Retirement visa question

Hi All

I recently went onto a retirement visa.

I just did my first 90 day reporting, but went 2 weeks early.

No problems got the paper clipped into the rear of my passport.

Question I have is

If I keep going 2 weeks early will I have to renew my retirement visa in less than 11 months time? Or can I report a additional forth time within the current visa year and just get another 4 weeks added?

Riki

Does your immigration office accept 90-day reporting by mail? If so, you should then only need to visit them once a year - at retirement extension of stay time.

Generally speaking, 90-day reports should be mailed no later than 15 days before the due date.

90 day reporting has nothing to do with the length of your visa or extension, a good officer will point this out to you when doing extension of stay.

"...a good officer will point this out to you when doing extension of stay."

I agree that the two have nothing to do with each other, but why would an Immigrations officer say anything about 90 day reports when you go for an annual extension?

To the original question posed by the O/P, each time you successful apply for an extension of stay, you will get an additional year added on. It will not be affected by the date you apply. So if your extension is valid until 15 March 2014, your next extension will be valid until 15 March 2015 ... assuming you keep renewing each year.

The 90 day report is just that. Every 90 days that you are in the country from the last time you reported or re-entered the country, you must report. It has nothing to do with the extension of stay. The new 90 day count starts from the day you report this time or, if you leave the country, it's 90 days from when you come back into the country.

Edited by Suradit69

"...a good officer will point this out to you when doing extension of stay."

I agree that the two have nothing to do with each other, but why would an Immigrations officer say anything about 90 day reports when you go for an annual extension?

I think during the annual extension you sign a piece of paper acknowledging that you must do 90 day address reporting....and I've had an immigration verbally mentioned that once or twice when doing my annual extension/signing the papers they throw in front of you at Bangkok Immigration.

At the small office that I use when I do my yearly extension the offficer puts in a new 90 day report form starting on that day and trashes the old one no matter how many days are left. Makes sense to me!

Edited by wayned

At the small office that I use when I do my yearly extension the offficer puts in a new 90 day report form starting on that day and trashes the old one no matter how many days are left. Makes sense to me!

I've never struck that before.The dates of my 90 day reporting and the visa extension never coincide and as stated by previous posts in this thread,those dates for reporting have nothing to do with each other.