Ipod 5g/60gb Video - Few Questions

h5n1

im looking for a free encoder (or crack for xilisoft), i want to encode avi, wmv, mpg files - not dvd. does anyone have a link to videora that allows the full download in which one does not have to download in two parts (first 6+mb, then XXmb online).

is there any way to add photos/video if one is not maintaining a library on a computer?

any way to organize photos/video in the ipod (filename, directories) with standard pkg???

if i make the library on portable removable drive and assgn it drive "Z", direct the library on to this drive, create library - bring it to a new machine, reassgn drive letter to Z (its possible though many internet shops i wont have access toadmin svcs though eh?) - i should be able to work with the library yes?

has anyone configured standard 3 plug rca jack with jplug to work ipod-tv? ive read it will work by swapping in-outs

any issues with video out using ntsc out (in thailand) assuming tv is ntsc playback - i dont want to have 2 sets of video clips (pal/ntsc).

latest full anapod and patch, anyone?? ive heard its worth a try and i dont mind dropping b800 but here it has its problems. id like to try it first - also people forget, no tech support in thailand.

Edited by h5n1

Not quite sure what you are trying to achieve, and my experience is with 4G "photo" ipod, but:

Managing files directly in directories rather than with iTunes is not a problem. You just need to uncheck the "let itunes synchronize files" box and add/replace files yourself.

Also, PAL/NTSC is a software setting on the iPod, independent of the encoding system you use. That shouldn't be a problem as long as you have the correct cables.

As for cross-ripping software, I am not an expert, and would just use iMovie myself.

hi thanks. no, thats not it... has nothing to do with manual/sync

i tunes does not have directories ie: c:\ipod\photos\myphotos\photoA

im only playing around with music at the moment but it appears that file names at least at the thumbnail level are not even visible.

dude- cables are same but the frame rate is different. strike two. the caveat is if one can use as i stated -- ntsc playback as many asian tv's have this. but say in europe youd most likely have to have at minimum if lucky pal playback and maybe video formatted/framed for pal.

imovie? is this the apple pig that moves slower than a taksin resignation? that thing encodes slooooo.

thanks for the effort