How To Remove "Speedupmycomputer"

Neeranam

I use 'revo uninstaller' which can also force uninstall programs. When the program's built in uninstaller has finished you can look for what is left over, there is always a surprising load of cr"p left over. If that doesn't work I have in the past done a search for the offending program in 'regedit' and deleted all references. You may want to do a search for any junk files while you're at it, also using Revo Uninstaller..

By the way, Google said there were 162.000.000 more reults.

But none of them work.

I can't test it as I don't have spyware on my computer, but if you're aware that none of them work, then why you suggested it yourself ?

By the way, I very much doubt that Malwarebytes isn't able to remove it.

Edited by JesseFrank

From the links given above note that 'speadupmycomputer' and 'speeedupmypc' are different programs by samrttweak and uniblue respectively

Speedupmycomputer does not appear to be difficult to remove, use of Revo (as said) should take care of it.

The problem might be any additional bits of junk ie tool bars etc that were installed when speedupmycomputer was initially run.

These will have to be identified and removed separately.

Edit to add... scan with Malwarebytes and/or Superantispyware may be useful. or your own favourite.

Edited by ThaidDown
  • Like 1

But none of them work.

I can't test it as I don't have spyware on my computer, but if you're aware that none of them work, then why you suggested it yourself ?

read post #3.

But none of them work.

read post #3.

If there are so many results all from renowned software developers then I think it can be safely considered to be working .

Post #8 even explains that it is a pretty easy process.

Edited by JesseFrank

Well, I couldn't get the google things to work but the malwarebytes did - thanks for all the helpful posts.

Malwarebytes is a superb piece of software. I have the pro version, which has online protection and malicious website blocking , on my computer for years and never have a problem with spyware.

I see frequently a pop up to warn me about a malicious website, and when downloading torrents the pop ups that it has blocked a malicious IP address access to my computer are countless. Doesn't slow down the torrent speed though.

Edited by JesseFrank

I use 'revo uninstaller' which can also force uninstall programs. When the program's built in uninstaller has finished you can look for what is left over, there is always a surprising load of cr"p left over. If that doesn't work I have in the past done a search for the offending program in 'regedit' and deleted all references. You may want to do a search for any junk files while you're at it, also using Revo Uninstaller..

My vote goes for Revo Uninstaller.

It has a right click menu option to "install with Revo" that monitors the install for easy uninstalling.

I use that option whenever trying some program that I'm not sure off so can get rid of it easily,

smile.png