Police checkpoint gun battle

Lite Beer

Police checkpoint gun battle
The Sunday Nation

KRABI: -- A gunfight between two suspected drug dealers and highway police in Krabi's Neu Klong district early yesterday morning ended with one injury. The car the dealers were travelling in crashed into a ditch after a tyre was shot out.

A male occupant of the car was seriously injured and arrested at the scene while the second man escaped.

The men reportedly shot at police manning a checkpoint in tambon Huai Yung at 12.30am in a bid to evade police.

Police returned fire, hitting the car's rear tyre and causing the driver to loose control, with the vehicle overturning and ending up in a roadside ditch.

One of the men reportedly fired on police and ran into a nearby wooded area.

The injured man, who has been identified as Sitthichai Krainara, 29, was taken to hospital.

Police seized a .38 pistol and 35 bullets, an AK-47 assault rifle and 57 bullets, 793 'yaba' pills, 361 grams of crystal meth and a list with the names of drug customers.

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.DZvwah7W-x.
-- The Nation 2014-02-09

Glad the police were not hurt, sounds like good police training and marksmanship.

More like good luck.

I was told they have to pay for their bullets, so not much practice.

Back in my Eurodays I used to shoot at least 1000 holes in bits of cardboard every month. That came to some 7,000 Baht, and I would not consider myself to be more than a reasonably good shooter.

I wonder just how much shooting practice the BIB's actually put in?