SuperCheap is Open- and with most departments operating.

EBlair48

I can't say for sure as I was on limited time and didn;t see it all, but as it seems al lthe departments had their own tent areas, from at least what I saw, I would bet yes.

To the OP: Is the hardware section open?

Just to reiterate this is mostly in the parking lot using tents, tarps and some portions of the unburnt original structure, the new building is far from done and I'm afraid th eprices will no longer be Super Cheap, the wine was about 30 % more than before, but still cheaper even than Tesco-really can't expect it to stay the same, but it will probably keep a loyal base of customers for the convenience factor of getting everything at one place for a decent price.

• 2 weeks later...

Just visited the location yesterday. The constructions of the new Super Cheap building is on the way. When asking from the workers, when the new building would be ready, three of them said in 2 months and one said in 3 months.

Few pictures..

Burned old structure

2014-02-20_15-55-23.jpg

New Super Cheap in construction

2014-02-20_15-55-37.jpg

Temporary pharmacy

2014-02-20_16-02-12.jpg

Fruit section

2014-02-20_15-57-30.jpg

They even had few marketing girls working on the temporary shop. I wanted to include this as pretty girls with smiles are always good for the heart and mind. :)

2014-02-20_15-58-46.jpg

• 2 months later...

I went to SC to get some tick medicine for the cats. It's the only place I know where to get it.

Took couple of sneak peak photos while I was there.

New SC inside

2014-05-02_19-28-30.jpg

And outside

2014-05-02_19-29-10.jpg

I guess it's part of the brand. If it looks cheap, it must be cheap.

SC, even the small ones, offers volume discounts for at least some products. Is there a discount for beers and what is the amount which needs to be purchased to get the discount?

I can see that SuperCheap are maintaining their low cost warehouse look. That exterior shot looks just so cheap and ugly.

a million times nicer looking than the old one though.

did they ever figure out what caused the fire? and how many Burmese got deep fried?

Edited by stevehaigh

I went to SC to get some tick medicine for the cats. It's the only place I know where to get it.

Took couple of sneak peak photos while I was there.

New SC inside

2014-05-02_19-28-30.jpg

And outside

2014-05-02_19-29-10.jpg

Are talking about En Dex4000/6000/8000 flea, tick and heartworm treatment for cats and dogs

Supercheap are the only place that sells it,12 months supply is cheaper than one monthly visit to the vet

Easy to give youreself , dog hates going to the vets and i cannot blame her, always doing something to

her she does not like

Are talking about En Dex4000/6000/8000 flea, tick and heartworm treatment for cats and dogs

Supercheap are the only place that sells it,12 months supply is cheaper than one monthly visit to the vet

Easy to give youreself , dog hates going to the vets and i cannot blame her, always doing something to

her she does not like

I use Deemar or similar brand. It's a few ml bottle and costs about 20 baht. Works well.

her she does not like

I use Deemar or similar brand. It's a few ml bottle and costs about 20 baht. Works well.

They have good and cheap pet care products that work as well

The vets and pet stores wont sell them more interested in overpriced products with big profit margins

Edited by nedkellylives

Watch out Chalong circle as the masses of salaeng riding farangs from Rawai descend on Phuket town upon hearing this news.w00t.gif

I don't think even the "salaeng riding farangs" are stupid enough to ride them all the way to that particular SC.

Especially not now that there is the mini one across from Asia Bar, that is actually (having been told last night at a bbq) not so mini.

Anyway, good try at a dig and how is the piss-pot of the island Patong treating you patongphil?

• Like 2

Watch out Chalong circle as the masses of salaeng riding farangs from Rawai descend on Phuket town upon hearing this news.w00t.gif

I don't think even the "salaeng riding farangs" are stupid enough to ride them all the way to that particular SC.

Especially not now that there is the mini one across from Asia Bar, that is actually (having been told last night at a bbq) not so mini.

Anyway, good try at a dig and how is the piss-pot of the island Patong treating you patongphil?

Its a quite large store open 24 hours with a good range of products

No pharmacy or pet medical products at present but that could change

Mrs bought a portable radio for the garden there which she could not find anywhere else

At the supercheap pharmacy by the phuket weekend market i bought a microlife blood pressure

monitor for 1996 baht, price one at other pharmay's and you will see how good their prices are

Not at all familiar with old town, next time you go, or anyone, please-can you see if they have K 1 powder ( no, not jelly but powder, it's for fly larvae) It's s the same as Nagasunt made by Bayer , but that product is no longer being produced .

I wonder if some locals stay away being fearful of ghosts. Despite all the assurances that no lives were lost 100 Burmese workers did not return to their jobs. Call me pessimistic if you want but for the Burmese it is not easy to get documents to enable them to work in Thailand, it costs them quite a bit of money & once in the employ of someone they cannot easily switch jobs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

^ I agree and furthermore have always found it deeply suspicious that fire happened on a night with vitually no wind. Can you imagine what a 20 knot wind would have done to the area? Sure was lucky, yep luck-eee.

Anyway, moving on... today SuperCheap was moving into the new digs and so of course I simply strode on in and had a look about .

IT IS HUGH-MONGOUS covering several acres (predict flooding on the the road in heavy downpours) and looks to be entirely air conditioned which wil explain the now up to 40 % increases in prices from Pre Fire ( PF- which can now be heralded as a historical benchmark on par with Christ's birthday ) It's official- Tesco has cheaper prices

All the workers are using the half way and even quarter-way decent carts so had to retreat to the parking lot and hang out a bit to get a cart that moved forward. Of course when I left it in an aisle to make a dash off- side for two minutes, my few items were placed upon a shelf and some Mother- F... took it. I never did find another cart after that so needed to make three separate cash outs and trips back to the car.

Oh the life of a dutiful consumerist..

SuperCheap or now SuperPang... Lives

• 4 years later...
8 hours ago, dmitryspb said:

Up. 

Does anyone knows about restaurant from old/burnt SuperCheap? It was situated closely to foodcourt by the left side of old building. 

Food Court place was never re-opened. There are plenty of cooked food stalls along the front of the new place but no sit down areas. A shame as one could get good cheap meals in there which may have suited our Phuket Town Moaner! ????

Edited by Psimbo