Simple naive question re AIS prepaid Net SIM subscription

david_je

Hello,

An AIS leaflet advertises prepaid SIM AIS3G packages. There's one for 7-day unlimited max speed 1G, price 266.43 baht. It lists a Code: *777*74#, followed by a telephone icon.

I use an air card.

Does this mean I can go to 7-11, buy a 300-baht top-up card, put the SIM into a mobile phone, top it up, and then dial the *777*77# code to register for the 7-day package, and then wait for a text confirmation before using?

And can I do this before my current package expires. Does it terminate my current package, or will the new package kick in once the current one expires?

I thought it would be easier to ask here rather than calling AIS.

Thank you for your help

I'm on AIS package, 899 baht per month (post paid, not pre-paid) 3 gigs hi speed after which it cuts to 256 kbs, whereas the cheaper packages as mentioned above cut to 128 kbs after the allocated high speed usage. Apparantly there's a TOT 3G unlimited high speed for @ 2000 baht per month..... anyone know of it ?

Edited by lemonjelly

IME, I needed to cancel (can call, email, use eServices:web or Android, send USSD) any existing package before I could subscribe to a new package.

http://www.ais.co.th/3g/en/package.aspx?id=4&type=mobile_package

You can add value at many shops now by just giving the number and cash, or via an ATM.

A seven day, unlimited (FuP is published at 64 Kbps) 1 GB cap, is 249 baht (before 7 % VAT), Subscription code is: *777*74# send.

Note there is another seven day package which is 69 baht, unlimited with no cap, but speed is restricted to 384 Kbps. Subscription code is *777*713# send.

Obviously you'll need a 2100 MHz 3G compatible device, and coverage.

TOT do have some post-paid 3G plans which are un-capped: Heavy Storm and Perfect Storm, but overall speed is limited to 1 Mbps and 2 Mbps resepctively: http://www.tot3g.net/PromotionInfo.aspx?pid=23