Crazy Farang Moto Drivers

movsrus

Sure that is an idiot .. but seen Thais do exactly the same.. not really a farang trait. That said its good to show that foreigners are idiots too when driving as its usually bashing all Thais while there are plenty that drive ok. Seems foreigners need to feel superior and act like every Thai cant drive, but here there is clear evidence of a foreigner driving bad. Though the guy did look into the direction where the guy he hit came from. Plus the idiot was not wearing a helmet.

• Like 1

hahahahahaha, in Australia booth would have been done by the police as motorbikes are not allowed to weave in and out of cars or ride between them but I see the same thing everyday with thai riders so I suppose anyone been here long enough just adapt the thai style of riding, idiots.

I do the same every day, except the fighting of course.

I wonder though who's fault this is. The Thai drive between the cars very fast, so fast that they even can't stop if they have to. The farang should have watched over his shoulder.

As a previous poster said, weaving in and out cars is technically not the right thing. Also, I think to be classified as overtaking on the right, one would have to be in an empty lane, not beside another vehicle.

However when the long haired plonker, had the road rage fit, he kinda has become at fault.

I wonder though who's fault this is. The Thai drive between the cars very fast, so fast that they even can't stop if they have to. The farang should have watched over his shoulder.

As a previous poster said, weaving in and out cars is technically not the right thing. Also, I think to be classified as overtaking on the right, one would have to be in an empty lane, not beside another vehicle.

However when the long haired plonker, had the road rage fit, he kinda has become at fault.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i thought it was not prohibited to overtake left or right in thailand. They all do it all the time.

And about lanes, nobody cares for lanes, lanes are flexible as far as i know. Even the most left lane is used by cars while it should be for motorbikes.

To be honest i have no idea about the proper trafficrules in Thailand. And i guess also the Thai don't know them at all. I have 2 driverslicenses and 25 years experience but in Thailand they all just do something. I also just do something and i get really tired of all those people in big cars waiting all the time in traffic jam. In the full sun it is bloody hot on motorbike so yes then i also do strange things to get to my destination.

Everybody does it here in Thailand me too.. as far as i know no law against it. Besides that is the advantage of having a motorcycle. You do have to watch what your doing and I say the foreigner was wrong as he merged onto an other "lane" he should have watched.. not even wearing an helmet. Total idiot.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i thought it was not prohibited to overtake left or right in thailand.

To be honest i have no idea about the proper trafficrules in Thailand.

Oh!

Here's something to help you, in English,

http://apps.dlt.go.th/driving_hp/ELearnning/E-Learning2.swf

http://apps.dlt.go.th/driving_hp/ELearnning/E-Learning2.swf

Edited by somchaismith

Everybody does it here in Thailand me too.. as far as i know no law against it. Besides that is the advantage of having a motorcycle. You do have to watch what your doing and I say the foreigner was wrong as he merged onto an other "lane" he should have watched.. not even wearing an helmet. Total idiot.

Right, that's why i drive a small motorbike. I don't want to wait for those drivers who can't park or whatever they can't do. Traffic jam is terrible in this area and there are no rules so just do what you like, they all do that.

A while ago my wife saw 2 cars merging into 1 lane, then 1 car drove into the door of the other one. A farang came out of the damaged door car and walked to the other driver who opened his window. Then he beat the crap out of him through the window. Both drivers were farang, a young agressive one and an old one. She was very amazed to see that. Yes it can happen.

@Somchaismith

Thanks for that website, i had a good laugh. It is a very crappy website (i know you can't help that) and nobody here on the roads will follow those rules. I think it is even better to not even read those rules because it is only confusing. The only important rule is don't make accidents and be safe.

My rules are this:

Stay away from Mini-buses, taxi's, minibus,bahtbus. Always keep one hand on the brakelever. Never drive behind big trucks. If you overtake then make sure you do it fast. Never make sharp corners/movements. Don't stay left but drive on the middle of the left lane. Always bring 100 baht with you for the BIB and don't speak Thai to them but speak fast english. Always be aware of drunk/idiot drivers.

If you drive motobike then realise that you are even less then a soidog. Motobike's are seen as cockroaches no matter if you are farang or rich you are nothing to a thai cardriver. The only time motobikes get respect is when they drive in a group (motogang) on big bikes with loud noise.

Last week i saw a boy (and girl on the back) on a scooter fighting with a taxi-driver who cut them off. It was funny and i almost stopped to help them.

In Europe the motorbikes have the same rights and rules as a car. Also we have police that is very strict in enforcing the law. Total different world.

I agree some of the farangs are the worst. Maybe they think because the thais ignore the traffic rules they can drive like <deleted> as well. You would hope they know better.

If i drove in Europe like i do in Thailand then sure i would get a fine from the police after only 1 day. But that goes for all the Thai drivers as well.

I stopped with being the polite farang who does everything according european rules. There is no use for that. I even don't hold the door open for other customers in a shop, nobody does that for me as well so why should i ?

Also now i drive around without a licenseplate because the Thai government is very slow in making one. Do that in Europe and within 1 hour the police will stop you.

This is Thailand, just do what the locals do and you'll be fine. I don't drive over pavements though (like the Thai do) or skip red lights. But if trafficpolice is arranging traffic then i have no idea what they mean with their handsignals. Also when a securityguard or constructionworker is giving handsignals on a road i have no idea if i should stop for them or not. Also construction workers sometimes put warnings on the road in Thai language only, that almost killed me one day.

Last week i drove on rathana thibet and the right lane was totally empty. I went on that lane and then much traffic came towards meblink.png The police had opened that lane for traffic in opposite direction. How should i know that? They don't put any roadsigns at all when they do that.

• Like 1

>I usually rail against the poor driving habits of Thais but this video clip of a couple of idiots in Chiang Mai on Feb 16, 2014 shows why a lot of Thais think we are worse than them in the driving department

Why play the race card? It's just a dumb road rage f$ck who needs locking up. Can happen anywhere.

Last week i drove on rathana thibet and the right lane was totally empty. I went on that lane and then much traffic came towards meblink.png The police had opened that lane for traffic in opposite direction. How should i know that? They don't put any roadsigns at all when they do that.

They often do that around the flyover towards the mall its usually during rush hour. I seen it many times but yes when they just opened it it can be a bit dangerous.

We seem to live in the same area as you commented on the central too.

Both of them look foreigners to me.

I agree the guy with the helmet was going a bit too fast, but clearly the fault lies with the moron without helmet, as he was trying to go between the cars too, and he was not looking.

Edit to add :

Funny video btw, thanks to the OP for sharing.

Edited by mauGR1

I'm not sure who's the farang in these pictures!? And I have no clue who's right or wrong. In my book they're both idiots, regardless of nationality, especially the guy without a helmet. Not that it matters because he clearly has nothing to protect.

• Like 1

Both of them look foreigners to me.

I agree the guy with the helmet was going a bit too fast, but clearly the fault lies with the moron without helmet, as he was trying to go between the cars too, and he was not looking.

Edit to add :

Funny video btw, thanks to the OP for sharing.

Just look at the room between cars as lanes, then the guy without the helmet merged onto a lane without looking enough. The other guy did go fast though. But the blame is with the helmet less foreigner.

I also zip between lines of cars but in general I keep my speed down as you never know when one of those cars might do something crazy.