Chulalongkorn university.

Hi,

I need help. I interested in knowing more about the eligibility for international bachelor program in chulalongkorn university. But the information I needed was not provided. I want to know whether a diploma from Singapore Polytechnic is eligible or not. I did send them a email regarding it but they did reply me with a standardised answer of viewing their admission webpage. But it did not show any information regarding diploma. I saw that they have programs with NUS which is a local university in Singapore. So I really wonder whether they acknowledge the diploma from a local polytechnic from Singapore.

Can anyone help me with this?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Usually, the application is not too expensive. Apply with copies of your transcript and diploma and if you get rejected you will know. I found most of the information on their website with their tuition cost being the hardest to find (click to see tuition) Admission requirements are here. Good luck.

Yeah. But as I did not take any English exam like SAT before as I studied in Singapore. So I am kinda confused by the application part as I have no knowledge of it.

You can take the English test there. They have their own English proficiency test that is cheaper than the TOEFL or IELTS.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

But what is the test like? As in the format and the type of questions? As I only took before GCE O's level English.

• 1 month later...

Hi Jun Wei Foo,

I also studied in SP and did my Bachelors at Mahidol University, but in a totally unrelated field. I think the best way to get your answer is to make an appointment and visit their office direct. It took me three tries before I was admitted into Mahidol because I really wanted to transfer some credits over but mine was a Thai program instead of a full international program.

I did get my credits transferred but only those that had a B and above, which was not too much.

Hope this helps in some way.

Hi Jun Wei Foo,

I also studied in SP and did my Bachelors at Mahidol University, but in a totally unrelated field. I think the best way to get your answer is to make an appointment and visit their office direct. It took me three tries before I was admitted into Mahidol because I really wanted to transfer some credits over but mine was a Thai program instead of a full international program.

I did get my credits transferred but only those that had a B and above, which was not too much.

Hope this helps in some way.

Hi, this is important to me. Since you studied in SP, I think you did not take SAT or those language test. So did you take it before you applied or you didn't?

I did not take it but my course did not have such a requirement, I had to pass a competitive entrance exam.

Those are requirements, again, call them up, it not expensive to speak to someone on the phone or fly there to speak to someone in person. Thais administrators are not like Americans and will most likely not entertain emails.

Every school have their own way of admitting you and they can either be strict or relaxed about the courses you are taking, don't assume to find everything online,because it does not work that way in Thailand. It was a very fun time for me to study there but also frustrating to work with. Thai people are one of the nicest but they are very relaxed (most of the time) when it comes to work.

I did not take it but my course did not have such a requirement, I had to pass a competitive entrance exam.

Those are requirements, again, call them up, it not expensive to speak to someone on the phone or fly there to speak to someone in person. Thais administrators are not like Americans and will most likely not entertain emails.

Every school have their own way of admitting you and they can either be strict or relaxed about the courses you are taking, don't assume to find everything online,because it does not work that way in Thailand. It was a very fun time for me to study there but also frustrating to work with. Thai people are one of the nicest but they are very relaxed (most of the time) when it comes to work.

I am trying to take their international program. But I was told that singapore is not a native english speaking country. Therefore, I need to take those english test.

Anyway if you didn't take the international program, means you took the national program right? So basically you could already write and speak thai before you applied for the program?

No. I was the first batch of international student admitted into that particular college in mahidol. All my courses were taught in English.

Toefl is not difficult, just take it, normally singaporeans will pass it easily, it's not hard.

No. I was the first batch of international student admitted into that particular college in mahidol. All my courses were taught in English.

Toefl is not difficult, just take it, normally singaporeans will pass it easily, it's not hard.

Oh. So you took toefl before applying? And so now you're working in thailand or singapore?