Clarification on some points

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone for the advice so far! A couple of things I need to clear up

1. If the application is submitted online is there a limit on the time we have to get the hard copy and evidence into bangkok? We are planning on doing this in March but I want to start the process ASAP.

2. Am I right in assuming you can do the online section in English?

3. Is it worth paying for the express service?

4. My parents will be sponsoring the trip etc - should I say although they are doing this I am in work as well and provide proof?

5. Proof of return is property ownership not wanting to muck up future visits, getting married and a child. Will quotes for wedding venues prove this and for the child should we include the child's birth certificate?

6. Finally! I've asked before but should English documents be translated to thai? I assume all thai documents owt need an English translation?

Many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It is impossible for people to answer your questions if they do not know which country you are asking about!

However, having searched your posting history, I see it is the UK.

1) Yes,, having completed the online form the applicant then has to make an appointment to submit the printed form and evidence and have their biometrics taken. I'm not sure how far ahead this can be done; two weeks seems to ring a bell.

2) The application form must be completed in English. All supporting documents not in English should be accompanied by a certified English translation.

3) If you mean the priority service, it's not available to general or family visit applicants unless in the last 5 years they have travelled to the UK, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or to a country in the Schengen Area. If the applicant qualifies then it's up to you if you think the extra fee is worth it.

4 ) By 'sponsoring' I assume you mean paying for. Whoever is paying for the trip should say so and why. They should also provide evidence that they have the means to do so; at least the last 3 months bank statement and, if working, pay slips; 6 months would be better.

5) Wedding venues where? If in the UK they may think you intend to marry on this visit! Child's birth certificate is not needed unless they are making an application themselves (Are they Thai/British or just Thai? If just Thai then they will need a separate application). But they must be mentioned in the appropriate part of the application form.

6) The decision will be made by British staff at the embassy; no need to translate English documents. But, as said, Thai documents should be accompanied by a certified English translation.

Thanks for that!

Sorry should have mentioned it's for the UK.

The wedding will take place in Thailand - so want to provide proof we are organising it

So just stating the applicant has a child will be enough? No further proof needed?

Again thanks this process is made a lot easier by folks like uou

Is the child coming too?

If not, then the birth certificate may be useful proving the relationship between mother and child as a reason to return. However, as Thais often leave their children with relatives while they work away from home, often abroad, children by themselves are not seen as a concrete reason to return.

Including it may help; it won't hurt.

Thanks the child is not coming. But I'm hoping the fact she has one, alongside a business, propertt and wedding plans all makes a concrete case for return

One final point on this - she has in the past been to other countries with visa restrictions and always returned - although not with me - should this information be included as evidence that she has followed the rules before?

Thanks 7x7

Sorry this really will be the final point.

In my letter of invitation and documentation of an ongoing relationship should I mention that the itemised phone billing I am producing in some way shows that I was indeed in Thailand and with my girlfriend when my passport stamps etc say I was - or will this complicate matters?

Sorry 7x7 I wonder if you could help me one more time

On the additional comments part of the application do you simply point direction to the evidence or make some form of statement declaring your intentions?

You make any additional comments not covered by the answers on the form or the supporting documents which you feel will support the application.

You could list the supporting documents here, but I've always done that in my sponsor's letter.