Paradon to arrest Suthep should opportunity arise

webfact

"Moreover, officials need to be vigilant not to allow the current protesting farmers to join forces with the PDRC demonstrators, as the two groups have very different objectives."

Yeah, right, that's why you don't want them to join up.

And we're expected to believe that the two groups have different objectives?? funny I thought the rice farmers and the protesters wanted the government out of office? Seems like the same objective to me. PTP must have given up on Chalerms promise to arrest suthep as well.whistling.gif

No, the farmers want paying for their rice. suthep wants to overthrow a legallly elected government and install an unelected peoples council. The two objectives couldn't be more different.

Until suthep cynically adopted their "cause" and offered to pay lawyers fees, the farmers wanted nothing to do with suthep

Prasit Boonchoey, head of the Thai Rice Farmers Association, denied they were backing anti-government protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban.

“This is a farmers’ problem and we won’t be joining Suthep’s protest. We are just calling for what is ours, which is the money the government should pay us,” he told Reuters.

"Moreover, officials need to be vigilant not to allow the current protesting farmers to join forces with the PDRC demonstrators, as the two groups have very different objectives."

Yeah, right, that's why you don't want them to join up.

And we're expected to believe that the two groups have different objectives?? funny I thought the rice farmers and the protesters wanted the government out of office? Seems like the same objective to me. PTP must have given up on Chalerms promise to arrest suthep as well.whistling.gif

No, the farmers want paying for their rice. suthep wants to overthrow a legallly elected government and install an unelected peoples council. The two objectives couldn't be more different.

Until suthep cynically adopted their "cause" and offered to pay lawyers fees, the farmers wanted nothing to do with suthep

Prasit Boonchoey, head of the Thai Rice Farmers Association, denied they were backing anti-government protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban.

This is a farmers problem and we wont be joining Sutheps protest. We are just calling for what is ours, which is the money the government should pay us, he told Reuters.

Miracles do happen.

I actually agree with you on one point, in that suthep has cynically adopted the farmers cause, as he did the protests, for his own ends.

Mind, PT did it long before that when the whole rice scheme debacle was initiated. They are now filling their pants as they know that if suthep and the farmers do team up they are in deep trouble.

Personally I hope they see through suthep's lies just as they now see through PT's deceit and betrayal of them.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

If they actually arrest Suthep, I am very sure that it will trigger a much bigger movement.

But these muppets at the government have said so many times that the guy will be arrested within 72 hours, that it is now laughable whenever they speak!

Actually, I think the repeated and unfulfilled 72 hour pledges have been about reopening closed government facilities -- which at least largely or partly haven't been done.

I don't think they've promised a timeframe for the arrests. But they've been making SO many promises, it's hard to keep track of them all!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK