Want to sell condo - wife on blue book there - what to do?

I own condo's under foreign ownership and have the blue books, but my name does not appear on them apparently. I have the chanot title deeds which are in my name. All good.

Do you have the chanot? Is it in your name? I don't understand why you ex has her name on the blue book?

I own condo's under foreign ownership and have the blue books, but my name does not appear on them apparently. I have the chanot title deeds which are in my name. All good.

Do you have the chanot? Is it in your name? I don't understand why you ex has her name on the blue book?

Right - It's all in my name from many years ago. She changed her blue book ( got a new one ) after I bought the place ( about six months later).

Was wondering if the land office keeps track of this stuff and would it cause a snag in the sale.

I may have a buyer already.

Right - It's all in my name from many years ago. She changed her blue book ( got a new one ) after I bought the place ( about six months later).

Was wondering if the land office keeps track of this stuff and would it cause a snag in the sale.

I may have a buyer already.

Not sure of the answer for you. Someone will advise for sure. If you are selling from abroad you will need to grant power of attorney for your Lawyer to execute the transfer on your behalf. He can advise you on blue book entry.

If you own the Condo (100% your name prior to marriage), you can just sell it yourself. If you are married as stated above and the Condo was purchased after marriage, she will need to sign a power of attorney authorizing someone to sign at the land office on her behalf.

It really does not matter how many people are registered in the book.

When the new owner transfers the ownership a new blue book is issued. The non-owners registered at this location are just removed and put into TEMP (cyber space). They then stay in the TEMP, until they go in and update their address themselves.

hope this helps...

Edited by inkorat

When the new owner transfers the ownership a new blue book is issued. The non-owners registered at this location are just removed and put into TEMP (cyber space). They then stay in the TEMP, until they go in and update their address themselves.

not sure the above is correct, but sure that the blue book (tabian ban) has nothing to do with the land department and ownership. The blue book is just an address registration EVERY Thai person must have (must belong to a residence)

• Like 1

The blue book has nothing to do with ownership. Why not just go get a new one if you are concerned.

What is the blue book then if it is not ownership???

The blue book is to show where thai nationals reside. My wife is on my house blue book which is company owned. I have a yellow book which is used for foreigners.

The blue book has nothing to do with ownership. Why not just go get a new one if you are concerned.

What is the blue book then if it is not ownership???

Indicates who is the master of the house (not necessary being the owner) plus proof of residency for anyone who resides there.. Ultimate proof of ownership is the deed and an owner can always go and issue a new blue book if needed.

If you own the Condo (100% your name prior to marriage), you can just sell it yourself. If you are married as stated above and the Condo was purchased after marriage, she will need to sign a power of attorney authorizing someone to sign at the land office on her behalf.

hope this helps...

We were married in Thailand prior to purchase - so I guess this is the best answer so far. I seem to remember something like this being posted before.

She probably would sign - the funds would really be used for our 2 kids.

I'd like it better to exclude her - but thats the question.

hope this helps...

We were married in Thailand prior to purchase - so I guess this is the best answer so far. I seem to remember something like this being posted before.

So when you purchased the condo you were already married.. Was she present during the transaction and did she sign along as a spouse? The property may be considered a marital asset and most likely the officer will ask about her and require her signature.

Edited by kotsak

hope this helps...

So when you purchased the condo you were already married.. Was she present during the transaction and did she sign along as a spouse? The property may be considered a marital asset and most likely the officer will ask about her and require her signature.

No she wasn't but we were married - by that time living in Hawaii. Six months later we did live in the condo for awhile and she did a new blue book.

She is in Hawaii too - not likely to want to leave - and might sign anything as the money will benefit the kids.

I'm wondering if her blue book thing could be a problem in the sale Jumtium area near pattaya.

Mainly I'm just asking if the blue book could be a problem during the sale. The condo is totally in my name.