take you past Nakon Pathom and then after a whilr you will see the signposts for Kanchanaburi. When you get to Kan go through the town turning left after the cemetary. Turn right and that will lead you to the road with all the farang bars. At the end of the road is the bridge.

Why bother. The bridge hasnt existed for years,if you mean the one build durying the war.

Thank you for that but I do know how to get to Kanchanaburi already. My question really with the road closures, does anyone know if these hi-ways will be closed or.......?

Why bother. The bridge hasnt existed for years,if you mean the one build durying the war.

If you read my OP I said that my friend wants to visit there. It is still a tourist spot in case you didn't know.

Another reason to "bother" is because Kanchanaburi is a very beautiful place.

Hasn't existed? Do you have "Google"?

That is a terrible way to go, better round the west side of no. 9 road until you come to the Suphan Buri turn off, 340, not far up that road take the 346 to Bang Len and stay on that road all the way to Kan, half the time of the Nakon Pathom way!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

For me, I just type in Kanchanaburi into my GPS, Include tollways and listen to whatever she tells me to do. Always works the best lol. Just wondering about road blocks on route.

If you read my OP I said that my friend wants to visit there. It is still a tourist spot in case you didn't know.

Another reason to "bother" is because Kanchanaburi is a very beautiful place.

Hasn't existed? Do you have "Google"?

Been there many times, so I did know. Whats google got to do with the price of eggs?

I suggest taking the Nakhon Pathom way as you can make a short visit the tallest pagoda in the world then, that impress most tourists. No problems on that road now as just has been renovated...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If you are happy with a 5 hour drive and 200 sets of traffic lights, chap on!

I've not heard of any road blocks heading that way. As for GPS, I've had some really ridiculous routes proposed. But, if you don't know better, it's the only way to go! Unfortunately.

We love Kanchanaburi. Very beautiful place with many things to see.

I've not heard of any road blocks heading that way. As for GPS, I've had some really ridiculous routes proposed. But, if you don't know better, it's the only way to go! Unfortunately.

We love Kanchanaburi. Very beautiful place with many things to see.

Very true. Some are actually ridiculously funny and not always good when entering the "Big City" but I have TomTom Thailand on my iPad and it is pretty good.

I'll give you a call Craig and maybe you can give me some advice on Kanchanaburi. My buddies main thing is the BORK but I have told him that the entire area is also beautiful.

I have been driving in Thailand for 13 years now and just today tried to take my friend to the River Kwai. The GPS does not see all the road blocks and we tried every way possible after 3 hours of driving around but because of all the road blocks we couldn't even get through Bkk.

I also lived and drove in Bkk for 5 years so I'm not a newby. I had to stop at a police blockade and talk to the cops & Army guys and explaind that my GPS was just getting us into "no go" places and even after recalibrating it was useless.

My buddy and especially ME being the driver were so bloody discouraged all we wanted to do was get back on hwy 7 back towards Pattaya then head to Koh Chang. I I really wanted to do at that point was drink about 10,000 bottles of Rum !!!!!!

For awhile at least now I would suggest staying clear of Bkk areas (or throughways) and stick to South or East of Bkk

I have been driving in Thailand for 13 years now and just today tried to take my friend to the River Kwai. The GPS does not see all the road blocks and we tried every way possible after 3 hours of driving around but because of all the road blocks we couldn't even get through Bkk.

I also lived and drove in Bkk for 5 years so I'm not a newby. I had to stop at a police blockade and talk to the cops & Army guys and explaind that my GPS was just getting us into "no go" places and even after recalibrating it was useless.

My buddy and especially ME being the driver were so bloody discouraged all we wanted to do was get back on hwy 7 back towards Pattaya then head to Koh Chang. I I really wanted to do at that point was drink about 10,000 bottles of Rum !!!!!!

For awhile at least now I would suggest staying clear of Bkk areas (or throughways) and stick to South or East of Bkk

You clearly have no experience driving in Thailand and Bangkok in specific, as going from River kwai to Pattaya, you don't even come in the vicinity of Bangkok city, as you take the highway around it