Chalerm says protesters number only 4,000

webfact

A couple of reported posts have been removed:

In using Thai Visa I agree:

1) To respect fellow members.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking at the pictures circulating on social media, I would say even less than 4000.

They bock a street with just 20 people sitting in the middle of an intersection with their little whistle.

Pathetic really.

Sent from my iPhone...

gerry, the pathetic thing is that 20 people can actually manage to occupy and block an intersection without being arrested.

Given the massive numbers of police purportedly available under the emergency decree, don't you think their inaction is more pathetic?

Maybe they are being told not to act by someone in higher places.

Now, why would Thaksin do that?

he'll look pretty stupid tomorrow

He has for years.

the number surprised him as it is equal to the number of wine bottles he consumes per month.

Instead of throwing personal insults at the man, perhaps you should prove him wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Looking at the pictures circulating on social media, I would say even less than 4000.

They bock a street with just 20 people sitting in the middle of an intersection with their little whistle.

Pathetic really.

Sent from my iPhone...

You are disagreeing with the PTP official count... Blimey. Nothing is ever right for you is it?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Waiting for the pro-Suthep supporters to come out and say Chalerm is once again exaggerating the numbers.

maybe he could be right, but i doubt it and with up to 50000 irate Farmers on the move soon heading to BKK

he won't have to count rolleyes.gif

Chalerm said he has 90% proof!

as well as 90 proof in his glass

Where does it say that?

Beavis? Butthead? Do you guys know sarcasm? Its uh, s a r c a s m ...uh huh huh huh. He's a big boozer, he looks hammered.

post-78205-0-37313200-1392282164_thumb.j

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

Did this drunken, bumbling buffoon actually go out and count them himself? Hard to count with one eye closed!! burp.gif

he did ... drunk and seeing double .. only 2000 protestor left

Was he driving his pink Bentley when inspecting? burp.gif Tut tut!!

Was he in disguise as well? Ha ha ha.

'He' using the Thai rising tone.of course!! giggle.gif

• Like 1

Whoever introduces “Have I Got News For You’ to Thai television would be a rich man and a legend.

They would have to have Thai versions of the wit of Paul Merton and the balls of Ian Hislop but I’m sure that that could be managed.

There is so much material here (Thailand) that they could run it nightly.

4000 protesters left, sad. What happened to the 6 million ?

Enlightenment. They saw through the lies. The other 4000 are blind and deaf.

For the informed, support goes far beyond those on the road in the day time- its inside connections, money, influence, support far beyond BKK, the south, tired angry farmers. If you see it on such a micro level as Chaeng Wattana road, you are daft, on the sauce with Chalerm heavy, or just like winding people up as a hobby instead of enjoying thailand.

Suthep has lost supporters by the droves. Most reasonable people find it hard to accept such a flawed, intolerant, self-centered person to lead them... unless of course...

4000 protesters left, sad. What happened to the 6 million ? laugh.png

Sadder still are the vocal minority that still support Suthep.

Sadder yet is supporting an inept dictatorship named PTP as an alternative. Saddest of all is expats who dont support freedom, demonstrations and non violent measures against swindlers who oppress their own people, pocket all the money as the country heads for further disaster.

• Like 1

4000 protesters left, sad. What happened to the 6 million ?

Enlightenment. They saw through the lies. The other 4000 are blind and deaf.

For the informed, support goes far beyond those on the road in the day time- its inside connections, money, influence, support far beyond BKK, the south, tired angry farmers. If you see it on such a micro level as Chaeng Wattana road, you are daft, on the sauce with Chalerm heavy, or just like winding people up as a hobby instead of enjoying thailand.

So you agree that the streets should be opened? Or do they need to keep being blocked so that 100 old ladies can sit at Chang Watthana making life difficult for ordinary citizens? Because hundreds of cars were stuck in the U-Turn causing unnecessary pollution and I am sure the people in those cars had better things to do with their time.

If support is really so overwhelming for the Democrats, why haven't they won an election in over 23 years? And why didn't they participate in these elections if the majority of Thais supposedly support them?

• Like 1

I just drove past Chang Watthana where the monk is speaking. Must have been less than 100 old ladies still around. No joke, go look yourself.

You and Rich Teacher seem to be the only nerds worrying about numbers. Who gives a flying <deleted>.

The fact is, the roads are still closed, the SOE is still in place. Suthep is still in charge, Satish is still in Thailand a free man, Sonthiyan the terrorist arrested while having lunch at a shopping mall has been released. The PTP is still spinning their wheels.

Ask yourselves why your pals at PTP haven't done anything.

Puea Thai is political party, not a police force. They cannot arrest people. The police has to do it. And in the case of the SOE, the army may as well.

The question is why haven't the police or army done anything.

I know the answer. Do you? Most Thais do.

Pathetic really.

Sent from my iPhone...

20 people is more than the 5 allowed to gather together according to the Emergency decree that is costing the govt millions of baht in tax payers money to implement and maintain.

So really the pathetic one is the government that can't even do an "emergency decree" right without stuffing it up while the tax payer is paying for it with no direct or even indirect results showing. Bit like the rice scheme really.

20 people! I wish it was 6. It would highlight their incompetence even further.

Pathetic really.

Cheers