wifes uk settlement visa ,sponsor self employed financial evidence required 302

Hello all

I am wondering if anyone knows the exact nature of the evidence i will need to submit for my wifes and daughters UK settlement Visa . particularly the SA 300/SA302 .ie on line copy's ,printouts or actual originals .

It does not make it clear on anything i have read so far (except the usual submit originals wherever possible). i would hate to fall at this stage when it as been a massive uphill struggle already .

From reading all the UKBA blurb and some realy helpfull replys from this site I think i have got an idea as to most of it BUT..

Will they accept a print out from my online self assesment statement of account That I believe is the SA302 or SA 300 that is asked for .

I am trying to apply the closest time possible after the 6th of april . And after speaking to the tax office it seems this is avilable to print online as soon as is submitted .ie 6th April.

But it takes the tax office 3 days to process it .( 9th April but the tax office says it will look exactly the same as the submitted one just that they have actiualy processed it by then .)

If i want printed a copy from them sent in the post then i would have to wait until they get around to it about" 2 or 3 weeks ".

It just fits our plans to do it as early as possible , I am separated from my wife and kids already and every day is torture . I hoped to be in Thailand for my daughters birthday but this would not be possible if i wait until i have an original from HMRC. I feel self employed people are the 3rd class citizens as far as UKBA are concerned. but that is for another post . .

Can anyone help ?

This i what you are required to provide as evidence of income :

(b ) The latest:
(i) annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC (a copy or print-out);
(ii) Statement of Account (SA300 or SA302); and
(iii) the same for the previous financial year if the latest return does not show the necessary level of gross income, but the average of the last 2 financial years does.
I think the SA 302 is available online, and a printout will be sufficient.
Regarding the rest of the evidence you need to supply, this is it :

(a) Evidence of the amount of tax payable, paid and unpaid for the last financial year.

(b ) The latest:

(i) annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC (a copy or print-out);
(ii) Statement of Account (SA300 or SA302); and,
(iii) the same for the previous financial year if the latest return does not show the necessary level of gross income, but the average of the last 2 financial years does.

© Proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed if available.

(d) Each partner's Unique Tax Reference Number (UTR) and/or the UTR of the partnership or business.

(e) Where the person holds or held a separate business bank account(s), bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s).

(f) personal bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s) showing that the income from self-employment has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

(g) Evidence of ongoing self-employment through evidence of payment of Class 2 National Insurance contributions.

(h) One of the following documents must also be submitted:

(i) (aa) If the business is required to produce annual audited accounts, the latest such accounts; or
(bb) If the business is not required to produce annual audited accounts, the latest unaudited accounts and an accountant's certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006);
(ii) A certificate of VAT registration and the latest VAT return (a copy or print-out) confirming the VAT registration number, if turnover is in excess of £73,000;
(iii) Evidence to show appropriate planning permission or local planning authority consent is held to operate the type/class of business at the trading address (where this is a local authority requirement); or
(iv) A franchise agreement signed by both parties.

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress

Thanks for that , do you think it is worth emailing UKBA in Bangkok and get them to confirm that a copy/printout of the SA 302 is ok ?

You can, if you have time to wait for a response.

There is nothing actually wrong with submitting a copy/printout ( I think they are actually emailed to individuals/accountants anyway). The ECO should not refuse an application just because a copy has been submitted, but it could delay the application. The ECO should ask for an original if he is not happy with the copy/printout.

Tony M

Yes thanks Tony , I have already had a long wait for a reply from them regarding the same line of questions , I am almost certain you are right about them being emailed to accountants .

I will send them an email and ask anyway as I do have time to wait. unfortunately .

I am p@@@ssd off that i have to wait until april before i can apply I have already hit the financial requirement in my last financial year . but it seems that I can only apply once i have this document which i understand is only available after the tax year ends on the 6th of April .(this is why i feel selfemployed are third class citizens employed only have to submit 6 months wage slips )

I do understand why it is this way . until the Tax return is in .and an SA302 is available no concrete proof of earnings are available to the UKBA .Its a long wait though when you have family away from you watching your children grow up over skype is not nice .

Thanks again for your reply . I will update the post if and when i get confirmation from UKBA .

In the meantime if anyone else selfemployed has done this last year i would be gratefull of your views !

Yes thanks Tony , I have already had a long wait for a reply from them regarding the same line of questions , I am almost certain you are right about them being emailed to accountants .

I will send them an email and ask anyway as I do have time to wait. unfortunately .

I am p@@@ssd off that i have to wait until april before i can apply I have already hit the financial requirement in my last financial year . but it seems that I can only apply once i have this document which i understand is only available after the tax year ends on the 6th of April .(this is why i feel selfemployed are third class citizens employed only have to submit 6 months wage slips )

I do understand why it is this way . until the Tax return is in .and an SA302 is available no concrete proof of earnings are available to the UKBA .Its a long wait though when you have family away from you watching your children grow up over skype is not nice .

Thanks again for your reply . I will update the post if and when i get confirmation from UKBA .

In the meantime if anyone else selfemployed has done this last year i would be gratefull of your views !

Doesn't your SA302 follow your financial year ?