chef job wanted-pls let me know

Hello there,

I'm looking for chef job in Samui/Phangan/Tao,I have passion for cooking since I was a small child:-)

I have 22 years of experience from Europe,culinary diploma and I'm always looking for something new to learn.

Please let me know if someone is looking for experienced western chef,I will appreciate it.

Thanks,George

Skype radkxxxxxxxxxxxx

xcertixxxx@xxxxxxxx

Please contact OP via PM.

Edited by Rooo
Email & skype addresses.

It may be better to search through other media i.e. thailandhotelier.com or check with the SCC (Samui Culinary Circle). Or try classified ads on Thai Visa here. Also, foreign chefs are usually not hired to be thought or to give them an opportunity to learn but to teach others their/new skills.

• Like 1

I sent hundreds of emails and no luck..I replied to all chef positions in thaihotelier.com and phuketall.com,I'll have a look at SCC now.thanks

Can u put more detail as to what area u are looking to work and some other conditions ,

Might help and how long do u plan on staing here ?

• Like 1

My advice : Print resumes, ride your bike, drive around, stop and ask...Of course for a 4/5 stars hotels web is the best media but many restaurants owners don t use it at all. I know chefs who found that way!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I sent hundreds of emails and no luck..I replied to all chef positions in thaihotelier.com and phuketall.com,I'll have a look at SCC now.thanks

Did you see this thread?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/702303-looking-for-a-farang-restaurant-manager/

We are looking for a manager not a chef :-)

Did you see this thread?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/702303-looking-for-a-farang-restaurant-manager/

We are looking for a manager not a chef :-)

Experience not essential you said. With 22 years of experience the OP must know how to run a kitchen, working within a budget etc. The same method can be used for front of house except you have to smile and greet people. Could be worth a punt I'd say.

• Like 2

My advice : Print resumes, ride your bike, drive around, stop and ask...Of course for a 4/5 stars hotels web is the best media but many restaurants owners don t use it at all. I know chefs who found that way!

Thanks for advice:-)

Can u put more detail as to what area u are looking to work and some other conditions ,

Might help and how long do u plan on staing here ?

I don't mind in which area I'm just looking for decent senior chef job...I would like to stay at least few years together with my family.

Napoleon's is up for sale on Lamai beach road, French food. Speak to the owner as he may have a potential buyer who needs a chef. There is a pizza place in Lamai but I can't name and shame due to TV rules. Their food is well known to be one of the worst in the area though I understand their pasta is not too bad. It's been open less than a year, seats around 60 I guess and is obviously failing. It's in a very good spot with lots of foot traffic and aside the Sunday market. Rent can't be cheap which may affect food budget but ultimately it is failing because the food is crap. Find the owner and have a chat.

• Like 1

My advice : Print resumes, ride your bike, drive around, stop and ask.

100%. Show your face, leave a card and make sure they don't forget you. Once you get your foot in the door the word gets around if you are any good or not. I'd be tempted to work for free for a while in order to get recognised.

[Edit] For a while anyway.

Edited by notmyself
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...