Noppadon denies Pojaman visited astrologer in Myanmar

Lite Beer

FORTUNE TELLING
Noppadon denies Pojaman visited astrologer in Myanmar
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- Former premier Thaksin Shinawatra's legal adviser yesterday rejected as groundless a news magazine's report that Thaksin's former wife was in Myanmar recently to meet an astrologer and perform a rite of magic.

However, Noppadon Pattama also added that there was nothing wrong if Khunying Pojaman na Pombejra did actually go to Myanmar, as had been reported. "She did nothing illegal," he said at the ruling Pheu Thai Party's headquarters.

The Irrawaddy reported on Friday that Pojaman, during her recent trip to Myanmar, paid a visit to Yangon-based astrologer San Zarni Bo to seek advice for Thaksin's "smooth re-entry" to Thailand and to ask about his business concessions in Burma. The man is one of Burma's most famous astrologers, it said.

The news magazine also quoted a source close to the matter as saying, "The political situation is not good in their country, so they wanted to do some yadaya for internal peace and Thaksin's return to the country."

Yadaya is a form of magic practised in Myanmar to ward off evil spirits and weaken one's enemies.

"She also asked about their oil-related business concessions in Burma's Tenasserim Division," the source was quoted as saying.

Thaksin and Pojaman also stopped at Kaba Aye Pagoda (World Peace Pagoda) during their trip to promote peace in Thailand, the newsmagazine reported. "The pagoda seemed to be a perfect place for Thaksin to perform the yadaya numerological rituals, as the Sixth Buddhist Council was once held there," it said.

Thaksin had visited Myanmar last April over the Buddhist New Year, when he met with the commander-in-chief of Myanmar's armed forces, General Min Aung Hlaing.

According to the newsmagazine, the ex-premier holds property in Dawei, the southernmost town in Tenasserim Division, where a special economic zone is planned and the multimillion-dollar Dawei deep-sea port project is under construction.

The Irrawaddy, based in Chiang Mai, was founded in 1992 by Burmese exiles living in Thailand.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-16

The Irrawaddy, based in Chiang Mai, was founded in 1992 by Burmese exiles living in Thailand.

biggrin.png

Hah, so its a thai, magazine

Good to see they are getting their meal tickets punched. Go Team yellow!.

That's all you got? Tenuous at best.

Must be hard to form an argument, there's a reason for that.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by looping
  • Like 1

Noppadon said she didn't visit an astrologer but nothing wrong if she did which, when translated, means she did visit but isn't going to admit it.

It's great isn't it, when you can read articles and interpret them to fit your prejudice?

What Noppadan really said in the article is this:

She did not visit the astrologer but if she visited Myanmar there was nothing illegal about it.

Oh, but that doesn't give the impression that Noppadan is lying, does it?

Edited by fab4

I seem to recall an artiCle i read about if YL loses her position as PM that the northerners would make her there leader and break Thailand into 2, the north and the south.

The reason i brought that up was because i also recall their comment about carving a path to the sea from the north.

Now i see Thaksin has been planning this all along to get even richer by purchasing the land needed to complete this path to the Dawal seaport that is under construction.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I don't suppose she thought to request some magic help with loans for the rice farmers.

No, didn't think so, why would she?

If of course she was there, and doing nothing illegal, which is a strange bit to add in itself, why would Noppadon say that she wasn't there, followed by saying even if she was, she wasn't doing anything illegal?

If she wasn't there, why not just say that she wasn't there?

Or, indeed if she wasn't there and someone reported that she was, why even make a statement at all?

Then why add to the mix by saying that if she was there she was doing nothing wrong?

That's as far as I'm going with this...

Strange indeed but not at all surprising.

Noppadon said she didn't visit an astrologer but nothing wrong if she did which, when translated, means she did visit but isn't going to admit it.

It's great isn't it, when you can read articles and interpret them to fit your prejudice?

What Noppadan really said in the article is this:

She did not visit the astrologer but if she visited Myanmar there was nothing illegal about it.

Oh, but that doesn't give the impression that Noppadan is lying, does it?

You are right of course as Noppadon's track record make him the Fountain of Truth

• Like 1

biggrin.png

Hah, so its a thai, magazine

Good to see they are getting their meal tickets punched. Go Team yellow!.

Published in Chiang Mai by Burmese refugees/exiles, but IME tends to take a fairly-consistent anti-Burmese-junta stance, if you're unfamiliar with it as appears to be the case.

Your suggestion that they would take a pro-Thai-junta/PAD/yellow stance, as you seem to suggest, is IMO wide-of-the-mark.

You might find it interesting to invest in a copy, sometime.

"Yadaya is a form of magic practised in Myanmar to ward off evil spirits and weaken one's enemies."

So saying " yada yada yada " when someone talks inteminably about something is a curse on them?

More the news was her visit coinciding with her ' EX ' husband being there too.

Ex because it fits the situation they want it to appear as., not because they aren't still in a partnership of some sort.

Nopadom speaking for both sides of a divorced couple.

Some might seen this astrolager visit as an implicite threat of black magic being used against them.

Superstitious twaddle and more yada yada yada from the former Foriegn Minister.

Well if Nancy Reagan can go to an astrolger it's OK for K. potty too.

Edited by animatic

I don't suppose she thought to request some magic help with loans for the rice farmers.

No, didn't think so, why would she?

If of course she was there, and doing nothing illegal, which is a strange bit to add in itself, why would Noppadon say that she wasn't there, followed by saying even if she was, she wasn't doing anything illegal?

If she wasn't there, why not just say that she wasn't there?

Or, indeed if she wasn't there and someone reported that she was, why even make a statement at all?

Then why add to the mix by saying that if she was there she was doing nothing wrong?

That's as far as I'm going with this...

Strange indeed but not at all surprising.

Well you could do something radical, like reading the "article" (for what it's worth) carefully and then you will find it is not so strange after all.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thaksin's son says Pojaman has never been to Myanmar
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Panthongtae Shinawatra, the son of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, said Sunday that his mother, Khunying Pojaman na Pombejra, has never been to Myanmar.

Panthongtae posted a message on his Facebook wall to counter a report by the Irrawaddy which reported on Friday that Pojaman, during her recent trip to Myanmar, paid a visit to Yangon-based astrologer San Zarni Bo to seek advice for Thaksin's "smooth re-entry" to Thailand and to ask about his business concessions in Burma.

In the message, Panthongtae added that his mother had not met his father for five years after their divorce.

"They only met via Skype chat. They met each other in persons the last time before the Supreme Court made a ruling on the Ratchadapisek land case," Panthongtae said in the Facebook message.

"I would like to affirm that since she was born, she has never been to Myanmar."

The Irrawaddy said Thaksin and Pojaman also stopped at Kaba Aye Pagoda (World Peace Pagoda) during their trip to promote peace in Thailand. "The pagoda seemed to be a perfect place for Thaksin to perform the yadaya numerological rituals, as the Sixth Buddhist Council was once held there," it said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-16

It clearly stated in This morning BP newspaper, That the article was not factual and that She has not been out of Thailand lately, that can be documented by checking her passport,

The article is a lie!

Cheers

I think I would rather believe an independent newspaper, than anything that comes out of the mouths of Thaksin's yes men!

cheers

• Like 2

Now don't you guys who posted all that crap yesterday about her feel like complete fools. If you don't you should.

You'll feel like a fool if a photo of her outside a temple in Yangon is published. You're nothing more than a troll, red snake.
  • Like 1

Now don't you guys who posted all that crap yesterday about her feel like complete fools. If you don't you should.

You'll feel like a fool if a photo of her outside a temple in Yangon is published. You're nothing more than a troll, red snake.

Show you the photo or shut up.

My question is why is Thaksin's legal-liar defending what Thaksin's Ex is doing?

Because Noppadol is Thaksin's gay lover

Maybe T and N are preparing to 'come out'

Well if it comes down to believing 2 serial liars like Noppadon & Oak versus the Irrawaddy magazine - not much of a contest.

I notice too that they referred to Thaksin's business interests in Myanmar. Interesting - we've always been told by the red brigade that it isn't true. Time to store that nugget in memory.

30226906-03_big.jpg

From the Nation today. I wonder who the lady next to Thaksin is???

• Like 2

30226906-03_big.jpg

From the Nation today. I wonder who the lady next to Thaksin is???

It sure the hell isn't is x wife. That's for damn sure.