Local chefs/cooks toilet sink behaviour?

Khon Thai Ben Khon Dee

It should be noted that urine is a sterile liquid and devoid of pathogens

Only while it's inside, soon as it touches the air or your skin look out, all those scary creepy crawlies are swarming. 8-)

Urine collected from circumcised men is usually also sterile owing to the absence of the foreskin, which is colonized by bacteria at high density.

Just looked up the global rates per country, and Thailand's men are 87% uncircumcised.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought some peeled fruit on the market and was amazed to see the lady wearing plastic gloves. But when she takes the money she still uses the same gloves.clap2.gif

Looked at the butchers on the market, they also wear the gloves, but again when taking/giving money they still wear them gloves. whistling.gif

Look when personell in restaurants have to sneeze, yes in their hand which are wiped on their pants. blink.png

Ever seen the personell squeezing pimples behind the counter? Did they wash their hands after that? giggle.gif

Here in our local restaurant i even see them change baby diapers on the counter where the food is prepared, of course no washing hands. thumbsup.gif

Welcome to Thailand.

• Like 1

Welcome to Thailand !

Food Hygiene hub of the world........

Just for the record: I see plenty of foreigners not washing their hands after using the toilet. I remember this guy shouting at his kid to not waste time with washing his mitts.....

Strange, I cannot recall seeing this even once. huh.png

Obviously not going to a lot of toilets. I am not sure I can link, but according to a study:

A nation of soap dodgers? One in five people don't wash their hands after using the loo and 10% only splash their fingers with water
  • About 40 per cent of people wash their hands for less than 10 seconds - but it takes 20 seconds of washing with soap for effective cleaning
  • Men are twice as likely to wash without using soap or hand wash
  • Almost 10% of people surf the internet while on the loo, transmitting bacteria to their phones

I lived in UK.

As a woman, I have queued in restrooms of IKEA, malls, supermarkets, restaurants,bars, night clubs and so forth.

I have noticed that

in UK you queue 3 times : for the toilet cubicle, for the sink, and the dryer.

Here you only queue once, for cubicle because people spend much more time using the mirror than the sink, and I have never queued for hand dryer here, as NO ONE ever uses them

• Like 2

What about the eggs? The USDA says don't buy eggs not under refrigeration in the supermarket. So how many of you come from countries where eggs are not refrigerated in the market? You are all gonna die. Or.........

Eggs, i believe for the most part are safe.

You can leave them out cooked or uncooked for weeks or months.

Incredible packaging they have.

What about the eggs? The USDA says don't buy eggs not under refrigeration in the supermarket. So how many of you come from countries where eggs are not refrigerated in the market? You are all gonna die. Or.........

Eggs, i believe for the most part are safe.

You can leave them out cooked or uncooked for weeks or months.

Incredible packaging they have.

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/egg-products-preparation/shell-eggs-from-farm-to-table/ct_index

Why should eggs be refrigerated?

Temperature fluctuation is critical to safety. With the concern about Salmonella, eggs gathered from laying hens should be refrigerated as soon as possible. After eggs are refrigerated, they need to stay that way. A cold egg left out at room temperature can sweat, facilitating the movement of bacteria into the egg and increasing the growth of bacteria. Refrigerated eggs should not be left out more than 2 hours.

• Like 1

I lived in UK.

As a woman, I have queued in restrooms of IKEA, malls, supermarkets, restaurants,bars, night clubs and so forth.

I have noticed that

in UK you queue 3 times : for the toilet cubicle, for the sink, and the dryer.

Here you only queue once, for cubicle because people spend much more time using the mirror than the sink, and I have never queued for hand dryer here, as NO ONE ever uses them

If you ever used them yourself here you would none of them work.biggrin.png

Welcome to Thailand !

Just for the record: I see plenty of foreigners not washing their hands after using the toilet. I remember this guy shouting at his kid to not waste time with washing his mitts.....

Off topic Mr. apologist. Read the title ie." Local"

• Like 1

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/egg-products-preparation/shell-eggs-from-farm-to-table/ct_index

Temperature fluctuation is critical to safety. With the concern about Salmonella, eggs gathered from laying hens should be refrigerated as soon as possible. After eggs are refrigerated, they need to stay that way. A cold egg left out at room temperature can sweat, facilitating the movement of bacteria into the egg and increasing the growth of bacteria. Refrigerated eggs should not be left out more than 2 hours.

What a crock.

I've never refrigerated eggs in my life, nor did my parents.

Sometimes a week or more, never have a problem.

• Like 1

What a crock.

I've never refrigerated eggs in my life, nor did my parents.

Sometimes a week or more, never have a problem.

You would be the first American I have ever met who did not refrigerate eggs. What country did you grow up in?

Welcome to Thailand !

Off topic Mr. apologist. Read the title ie." Local"

I forgot: never deviate from the OP, Mr. Thai-Basher.

You would be the first American I have ever met who did not refrigerate eggs. What country did you grow up in?

New York, but what's geography got to do with anything?

I've already stated very clearly I think the American germ-phobic fetish for over-sterilization has caused many public health problems not found in other countries.

In most earlier-developed environments you have to consciously stress your immune system by exposing yourself and your family to pathogens in order to keep it strong.

Here in Thailand you just live like the locals and that healthy aspect gets taken care of for you without having to do anything special.

• Like 1

can I get some info on the ADD/ADHD part? I want to show it to some friends.

I've already stated very clearly I think the American germ-phobic fetish for over-sterilization has caused many public health problems not found in other countries.

In most earlier-developed environments you have to consciously stress your immune system by exposing yourself and your family to pathogens in order to keep it strong.

Here in Thailand you just live like the locals and that healthy aspect gets taken care of for you without having to do anything special.

Climate, presumably.

Put a few eggs in a cupboard in Death Valley and a few in New York for a few weeks and come back to them.

NYC gets plenty hot in summer, only lived there first 12 years anyway.

15 years in Thailand, 10 in Oz always done the same.

Fighting germs is not the way to good health.

Don't have hard evidence, who's going to pay for such research? Science now nearly fully corrupted by corporate interests, particularly medical sphere by big pharma. . .

I guess the chief very likes to serve to higher mid-so.

Look at my story from today.

The Mall Bankapi, ground level, something "cinebon" BS brand. I got an idiot idea, I saw the cafe amazon and thougth I try a cinemon snail for my "capu yen". A girl worked with raw dough, she wore rubber gloves like the doctors in emergency room. She recognized me, came there, gave me my order, than took banknote, gave back coins and went back to her dough work. She didn't remove her gloves ... I guess if she goes to toilet same procedure and she is very happy cause her hand were protected by rubber gloves....

Edited by Loles

Put the coins directly in your mouth and suck on them, bills too if you like.

If you're healthy you won't get any ill effects at all other than a bad taste.

Really, find some real problems to whine about!