The Eagle Has Landed!

Loz

Touched down in Korat by taxi 6 hours ago.

So far I have met Mike at Pasinee (a real gent with many helpful suggestions)

Met Glen and taken a walk up to the mall from where I am now online!

You guys are such blaggers! the map of Korat is a joke. it looks like a little town on there, It flipping huge! Easily bigger than downtown Chicago and probably Leeds too! Its hot humid and very exciting!

I've missed a nights sleep so running on adrenaline for now, but at 3pm I feel energised and limited only by my lack of language. Funniest thing so far:

walking to the mall a police man stopped me to shake hands and tell me my fallus was bigger than his forarm. Now that does not happen back in blighty :o

I'll be around tomorrow and probably sign on again tonight or tomorrow. So if you around and these ramblings lead you to suspect a beer might be a worthwhile proposition, hit me up on PM and let me know when you are about.

Ps. Mike's veggy pizza is tremendous. and even a little spicy (I'm easing into the transition...)

:o Your post somewhat reminds me of my first trip to Thailand. Whew! :D

:D Welcome to Thailand and Korat, Loz. Don't try and do everything at once or you'll burn yourself out before you even get started. Enjoy the "candy stores", etc. I've forgotten, when do you start your teaching job?

Relax and enjoy. :D

And will our "Eagle" turn into a butterfly?

Can't wait for the next thrilling installment

Presume he's carrying his babywipes?

It going to be one way to spot our intrepid explorer soaring high or fluttering about?

Edited by Korat Correct

Just think what Korat was like in 1963 when the kiwi,s ruled the roost,and Sudsai,s Bar and the Broken Arrow Shack were the only drinking holes in town, and any US vehicle or Plane left unattended was signed with a red kiwi emblem , ehh ba gum lad those were the days :o Nignoy

Just think what Korat was like in 1963 when the kiwi,s ruled the roost,and Sudsai,s Bar and the Broken Arrow Shack were the only drinking holes in town, and any US vehicle or Plane left unattended was signed with a red kiwi emblem , ehh ba gum lad those were the days :o Nignoy

Bars anything like this (photo taken in Korat). :D

post-171-1148781179_thumb.jpg

Made it back to the Mall for more net entertainment! Seen one Farang face today and what do you know, It was the chap from Pasinee last night! small world.

Yes, I have my disgiused wet wipes about me and my phone. Other than that I think I would be far more identifiable by the fact that I am Black. Not seen a single black face here except in the mirror, so If you see one out and about you can be pretty sure its Loz. beats having to stand under the clock tower with a copy of the telegraph under my left arm and a carnation in my lapel!

Made it back to the Mall for more net entertainment! Seen one Farang face today and what do you know, It was the chap from Pasinee last night! small world.

Yes, I have my disgiused wet wipes about me and my phone. Other than that I think I would be far more identifiable by the fact that I am Black. Not seen a single black face here except in the mirror, so If you see one out and about you can be pretty sure its Loz. beats having to stand under the clock tower with a copy of the telegraph under my left arm and a carnation in my lapel!

Loz

Thanks for the info I am looking forward to meeting you and figured I would never know if it was you or not because all you Brits talk funny. Now I will look for the disguised wet wipes. I have been following your post with great interest sounds like you will do alright here.

Check out Smithy at the VFW for breakfast or Pasinee later on in the day. You may think you looked in the mirror but he doesn't talk funny. :o

Will be in town tommorrow hope we can link up.

Thai Ranger

Well I start work tomorrow. find out where later today. But looking forward to it! It will afterall, fund my Isaan Lifestyle.

Lunched at the MK Restaurant in the mall today. maybe not very authentic thai ( chinese??) but it does some mean duck! Had a singa beer, can still feel it in my head... not sure about it but I might need a nap!! I'm such a drinking lightwieight! I need a lie down.

Looking forward to putting names to login in the flesh!

Its day 4 in the country dude. I'm working at an all girls school and loving it. Life is sweet, just got an appartment near the school with two rooms. furnished and with air con, TV,

Loz

You say you are black!

There were three "black" people at the Pasinee Restaurant yesterday, non was you though.

However , thats unusual, but colour is only skin deep.

There are not that many "black" people in Korat but many of the darker Issan people almost qualify.

It's a pity that so many Thai's prefer to be be pale coloured.

walking to the mall a police man stopped me to shake hands and tell me my fallus was bigger than his forarm. Now that does not happen back in blighty :o

This is an excellent example of the Thai concept of "face". When you left your hotel, tired from lack of sleep, and forgetting to put your trousers on, you probably caused a bit of a stir amongst the locals as you wandered down the street (Thais are quite conservative in this regard). The police officer, not wishing to embarrass you, generously avoided saying "sir, you are half naked". Instead, he tactfully complimented you on the magnificence of your tackle; thereby saving your face, whilst still managing to draw your attention to the fact that your equipment was on display. Sublime. :D:D

Welcome to Thailand :D