Failed island accomodation search. Looking for nice mainland beachtown monthly rental.

daeronb

For the last 7 days i've been looking around koh phangan, koh samui and koh tao to rent accomodation for around 8-10.000 baht pm month. And it was alot harder than i thought.

Phangan didnt have any reasonable long term options available at all. Everywhere i went it was fully booked till middle march atleast. I loved the island though. Next samui, which i didnt like at allnso immediately left.

Im at koh tao right now, waiting to catch the boat back to mainland, since my search has failed here again. I found one place for 6000. But it was really bad so i didnt take it. All the rest has obviously been taken up by dive instructors, again, mostly till end of march.

So now 9 days further and 10.000 lighter, i still haven't found my dream place.

Basically what I'm looking for is place at the beach or with a nice view, WiFi is a must, and a refrigerator would be nice. And a hammock of course :). If its not at the beach, i would like the place to be as quiet as possible. For around 8-10.000 baht total.

I'm hoping someone will know of a beach town (mainland) that it would be relatively easy at to find such a place. Which is not the case on the islands i have been at now :(. At least not at this monthly period.

@cooked. Thats what ive been doing. No luck. @olddock. I wouldnt mind going to 12.000 if the place is right. But ive spoken to alot of people who have gotten some really nice places for around 8-9000. Its just that none seem to be available...

I dont need entertainment of any sort around me. Simple a hammock, view/beach, fridge and wi-fi :).

Will koh Chang be as difficult as samui/phangan/tao?

Sent from my ME173X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's high season, so just about impossible to find those kind of "cheap" places now....on the three Islands, although I still see signs on Samui for rent..., that would or should be in the price range. (you need to search up and down the Soi's)
though... but not possible on the beach... but some within walking distance...

After March you'll have a much better chance.... Koh Phangan is generally more expensive than Samui.... for what you get.... I am not sure about KT.

Baan Khut in Prachuap Khiri Khan has a quiet, clean beach. You should be able to get reasonable rooms for around 2000-3000 baht/month + 600 baht or so for wifi but it might be quieter than you were hoping for. Plenty of trees near the beach to hang a hammock from too.

It is Ban Khrut. Similar places along the same coast are Bang Saphan Yai, Bang Saphan Noi, Sam Roi Yot , Thap Sakae and Pranburi.

Baan Khut in Prachuap Khiri Khan has a quiet, clean beach. You should be able to get reasonable rooms for around 2000-3000 baht/month + 600 baht or so for wifi but it might be quieter than you were hoping for. Plenty of trees near the beach to hang a hammock from too.

Now you've "outted" my fav hideaway! 5555 Just kidding. Baan Kruit is wonderful. Very quiet, but wonderful. I've been on a hammock in those trees before. Paradise.

Other options might be Khanom, Ban Saphan, Thung Wua Laen, Khao Lak or even bigger places like Cha Am or Krabi?

Hua Hin is a nice, peaceful place and it's right on the coast. They have loads of condos and houses for rent (a lot of them are empty). Just rent a bike for a few days, drive around town and you'll see the "for rent" signs hanging on the gates/in the window. Good luck.

Now you've "outted" my fav hideaway! 5555 Just kidding. Baan Kruit is wonderful. Very quiet, but wonderful. I've been on a hammock in those trees before. Paradise.

Other options might be Khanom, Ban Saphan, Thung Wua Laen, Khao Lak or even bigger places like Cha Am or Krabi?

It is impossible to be quiter than i am hoping for ;) tnx i will check it out. And everybody else as well tnx!

I was really tired and booked a bus to chiang mai. For no reason other than in know this is a big expat place so should be easier to find. But i already miss the beach. So if i dont find a nice quiet place here somewhere out of town i will probably go down south again in a few days and check out your suggestions.

Anymore, or more specific places is still very welcome!

Sent from my ME173X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app